He played for the Kings?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
308423_10100498393053154_208907366_n.jpg

I still wish I had bought this Sturm shirt.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
When I moved out here I started going to Kings games to see the off Broadway line ,Carr, Williams and Murphy, to see Bob Nevin to see Pete stemkowski, all of these guys former Rangers that came here and little by little became a kings fan and then they treated Giacomin so bad and then did the unspeakable horror trading for Phil Esposito and I’ve been at Kings fan since whatever horrible day that was…… I think hockey more than most sports guys go bounce from team to team and considering Murphy was not only a king but their captain for a few years we would get better results from the nhl replays , I think while he was in charge of them he went overboard not to be bias or he just ended up hating the kings

Last edited:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Steve Shutt
Ralph Backstrom (left for the WHA after scoring 49 points in 63 games for the Kings)
Ron Grahame (Boston kicked the Kings ass in that deal. The Kings acquired Grahame for a 1st round pick which Boston used to select Raymond Bourque.)
Dave Schultz
Rick Martin
Bill Harris
Ralph Backstrom was traded to Shitcago BlackHawks for Dan Maloney our 2nd line LWinger on the line with B Goring before being dealt to Detroit in the Marcel Dionne Free Agency deal

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The ones that broke my hurt was the Rick Martin(RIP) deal where LA sent 1st pick(turned into Tom Barrasso) for the LWinger with the bad back and Jerry Korab for Phil Housley. Korab actually wasn't bad...When LA "acquired" Dionne their first line centre from the past 5 years(Juha Widing) was demoted...it was sad...Billy Harris the numero uno pick in the 1972 draft was underwhelming made worse when LA dealt fan favorite Butch Goring...Jari Kurri was underwhelming as well...by the time Jari and Wayne hooked up again their best hockey was behind them

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
Steve Shutt
Ralph Backstrom (left for the WHA after scoring 49 points in 63 games for the Kings)
Ron Grahame (Boston kicked the Kings ass in that deal. The Kings acquired Grahame for a 1st round pick which Boston used to select Raymond Bourque.)
Dave Schultz
Rick Martin
Bill Harris

fun fact
When the Kings made the deal for Grahame, Raymond Bourque was currently not eligible for the 1979 draft. Bourque was 19 at the time of the draft and you needed to be 20 to be drafted into the NHL at the time. It was only after the NHL-WHA merger in 1979 that the draft age was lowered to 19 to compensate for the "underage" players currently in the WHA.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
fun fact
When the Kings made the deal for Grahame, Raymond Bourque was currently not eligible for the 1979 draft. Bourque was 19 at the time of the draft and you needed to be 20 to be drafted into the NHL at the time. It was only after the NHL-WHA merger in 1979 that the draft age was lowered to 19 to compensate for the "underage" players currently in the WHA.
Actually it was lowered to 18 to accommodate Gretzky,Messier and the other youngsters that threatened to sue the NHL

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Rob Blake's second stint was pretty forgettable. Sometimes I forget that it even happened.

Kind of weird to think that Blake was actually teammates with Kopitar, Brown and Quick.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Rob Blake's second stint was pretty forgettable. Sometimes I forget that it even happened.

Kind of weird to think that Blake was actually teammates with Kopitar, Brown and Quick.

I will always remember that stint as him refusing to waive his NTC for a deal to San Jose only to then sign with San Jose that off season....friggin turd

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
Alexei Ponokoriski.

After losing on the Kovalchuk sweepstakes in 2010, Dean settled with getting Ponokoriski and the biggest thing I remember him doing was scoring a goal and dropping to his knees in relief as he was on some crazy long scoreless drought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad