OT: Health and Fitness Thread - The Second

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I've been told many times the best way to get better at squatting is to do more squats .

And it's true .
True. To be able to effectively do squats without greater risk of form breakdown (and subsequent injury) you sometimes need to do accessory work as well. Nothing replaces the action of doing them though, that’s for sure.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
True. To be able to effectively do squats without greater risk of form breakdown (and subsequent injury) you sometimes need to do accessory work as well. Nothing replaces the action of doing them though, that’s for sure.

Yeah, def agree with you as well .

It's insane how big my legs have gotten since I've been squatting and deadlifting.

I'm only repping in the ~230 range too

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
And just like that I tweaked my lower left back right near my hip. F***

I think I rounded my back on one rep.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Bought a treadmill. Now just have to wait a week or 2 for it to get here. Very excited to get back to working out. I’m definitely a different person when I am working out and it will be great to get back to that permanently. Most of all, excited to try working out in the morning, which I have never done.

Reactions: Easy E

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Two things:

1. Started using treadmill 3 times weekly, 8-9 mins at like old man 11 min/mi pace. Slow as fuddddddge .

2. Haven't had a drink in 21 days

Went from 192lbs to 187lbs, went from 2nd belt loop to 4th belt loop, look tone AF but still a few lbs away from 6 pack.

Really taking time to perfect technique. Starting to focus on big belly breathe for squatting, bulldog grip for ohp and bp (annoying).

Latest 3 Rep PR:

BP 270
SQ 235 (getting better!)
DL 277.5 (this can move up)

After being in denial about beer and running, I'll admit, it is definitely helping my aestethics. My squat is still underwhelming but my legs and glutes have grown like tenfold. Very strange.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Two things:

1. Started using treadmill 3 times weekly, 8-9 mins at like old man 11 min/mi pace. Slow as fuddddddge .

2. Haven't had a drink in 21 days

Went from 192lbs to 187lbs, went from 2nd belt loop to 4th belt loop, look tone AF but still a few lbs away from 6 pack.

Really taking time to perfect technique. Starting to focus on big belly breathe for squatting, bulldog grip for ohp and bp (annoying).

Latest 3 Rep PR:

BP 270
SQ 235 (getting better!)
DL 277.5 (this can move up)

After being in denial about beer and running, I'll admit, it is definitely helping my aestethics. My squat is still underwhelming but my legs and glutes have grown like tenfold. Very strange.

Also have been avoiding drinking. That stuff is poison and it costs too much. Tasty though, I’ll give it that.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Also have been avoiding drinking. That stuff is poison and it costs too much. Tasty though, I’ll give it that.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you need to be extremely dedicated to every single thing you are eating and work out like it's your job to get insanely ripped abs .

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm coming to the conclusion that you need to be extremely dedicated to every single thing you are eating and work out like it's your job to get insanely ripped abs .

Pretty much. Or born with great genetics/metabolism/body fat.

Have a cousin who has a 6 pack/shredded abs no matter what. He never worked out(and he's about 29 now) and he has had that ripped stomach since he was probably 8 or 9.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Pretty much. Or born with great genetics/metabolism/body fat.

Have a cousin who has a 6 pack/shredded abs no matter what. He never worked out(and he's about 29 now) and he has had that ripped stomach since he was probably 8 or 9.

At this point, I just want a nice solid trunk. Really focusing on my back lately as well. I'm doing barbell rows twice during the week now.

Just gonna keep eating and keep working out.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Even at my best, there has always been somewhat of a layer of fat there. I was obsessed with trying to get a six pack when I was younger and still couldn’t do it.

I think you’re right though, anyone could do it if they approached it like it was their job. It’s not something I care about anymore, it’s just about being in top form even if it doesn’t “look” like it on the outside. I have mad chest and stomach hair anyway so it wouldn’t even be worth it if I did have one.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I normally just have a flat stomach but no abs, but when I’m swimming 3-4 times a week is when I get some seriously noticeable abs, triceps, and traps.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
I’ve been getting my half sleeve done so I haven’t been able to work out as much. Also put on a few pounds in Las Vegas and over Halloween. I can’t wait until the art is done and I can really get back into the gym in earnest.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’ve been getting my half sleeve done so I haven’t been able to work out as much. Also put on a few pounds in Las Vegas and over Halloween. I can’t wait until the art is done and I can really get back into the gym in earnest.

What is your sleeve of?

You don’t seem like a tattoo guy to me, from what I know of you.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
What is your sleeve of?

You don’t seem like a tattoo guy to me, from what I know of you.
I’m getting a half on my right and left arm. It’s a season/elements/animal theme. Autumn is what was just finished and it includes and owl, leaves, clouds, and smoke. Getting winter on my inside next. It’s going to have a winter forest/wolf and cooler tones. Might have a lake in it as well.

It’s traditional style with Japanese influences.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’m getting a half on my right and left arm. It’s a season/elements/animal theme. Autumn is what was just finished and it includes and owl, leaves, clouds, and smoke. Getting winter on my inside next. It’s going to have a winter forest/wolf and cooler tones. Might have a lake in it as well.

It’s traditional style with Japanese influences.

Mind sharing a pic of tattoo or sketch of it?

Here or privately via PM?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Me: Man, I really need to refocus on my diet.
*see a commercial for KFC's fried chicken and waffles five seconds later*
Me: ....

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I put on the boyfriend 15 over the last couple of months and am so angry at myself for it

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Skating 2-3 times a week plus 2 days each of back/bis and chest/tris/shoulders now. Finally seeing some results again and putting on some weight in muscle. 153 start of school year to 158 now, all muscle.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’ve been seeing a personal trainer twice a week. If you can afford it, it’s a great way to stay committed. Well worth it. Still work out 1-2 times a week on my own but it’s nice to try new things all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad