Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Good value with Heinen. In favor. Will be interesting how we get compliant eventually. Would be nice to trade Petts or Kappy, but we'll see. Hex has earned some trust on the wheeling/dealing, I think.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Chicago are already over the floor without even having a full roster?

Yes, but when they trade Kane, Toews and then probably Jones at some point (no chance he'll want to stay around after those guys and everyone else are gone).

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
For 1 million he is a good add. He is a flexible player and can help 3rd and 4th lines and PK. NOt bad for 1 million. the only drawback is he is not bigger and plays a more physical game. As constructed right now, Pens simply have failed or Hextall has failed to do what he said was a priority. But I guess until the season starts, things are not finalized as to roster construction.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
For 1 million he is a good add. He is a flexible player and can help 3rd and 4th lines and PK. NOt bad for 1 million. the only drawback is he is not bigger and plays a more physical game. As constructed right now, Pens simply have failed or Hextall has failed to do what he said was a priority. But I guess until the season starts, things are not finalized as to roster construction.
he did what he said he’d do — get bigger and a little more physical in the back end…and they did bring in Archibald and Caggiula….I don’t recall him saying anything about forwards except of course they’d like to find a Tom Wilson or Josh Anderson (big physical and who can play) but they’re hard to find…

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, but when they trade Kane, Toews and then probably Jones at some point (no chance he'll want to stay around after those guys and everyone else are gone).
Kane's the one guy out of those dudes who has any value, imo. He'll be dealt sooner than later for that reason.

Toews has negative value, even at 50% retained. Same with Jones who has one of the worst contracts in the NHL--and would be the worst if Florida didn't sign Bob to that deal. :laugh:

If the goal is for them to hover around cap floor, I don't see them paying assets to move Jones or Toews. It'll cost them pretty hefty futures, imo, even at 50% retained.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Kane's the one guy out of those dudes who has any value, imo. He'll be dealt sooner than later for that reason.

Toews has negative value, even at 50% retained. Same with Jones who has one of the worst contracts in the NHL--and would be the worst if Florida didn't sign Bob to that deal. :laugh:

If the goal is for them to hover around cap floor, I don't see them paying assets to move Jones or Toews. It'll cost them pretty hefty futures, imo, even at 50% retained.

I admit I haven't watched Jones much especially recently but is he really that bad? I thought he was good with Torts in CLB with a stacked D and system.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Heinen scored the game-winning goal in Game 3. If you recall, this occurred after we'd taken a 4-1 lead and then the Rangers pulled Igor and tied it up at 4-4.

I guess if you want to say the two empty-net goals that happened near the end of the period made it a 'blowout', feel free.

HOG is a worthless poster, best to ignore him

Reactions: Ryder71

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Ok. That makes sense. Was wondering how he was a ufa since he under normal years didn’t turn 27 before July 1, as he had a July 5 birthday and didn’t have 7 seasons under his belt yet. His number would have resulted in a higher arbitration number.
Incidentally, this is how he ended up signing here last season in the first place. He was an RFA for the Anaheim Ducks, who decided to not qualify him and so he entered free agency.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The only explanation is Heinen really liked it here, and he's betting on himself taking a bridge deal in a good situation where he can produce.

This is a huge W though. I'll take him with Malkin over Zuck all day.
Allll dayyyy
Life in pro sports for the run of the mill roster guys. It's a fight for their life and the most money on long contract. What is his take home roughly, 400k?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'd rather have E-Rod and Heinen back than Kapanen and Heinen, tbh. No idea why anyone wouldn't be satisfied with what E-Rod brought last season. Dude was very solid for this team, just misused from time to time. With the top-6 kinda settled, I don't think he'd be a mainstay there without injuries, and in that case--big shrug.
With Sully still ruining, i mean coaching this this team, hard pass on Erod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad