Down 11 pounds in 3.5 weeks. Double digits, woohoo!! :dd:

I shall celebrate with virtual cookies :D

20220305_122422.jpg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Down 19.2 pounds as of this morning. I started March 10.

I haven't even really done any significant exercise. Just increased my walking but not by a whole lot.

So far I would say it's just been due to significant change in diet.
That’s great!
What are you doing besides virtual cookies?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That’s great!
What are you doing besides virtual cookies?
:laugh: Virtual cookies are a big help!!

WW. Cut out all soda, cold turkey. I had been drinking a ton of calories that way, so no nutrition with it lol. Pretty much just drink water or Crystal Light. I also used to eat a lot of fast food which I don't do anymore. My diet used to be just pure junk food or other crap with virtually no nutritional value. Now I actually cook. :oops:

Turning 50 didn't really hit me. Turning 51 for some reason has. I just decided I couldn't keep going the way I had. I'd get out of breath walking from my car into the office and going up one flight of stairs. I was just tired of being miserable.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

WW. Cut out all soda, cold turkey. I had been drinking a ton of calories that way, so no nutrition with it lol. Pretty much just drink water or Crystal Light. I also used to eat a lot of fast food which I don't do anymore. My diet used to be just pure junk food or other crap with virtually no nutritional value. Now I actually cook. :oops:

Turning 50 didn't really hit me. Turning 51 for some reason has. I just decided I couldn't keep going the way I had. I'd get out of breath walking from my car into the office and going up one flight of stairs. I was just tired of being miserable.
Good for you turning good intentions into action! Keep it up.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
well, I`m no fitness guru but I`m tired of the bulge that lives just above my waistline. I was driving a 3 layer Coconut Vanilla cake into my guts at the In-Laws Easter Sunday mentioning to my father in law that I`m going to buy a bike soon, he said not to

A few years ago a bike was abandoned on his property, he put an ad out on numerous sites to try and find the rightful owner but to no avail. He dropped it off on Friday, I cleaned it up, put air in the tires and hopped on yesterday albeit it only for about 20 minutes as I haven`t been on a bike in close to 20 years

A few things confirmed 1- I`m badly outta shape 2- my asthma will be forever with me and 3- If I make a consistent effort to ride the bike, increasing times on it daily and not follow the bike ride with a self indulgent sweets buffet, I should be able to shed a few lbs within a few months.

I have to buy a bike helmet though so really sticking only to back streets in my area until that time but had a bunch of fun

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
well, I`m no fitness guru but I`m tired of the bulge that lives just above my waistline. I was driving a 3 layer Coconut Vanilla cake into my guts at the In-Laws Easter Sunday mentioning to my father in law that I`m going to buy a bike soon, he said not to

A few years ago a bike was abandoned on his property, he put an ad out on numerous sites to try and find the rightful owner but to no avail. He dropped it off on Friday, I cleaned it up, put air in the tires and hopped on yesterday albeit it only for about 20 minutes as I haven`t been on a bike in close to 20 years

A few things confirmed 1- I`m badly outta shape 2- my asthma will be forever with me and 3- If I make a consistent effort to ride the bike, increasing times on it daily and not follow the bike ride with a self indulgent sweets buffet, I should be able to shed a few lbs within a few months.

I have to buy a bike helmet though so really sticking only to back streets in my area until that time but had a bunch of fun

Some lessons I learned:

Add music to keep pace and make the time go by enjoyably.

Add an I pad holder and play/surf or even get something productive done while peddling.

Start slow and build a little each day.
Once you overdo it and hurt yourself you will have to stop to heal and by the time you get back on you will have lost all you gained.

Slow and steady wins the race.

...and not to the buffet. Stop those. (Curse you Golden Corral!)

Reactions: BMC and ODAAT

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My boss occasionally buys us donuts/ice cream etc. He knows I've been trying to lose weight so this morning he asked if I wanted anything. I said no thank you and felt quite proud of myself.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago. Our VP came around and gave every lady one of these for mothers day.

They are my favorite. I looooooooooooooove these.

Send help. :help::help::help: And willpower LOL

20220506_142443.jpg

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Good for you, great job you have done so far. Soda or pop here in Canada is just pure liquid evil, it does a lot of other bad things besides weight gain, just cut it out all together and make water your drink of choice...your body will thank you.

Reactions: sooshii

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My boss occasionally buys us donuts/ice cream etc. He knows I've been trying to lose weight so this morning he asked if I wanted anything. I said no thank you and felt quite proud of myself.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago. Our VP came around and gave every lady one of these for mothers day.

View attachment 541720
Got a package of these from a student for teacher appreciation week.

Left them in the staff room for the vultures.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Got a package of these from a student for teacher appreciation week.

Left them in the staff room for the vultures.
That be my suggestion. Have 1 (or 2), leave the rest.

Things I see at the gym that make me laugh:
1. People carrying a GALLON of water around.
2. People sitting on equipment just looking at their phones.
3. People taking selfies in the locker room.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That be my suggestion. Have 1 (or 2), leave the rest.

Things I see at the gym that make me laugh:
1. People carrying a GALLON of water around.
2. People sitting on equipment just looking at their phones.
3. People taking selfies in the locker room.

The best thing I got out of Covid was adding the peloton treadmill and some heavier weights to my bike. I hope to never set foot in a gym again

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The best thing I got out of Covid was adding the peloton treadmill and some heavier weights to my bike. I hope to never set foot in a gym again
I am not a gym person at all. My chiropractor has their own gym at their office where I have to do exercises during my appointment, but thankfully there's usually only one or two other people there at the same time.

My apartment complex has a decent fitness room that they renovated right before Covid with all new equipment. I've been wanting to go use the treadmill and elliptical but haven't done it yet. Besides, it's nice to walk outside and I live at the top of a hill so I get in a decent workout that way.

Reactions: Kate08

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

I was a gym person for 20 years before covid. When the shutdowns came down, we got a Peloton bike and a pullup/dip tower, and I also got a weight vest. It's basically everything you need, especially where I have a neighborhood with a lot of steep hills for running. I like the gym, but I just cannot do all of that transition time at this point in my life.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I was a gym person for 20 years before covid. When the shutdowns came down, we got a Peloton bike and a pullup/dip tower, and I also got a weight vest. It's basically everything you need, especially where I have a neighborhood with a lot of steep hills for running. I like the gym, but I just cannot do all of that transition time at this point in my life.

I went from couch potato to a Boston Marathon finisher by falling in love with group exercise classes. Cycling, boot camps, yoga, you name it. Plus I started running (obviously). Just before the pandemic I got tired of working out on someone else’s schedule so I bought the bike and started using the weights I had at home. Then the pandemic came, gyms closed, and I was so thankful to have the home option. I live in a very hilly neighborhood so I have built in hills. I added the treadmill this winter to my setup - frankly, I’m embarrassed how out of shape I’ve gotten over the last few years so having the option to run in the privacy of my own home is getting me back in the game.

I added some heavier weights, have some exercise/resistance bands, and really enjoy my space.

8D1D6E9D-81EE-461A-8FF8-EEC4B63AA6F3.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I went from couch potato to a Boston Marathon finisher by falling in love with group exercise classes. Cycling, boot camps, yoga, you name it. Plus I started running (obviously). Just before the pandemic I got tired of working out on someone else’s schedule so I bought the bike and started using the weights I had at home. Then the pandemic came, gyms closed, and I was so thankful to have the home option. I live in a very hilly neighborhood so I have built in hills. I added the treadmill this winter to my setup - frankly, I’m embarrassed how out of shape I’ve gotten over the last few years so having the option to run in the privacy of my own home is getting me back in the game.

I added some heavier weights, have some exercise/resistance bands, and really enjoy my space.

View attachment 542246
I wish i had space to do that. Looks good!

One of my all time favorite memes came from a guy who mocked the Peloton commercials a few years ago for showing people riding the bikes in these super fancy rooms. Just looked it up again and had a good laugh

• Haha

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I have a weird thing about space, like home is for relaxing and I have to leave for other stuff like gym or working. I can't do home workouts, even when I had weights and stuff, I never did them. Part of it was an "I'll do it later" and then never end up doing it thing, but I do think it's largely a mental block. I have to physically leave my space and go to the gym to mentally be able to work out. And I do like going to the gym, though I hate the crowds some days.

The height of the pandemic when everything was shut was very bad for my fitness. I tried a few of the at-home online workouts that planet fitness did but I couldn't do it, I hated it. It's just impossible to work out at home.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I have a weird thing about space, like home is for relaxing and I have to leave for other stuff like gym or working. I can't do home workouts, even when I had weights and stuff, I never did them. Part of it was an "I'll do it later" and then never end up doing it thing, but I do think it's largely a mental block. I have to physically leave my space and go to the gym to mentally be able to work out. And I do like going to the gym, though I hate the crowds some days.

The height of the pandemic when everything was shut was very bad for my fitness. I tried a few of the at-home online workouts that planet fitness did but I couldn't do it, I hated it. It's just impossible to work out at home.
For me too.
I joined LA Fitness as soon as I was double vaxed- 1 year ago end of April, and I’ve gone +100 times since then.
(Yeah me)

• Love
Reactions: BMC and McGarnagle

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Decided to try making Mason jar salads for lunch for work. Remains to be seen how it tastes. These have sweet peppers, red onion, zucchini, black beans, corn, shredded chicken, spring mix, and Greek yogurt ranch dressing.

20220508_202602.jpg

Oh and I've lost over 21 pounds now, yay!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Went to the doctor for the annual physical. I'm now at the age where you have to start getting all these lovely screenings. Next up, colonoscopy. Oh goody.

The good news is that since my last visit in November, I am down 31 pounds by the official doctor scale :dd: so apparently I lost a few pounds before I started WW in March.

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 541720

So were you able to resist?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good for you, great job you have done so far. Soda or pop here in Canada is just pure liquid evil, it does a lot of other bad things besides weight gain, just cut it out all together and make water your drink of choice...your body will thank you.

I was a soda fiend for years. It was my go to drink. I finally cut usage by around 95%. I'll still have a soda 1-2 times a week but that is it. Water and Gatorade Zero are my go to drinks now.

Been struggling to get back walking- bad spring weather & my mother's death kinda wrecked my mindset for awhile. So far I've gone every day this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad