HCanes "Bunch of Jerks" T-Shirts

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Not sure what's going on, and don't care. Just hope I never have to watch a Canes game

Nice avatar, bad attitude. :)

Canes are a lot of fun to watch these days. When we are "on," it looks like we're icing twice as many skaters as our opponent. Guys swarming all over and hitting everything and everyone.

That Aho kid is something special too...

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
What seems to be missed in all of this is that this is less a celebration of a victory and more a salute to the fans, a team-oriented recognition that the game is played for the fans and that the team wants to demonstrate an appreciation for those fans. This is especially appropriate for a franchise that has been frustratingly mediocre for the last decade. It is a way to say "thank you" to the die hards that have stuck with them and a way to recognize that with some new found success the team appreciates the new Southern converts to the game of hockey.

Since Tom Dundon has owned the team, the Hurricanes have upped their marketing game, running more promotions, conducting extensive community outreach, promoting the team in local rinks, and generally being more visible in the Triangle. The team is young, plays an aggressive brand of hockey, and is generating positive results....both on and off the ice.

Call us bush league, call us pee wee, call us an embarrassment....we don't really mind, because the team is doing it for us Caniacs and it is working. The fans love it. There's a buzz about it. And, heaven forbid, it's bringing more interest to the game of hockey in a non-traditional market. If you don't want to see the game grow and prosper, then I feel sorry for your bitterness.

Best of all, what we're really hoping is that we get called a playoff team.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think sandy is onto something. While most of you all just see this as a fun little 20 second celebration in the PNC Arena for the home fans after a home win, this is in reality, clearly a declaration to the NHL that we are here to crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

I now fully understand why this is bad for the league............

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
If a team were to tell the hurricanes that they didnt want them playing " i'm a little teapot" after a win and they did, I absolutely could see the exact same thing that you deem " unlikely" from happening, especially in the playoffs where things tend to carry over.

If a team were to tell the Hurricanes they didn't want them celebrating a home win after they leave the ice the Canes would tell them to go pound sand and be right to do so. Don't want them celebrating, BEAT THEM. And if it were to happen (say between games 3 and 4 of a series) I think most people in hockey would laugh at the opposing team starting a brawl over a post game celebration and the resulting penalties/suspensions.

winning at home. they try to take im a little teapot on the road and its likely on,

Well they've won 15 times on the road so far and haven't done it, so I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If a team were to tell the Hurricanes they didn't want them celebrating a home win after they leave the ice the Canes would tell them to go pound sand and be right to do so. Don't want them celebrating, BEAT THEM. And if it were to happen (say between games 3 and 4 of a series) I think most people in hockey would laugh at the opposing team starting a brawl over a post game celebration and the resulting penalties/suspensions.

Well they've won 15 times on the road so far and haven't done it, so I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.
Thing is, if a brawl happened after the game because of the celebrations, everyone would jump on the opposing team for being thin skinned enough to fight over it.

And it would lead the front pages of every media outlet for a week. And the postgame of the next Canes game would be must-see-tv for everyone. Hell, NHL Network and ESPN might cut in just to see if anything happened (let alone TSN and CBC). Which would skyrocket the popularity of the sport, which would be a net benefit to the league.

So.... how is this bad again?

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Thing is, if a brawl happened after the game because of the celebrations, everyone would jump on the opposing team for being thin skinned enough to fight over it.

And it would lead the front pages of every media outlet for a week. And the postgame of the next Canes game would be must-see-tv for everyone. Hell, NHL Network and ESPN might cut in just to see if anything happened (let alone TSN and CBC). Which would skyrocket the popularity of the sport, which would be a net benefit to the league.

So.... how is this bad again?

giphy.gif

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
People are just mad that for once everybody’s talking about the Hurricanes and not their team.

Its the same old story. Anytime over their existence when they’ve been noteworthy, the haters have come out with an eagerness. It’s completely predictable.
I've seen almost no hate on the Hurricanes over this, other than from a few media meatheads that can typically be expected to piss all over anything that has a hint of fun about it.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Theres a reason you dont see any other franchise doing anything even remotely similar
Do you, or everyone else, not see the irony here. You have been beating the drum of this being a stupid over the top celebration, while your avatar is of a sport that DEFINES stupid over the top celebrations....

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
People are just mad that for once everybody’s talking about the Hurricanes and not their team.

Its the same old story. Anytime over their existence when they’ve been noteworthy, the haters have come out with an eagerness. It’s completely predictable.
Youve figured it all out, congratulations

My oh my can it get any more self-centered?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Youve figured it all out, congratulations

My oh my can it get any more self-centered?

You're right, I do have figured it out. 22 years of this stuff doesn't lie.

As for being self-centered, go look in a mirror. You're the one who's not content to just let other people do their own thing. No, you've got to be all about voicing your opposition at every opportunity. That's the definition of self-centeredness.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
You're right, I do have figured it out. 22 years of this stuff doesn't lie.

As for being self-centered, go look in a mirror. You're the one who's not content to just let other people do their own thing. No, you've got to be all about voicing your opposition at every opportunity. That's the definition of self-centeredness.
Voicing an opinion is not self-centered lmfao

thinking people discussing Carolina is angering fans because its Carolina is the definition of self-centered, like as if Carolina is some enigma to the rest of the league like Toronto.

You may be a Carolina fan but an English fan you're not

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Voicing an opinion is not self-centered lmfao

thinking people discussing Carolina is angering fans because its Carolina is the definition of self-centered, like as if Carolina is some enigma to the rest of the league like Toronto.

You may be a Carolina fan but an English fan you're not

I don't know how English has anything to do with any of this.

And I don't think you know what the word "enigma" even means.

And yes, voicing an opinion can be self-centered, when you can't restrain yourself from doing it over and over and over and over and over.

You'll probably respond to this within 2 minutes because you just can't stop yourself from needing to have the last word. That's self-centered.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I don't know how English has anything to do with any of this.

And I don't think you know what the word "enigma" even means.
Just keep thinking people are mad because Carolina is in the news

Nice young core theyve got, it wont be long before their play gets them there instead of some idiotic t-shirt

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The Canes have totally killed the joke, very lame now, but they now are too invested in it to back down and would be seen as conceding to Chery & other critics, so they will keep going through motions even though it's stupid.
Would have to agree

Makes you wonder if they carry it through to next season - like the NJ vs Everybody thing was cool for a season but luckily they dropped it (even luckier because of the season NJ has had lmao)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Would have to agree

Makes you wonder if they carry it through to next season - like the NJ vs Everybody thing was cool for a season but luckily they dropped it (even luckier because of the season NJ has had lmao)

Like I said the last time you asked that, I'm betting they won't stop doing the Surge, but probably will limit it to a few select celebrations repeating instead of a new one every game.

They've already said they'll stop when it stops being fun for them and not a moment before. Because they don't really care what other people are saying about it. They enjoy it, the fans enjoy it, that's all that matters.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm guessing a large majority of people annoyed with these are those who root for any Canadian team in the playoffs regardless of which Canadian team they are a fan of. That obsession is odd and annoying. I love the Hockey News as a hockey magazine, but they also have that bias towards Canadian teams and players. I get it to a degree, this being Canada's sport, but people who think like that are odd to me. Don Cherry is one of them.

I'm not a Canes fan and find this awesome. It's fun and the players and fans enjoy it. It's not mocking the other team, it's not in poor taste. If the Leafs or Oilers did this would Canada-bias people like Cherry say anything?

The people who cheer any Canadian team in the playoffs are typically more bandwagon fans. All the Canadian teams and their fans on here hate eachother. Most want their own team to end the drought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad