OT: Health and Fitness Thread - The Second

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I have yet to get on/find a plan for myself, so... can't help ya. Haha. Sorry.

Haha ya, I basically just stick with 12-15 sets on muscle groups when I lift (which hasn't been much the last few months).

Like a chest/shoulders/triceps day
Upper back/biceps day
Legs/lower back day

And I just rotate that. Not sure if that's the most efficient way though.

I was going good for a while, but I tried adding a full 30 minutes of cardio before lifting. That combined with starting a new job with longer hours burned me out, and one-two days off snowballed.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hope everyone is doing well. Still not drinking, definitely has helped me be more sharp/quick. Even once a week leads to a brain drain I wasn’t aware of until stopping for a awhile.

Anyone who was planning on starting their fitness journey January 1st should just start now. So easy to do with all of the great healthy options out there. Good luck!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hows it going gentlemen. I assume everyone's gym is shut down like mine is. How are you guys staying in shape? I've set up a prison style gym in my basement. Its not the same, but its something

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
All pools shut down over here so that blows, and we have a nice gym in our building that’s open.... but mainly just been mountain biking as much as humanly possible. Also love that I’m working from home so that saves a lot of time to be able to ride longer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hows it going gentlemen. I assume everyone's gym is shut down like mine is. How are you guys staying in shape? I've set up a prison style gym in my basement. Its not the same, but its something
I just started getting back to the gym two weeks ago and was feeling great last week, then this. I'll have to just rollerblade and bike for now, once the weather improves a bit as I have no gym equipment. Probably do pushups and sit ups as much as I can.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not having my building’s gym open has really sucked. This would have been the perfect time to be down there for 90 minutes a day

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not having my building’s gym open has really sucked. This would have been the perfect time to be down there for 90 minutes a day

Ours is open, as well as our clubhouse. I’d die without being able to work from there. No one else uses it either which is awesome.

It gets cleaned twice a day by staff and wipes are everywhere to use.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Its so hard for me to work out alone. Just having the energy of a gym around he helps me keep going so much.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t know why but I’m working out as much as I ever have. No bars to visit I guess. Today is my 9th day in a row of running and doing strength training of some sort. I need to convince myself to take a day off before I get injured.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Its so hard for me to work out alone. Just having the energy of a gym around he helps me keep going so much.

For sure, understand that. It’s all business at the gym. I slacked off initially after moving it home. We are all like Arnold in Running Man right now though, that has a certain energy to it, survival of the fittest. Maybe work on a new playlist.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Haha ya, I basically just stick with 12-15 sets on muscle groups when I lift (which hasn't been much the last few months).

Like a chest/shoulders/triceps day
Upper back/biceps day
Legs/lower back day

And I just rotate that. Not sure if that's the most efficient way though.

I was going good for a while, but I tried adding a full 30 minutes of cardio before lifting. That combined with starting a new job with longer hours burned me out, and one-two days off snowballed.
How often do you do core?

Crow

May 19, 2014
Recently? Like zero times per week. I’ve fallen way off the wagon.

With working from home, I’m not even walking/biking to work at the moment. Also, apartment closed our gym
I meant when you were in that routine I guess.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I like talking and reading about fitness so I figure I'd try to get this thing started again. Plus, I'm getting impatient during these two days between games.

Personally, I've started working with kettlebells and have really enjoyed them. Very effective.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Don't underestimate the importance of rest. More water, more creatine, more sleep. You don't need 3 meals a day and the occasional 16-24hr fast does wonders for your metabolism.

Reactions: BLKHKhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad