He played for the Kings?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
You guys remember Erik Ersberg?

53848.jpg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Speaking of goalies. Remember Adam Hauser? He played one game. He had the unfortunate luck of playing in Buffalo.

Buffalo used to be the twilight zone for the Kings. I recall multiple games in which the Kings would go up there and get their asses completely destroyed. Just odd weird games. Adam had the unfortunate luck of playing for LA in one of those games.

His career stat line:
SeasonTeamLgeGPGASOGAASvsPct
2005-06Los Angeles KingsNHL1607.0818.750
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Ben Bishop, Jussi Jokinen had a coffee but Olli stayed for lunch.
Almost forgot about Ryan Smith, Anson Carter, Martin Straka, Felix Potvin, to name a few.

Ryan Smyth was productive as a top line winger in his two years here so I can’t really put him in the same category as Roenick, Iginla, and Kovalchuk.

Reactions: Lt Dan

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Unfortunately, not being from L.A. I've only ever seen them play live once, thankfully a home game. Pavol Demitra was the star of the team at the time. For that and for his tragic death just a few years later certainly one Kings player I'll never forget.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Unfortunately, not being from L.A. I've only ever seen them play live once, thankfully a home game. Pavol Demitra was the star of the team at the time. For that and for his tragic death just a few years later certainly one Kings player I'll never forget.
Does anyone else read kevsh's name this way or is it just me?

Reactions: kevsh

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Although I did like him in his short stay with the Kings, Rick Tocchet is another name to toss into this pile.

Not a popular trade either among fans, but at least Tocchet tried his hardest in the 1.5 seasons he was here.

Reactions: LAKings88

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Although I did like him in his short stay with the Kings, Rick Tocchet is another name to toss into this pile.

Not a popular trade either among fans, but at least Tocchet tried his hardest in the 1.5 seasons he was here.

I never gave him his due or would even give him any credit because Luc was traded for him. Luc was my favorite player without question and I was livid at that trade

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Honest question . Is Forbort terrible or reasonable ?

He’s failing and succeeding at the same time. He was bad as a top pair D with LA. With WPG, he was less glaringly bad. And I’m guessing the Bruins think he won’t have a chance to look bad very much if he’s on their third D pair for the majority of the season.

I think Forbort is going to age well with this move. Become one of those big defenseman who is good enough to reliably chip the puck off the glass 2-3 times a shift.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Honest question . Is Forbort terrible or reasonable ?
This is tough man.

He underwhelmed here and never lived up to his draft position. He has slow foot speed and can get burned by the speedsters. We are bitter here because we protected him over McNabb in the Vegas ED.
That being said, he did look better in the Peg than he did here.

I have a lot of faith in your organization. You guys are well run and tend to get the most of out players. That being said, I don't think he is winning a Norris anytime soon, but I think you guys can make him a serviceable 5th or 6th if the stars all line up

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
He’s failing and succeeding at the same time. He was bad as a top pair D with LA. With WPG, he was less glaringly bad. And I’m guessing the Bruins think he won’t have a chance to look bad very much if he’s on their third D pair for the majority of the season.

I think Forbort is going to age well with this move. Become one of those big defenseman who is good enough to reliably chip the puck off the glass 2-3 times a shift.

Well-said. If Forbort is on your team's top pairing, you're gonna' have a bad time - the more he plays, the more his limitations become apparent. He's fine as a #5-6; he's not a prolific goal-scorer, but he's decent enough at moving the puck. Just don't expect much physicality, despite his size (and, for as decent a straight-line skater as he is for a big guy, he doesn't move particularly well laterally - while a King, I recall he got beat wide fairly often).

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Well I actually traveled to ATL to see the Thrashers smoke both Fukafuji and Barry Brust so badly. They pulled Fukafuji and then had to mercy pull Brust in the second or third period. The fans were extremely friendly and didn't pile on as I walked out of the stadium at the end.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
My favorite Cammi Part 2 memory is going to a Kings signing event and having Dustin Brown sign my commemorative 2012 Cup run book on his page and then handing Cammi a napkin to sign instead :laugh:.
I did something similar at the signing event at Staples. I forget who all was at the table (I want to say it was Williams, Fraser, Regehr, and Shultz), but I remember telling Jeff Shultz I was just getting the guys that were on the cup winning team to sign my 2012 Championship Book. And I didn't have (or care to) him sign anything. :naughty:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
My favorite Cammi Part 2 memory is going to a Kings signing event and having Dustin Brown sign my commemorative 2012 Cup run book on his page and then handing Cammi a napkin to sign instead :laugh:.

sohWhy9.jpg

I did something similar at the signing event at Staples. I forget who all was at the table (I want to say it was Williams, Fraser, Regehr, and Shultz), but I remember telling Jeff Shultz I was just getting the guys that were on the cup winning team to sign my 2012 Championship Book. And I didn't have (or care to) him sign anything. :naughty:
sohWhy9.jpg

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad