He played for the Kings?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The 90s had quite a few of these types, like Neal Broten, Rob Brown, and Petr Klima. Grant Fuhr really sticks out for his god awful performance here.

Then you have the likes of Valeri Bure and Alyn McCauley. Household names among us Kings fans.
Yes! We can never forget Petr's storied LA Kings careeer!

upload_2021-7-8_9-6-55.png

He barely missed having his minus rating equaling his games played

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Devin Setoguchi, I don't even remember it now
Mike Cammalleri's second tour
Trent Hunter
Christian Ehrhoff

Devin Setoguchi, I don't even remember it now
Mike Cammalleri's second tour
Trent Hunter
Christian Ehrhoff

Holy smokes! I don't know if I smoked away that part of my brain but I seriously don't even remember a Michael Cammalleri redux. I had to Google it. To make matters worse (for myself), this was only three years ago.

The laundry list of players that the Kings have had over the past 10 years that were once superstars is amazing. I made a joke about it a few years back saying that I would've thought you were nuts if I were told one day I could own an Iginla, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk and Gaborik jersey. At least Gaborik gave us an awesome playoff performance. Lecavalier and Iginla didn't do too shabby given the state of the team at the time and the fact both were on their last legs. Kovalchuk was definitely the biggest let down of the four.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Holy smokes! I don't know if I smoked away that part of my brain but I seriously don't even remember a Michael Cammalleri redux. I had to Google it. To make matters worse (for myself), this was only three years ago.

My favorite Cammi Part 2 memory is going to a Kings signing event and having Dustin Brown sign my commemorative 2012 Cup run book on his page and then handing Cammi a napkin to sign instead :laugh:.

Reactions: KINGS17

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Still makes me mad how misused he was RP.

He was on a completely different wavelength than the entire rest of the team. He'd try to make cute passes that even Kopitar wouldn't anticipate. I used to think that he was just more creative than the rest of the team, but if you can't adapt, then you're the problem. He would single-handedly kill most plays he was involved in because he was so unpredictable.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Miko Eloranta (IMHO had a very strong first season with the Kings after coming over with Allison; essentially disappeared the next year. Not sure he played in the NHL afterwards?)
Oleg Tevordovsky (when you're getting scratched as a defenseman by Marc Crawford........)
Kip Brennan (I was at the game at Staples when he and Brad Norton took turns ending Kevin Sawyer's career - looked like they damn near ended his LIFE, actually)
Ted Donato (for awhile during the AM era, you could set your watch by him comin'n'goin to and from Manchester. Fun times)

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
A couple more forgetful stints... hardly superstars or big names but established enough.

Tom Gilbert... Forgot all about him.
Brooks Laich, I'm as surprised as you are.
Dan Carcillo was a King for a minute too.

Reactions: Reaper45

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Mark Parrish
Brent Sopel

I think that was DT's final trade as Kings GM.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
No mention of JR yet huh....friggin terrible effort by him in LA.

My favorite part was JR throwing the equipment manager under the bus for sharpening his skates wrong. Because that was his reasoning for not skating well, not that he was completely out of shape.

Reactions: Lt Dan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kyle Calder
Ladislav Nagy
Tom Preissing

I remember thinking Nagy was going to be a sneaky good signing. It felt like he always killed us when he played for the Coyotes, so I figured he'd play pretty well here.

I also thought Preissing would do well, and advocated for the Kings signing him in free agency. He was coming off a cup run the prior year with Ottawa.

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad