He played for the Kings?

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Jean-Sebastien Aubin

The one thing I remember about him, was a game up in SJ where he absolutely stood on his head and won the game for the Kings: Brown scores two goals, Aubin stands on head in Kings' 5-2 win over Sharks

My best friend and I were at that game. Needless to say, Aubin was incredible; but the other noteworthy tidbit is, it was Matt Moulson's first game as an LA King. I remember telling my buddy: "I really like the new guy. He's not a good skater at all, but he's shifty and he's got really good hands. He's always in the right spot to shoot. He reminds me of Luc Robataille. He's probably not going to be that good, but he's the same style of player. He's going to score a lot of goals for us."

I've been wrong about plenty of stuff related to the Kings, but I was legit pi$$ed when Moulson left for nothing (and needless to say but I will say it anyway, that's one where I was dead-on right).

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
No mention of Raitis Ivanāns yet. It's hard to imagine he played for us for 4 straight seasons.

Since this thread has basically devolved into "name a random / obscure former King", I'm going to go with Kai Nurminen.

The Kings drafted Nurminen in the 8th round as a 26 year old.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
No mention of Raitis Ivanāns yet. It's hard to imagine he played for us for 4 straight seasons.

Since this thread has basically devolved into "name a random / obscure former King", I'm going to go with Kai Nurminen.

The Kings drafted Nurminen in the 8th round as a 26 year old.

Remember running into him on a few occasions when he played in Hamilton. He was one big f***er.

Ivanans.jpg

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Ben Bishop, Jussi Jokinen had a coffee but Olli stayed for lunch.
Almost forgot about Ryan Smith, Anson Carter, Martin Straka, Felix Potvin, to name a few.

Reactions: BigBrown

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Denis Gauthier played a whole season here, and shout out to my boy Peter Harrold!

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Has Cliff Ronning been mentioned?
I remember being happy about getting Dmitri Yushkevich only to have him traded after only a few months with the team.

Kings Rule

Apr 6, 2008
Remember Bill "Cowboy" Flett? He was traded to Philadelphia where he had a 43 goal season and helped them win a Cup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad