HCanes "Bunch of Jerks" T-Shirts

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So the visiting team is going to go to the locker room, then come back out 2-3 minutes after the game is over, see the celebration, and go back out on the ice and start a brawl?

Seems unlikely.

What happens after a highly emotional charged playoff game, a VISITING team skates to Carolina center ice after the game ,and salutes the crowd.....for 1-2 minutes(to a major course of boos)...no rule against that....??

It's a powder keg....

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
É

why does NHL need to adopt NFL celebrations....

Why stop there..let the players wear face paint...and masks to make them their own brand...

Lets turn it into Disney on Ice...

Sure. I don't mind.

I'd actually like some personalized skates.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
What happens after a highly emotional charged playoff game, a VISITING team skates to Carolina center ice after the game ,and salutes the crowd.....for 1-2 minutes(to a major course of boos)...no rule against that....??

It's a powder keg....

When the Canes celebrate a road win at center ice at another team's rink, then you can make this analogy.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
When the Canes celebrate a road win at center ice at another team's rink, then you can make this analogy.

Just a matter of time .....a visiting team after winning, will take over center ice in Carolina(mock the crowd with sticks in the air salute(boos a raining down ).....just because....and there is no rule against that..

how it will all play out from there...will see..

Last edited:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
And while you keep coming back, you've still failed to Adress how he's influencing the game. Only been asked 4-5 times now
no touch icing, stop patches on the backs of sweaters, runs the orr/cherry junior showcase where players fates go up go down, identifies players long before they are drafted.

that enough ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
So the visiting team is going to go to the locker room, then come back out 2-3 minutes after the game is over, see the celebration, and go back out on the ice and start a brawl?

Seems unlikely.

not after the game was over but for before the game begins this was precisely what lemieux thought when he and rookie shayne corson tried tried to shoot pucks into unguarded flyers net.

I don't think " unlikely" is his position now thanks to hospodar and resch.

I'm sure that lemieux was " just doing if for the fans" and of course didnt mean any offense.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Canes should probably be more professional and ditch the clown antics as long as they aren't a playoff squad. Bad look.

Reactions: Pens x

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Why do people give a damn? As a Hurricanes fan I wasn't mad when Lindholm mocked it after beating us a week or so back. What goes around comes around. They aren't doing it after road wins, they aren't doing it when the other team is on the ice, the fans like it, the players like it. If this is an issue then the salute to the fans after games should be deemed "unprofessional" since they are celebrating a win over the other team. Thats what Carolina is doing, they are just doing it in their own way.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just a matter of time .....a visiting team after winning, will take over center ice in Carolina(mock the crowd with sticks in the air salute(boos a raining down ).....just because....and there is no rule against that..

how it will all play out from there...will see..

Then that will be a case of the other team crossing the line.

This is such a false equivalency. Do you seriously not see the difference between celebrating a win at home with your own fans on your own ice, and this other scenario you propose?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
not after the game was over but for before the game begins this was precisely what lemieux thought when he and rookie shayne corson tried tried to shoot pucks into unguarded flyers net.

I don't think " unlikely" is his position now thanks to hospodar and resch.

I'm sure that lemieux was " just doing if for the fans" and of course didnt mean any offense.

LOL, these situations are in no way even close to the same thing.

Come up with a fitting analogy and a decent argument or just stop posting about this altogether.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think its cool.

But they can't do it on the road. And opponents will do it vs them.

If they make the playoffs and draw more fans you can't argue with the results.

Reactions: Crazydounut

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
LOL, these situations are in no way even close to the same thing.

Come up with a fitting analogy and a decent argument or just stop posting about this altogether.
Why cause you say so?
It's innocuous but if you think that players won't leave the ice then come back on to settle for something one side did, here is your evidence.

Why did the flyers care that lemieux put the puck into an unguarded empty net?
What if the fans in montreal loved it?

That made no difference.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
This is simply not within the tradition of old time hockey!
images.jpg

Kids, never embarrass yourselves like that!

I love Don, but truly the pot calling the kettle black..

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Why cause you say so?

Because the thing with Lemieux was during pregame warmups when the other team was present, and he was openly taunting them, and not only that, they told him not to shoot it in the net or they would have issues.

Come on, nobody's dense enough to think these two situations are anywhere close to being the same thing. Stop insulting people's intelligence with these nonsense false equivalencies. If this is the best argument you have it's an embarrassingly bad one.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
I dont mind it. The latest ones have been good especially the baseball one. I would like this to pushed harder in the game. Personalised helmets/skates and better goal celebrations would be nice. Hopefully this is the start of something.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I read through a few pages and didn't see this. but I am pretty sure that the Canes wait for the other team to leave the ice. That is all I need to prove that this is not meant to show any disrespect to their opponent. If they like doing it, then have fun and enjoy it with the fans. This is a game after all.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I read through a few pages and didn't see this. but I am pretty sure that the Canes wait for the other team to leave the ice. That is all I need to prove that this is not meant to show any disrespect to their opponent. If they like doing it, then have fun and enjoy it with the fans. This is a game after all.

You’re correct, their opponents are never present. It’s not at all meant to mock the other team. It’s a simple “thank you” to the fans and a way to engage with them. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either being willfully ignorant or they’re just not very bright.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Because the thing with Lemieux was during pregame warmups when the other team was present, and he was openly taunting them, and not only that, they told him not to shoot it in the net or they would have issues.

Come on, nobody's dense enough to think these two situations are anywhere close to being the same thing. Stop insulting people's intelligence with these nonsense false equivalencies. If this is the best argument you have it's an embarrassingly bad one.
no the thing with lemiex was not, they tried it when the flyers were present, then left the ice ( with the flyers) and then came back with no flyers on the ice and tried it again.

so a supersticious putting the puck in the next WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS NOT THERE is "tauntting" but doing " i'm a little teapot" after a game is just good clean fun "for the fans"

I've seen pre game brawls happen when a guy puts one skate over center in the pregame. so no, chumley, you don't get to unilaterally define what a team can and cannot take offense to.
You’re correct, their opponents are never present. It’s not at all meant to mock the other team. It’s a simple “thank you” to the fans and a way to engage with them. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either being willfully ignorant or they’re just not very bright.

they aree not the same lets see

1) one team had left the ice
2) a player from the home team did something on the ice to scratch a supersticious itch
3) two players who were in the dressing room came back onto the ice ( there were no refs_
4) ed hospodar clocked lemieux ( chico kind of just stood around)
5) players from both teams, in various states of undress ( there had already left the ice and were in the dressing room) came back on the ice to scrap.
6) a pier 6 brawl ensued

yeah you are right, those two incidents are 100% different because one happened before the game and one happened after
100% different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad