Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Great deal. Shocked he didn’t have interest around the league.

I think COVID caused a squeeze amount players like him, those "churn and burn" type of guys who used to get nice paydays in UFA.

The cap has stagnated while the top guys are still getting a ton of money. Someone had to get squeezed for money, and most of it has come from former $3m-$6m UFA wingers.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Wow

Another brilliant signing from Hextall

My guess is they're banking on Kapanen to not play like a bum, and roll with...

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Rakell Malkin Kapanen
Zucker Carter Heinen
OConnor Blueger McGinn

Dumoulin Letang
Pettersson Petry
POJ/Smith Rutta

But we're over the cap. Pettersson or Zucker can still be moved.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
How Are we short forwards? Erod and bjorkqvist are the only 2 off the top of my head not coming back. They were replaced via trade and FA.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wasn't too keen on bringing back all the same gang, but at the same time at $1 million I think he's fine as a jack of all trades that can move up and down the lineup.

Although it's looking less and less likely any of our prospects will see any sort of regular ice time when everyone is healthy.

Reactions: Pens x

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
The
Wasn't too keen on bringing back all the same gang, but at the same time at $1 million I think he's fine as a jack of all trades that can move up and down the lineup.

Although it's looking less and less likely any of our prospects will see any sort of regular ice time when everyone is healthy.
Apparently, none of them are any good and the includes Sam.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Like it a lot in isolation, in terms of the roster make-up I feel a little nonplussed.
I feel the bottom 6 makes absolutely no sense, barring a forthcoming trade. :laugh:

Huh, that's interesting. Can you please explain to me why Kapanen couldn't do the same? ;)
Not to be cynical but it's because management sees Kap as a momentarily impoverished 2nd liner, not a bottom 6 guy.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Watch him become Naslund 2.0? No thanks.

I would encourage you not to hold your breath, if you intend on living. :laugh:

Naslund was an elite player, in so many respects. The only Kapanen does that's elite is skate really fast into the corner and then try to figure out where he is or what he's supposed to do.

Not to be cynical but it's because management sees Kap as a momentarily impoverished 2nd liner, not a bottom 6 guy.

That's one theory.....but not one I'm buying.....

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sully gonna Sully. :laugh: I'm sure he's in 6th heaven, en route to 7th now.

Archibald is the price that will bring home the Calder cup
I just want Archibald to cheapshot Ovechkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad