HCanes "Bunch of Jerks" T-Shirts

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
The Blue Jays were the first team in MLB history to break the 4 million mark in attendance.

The Canes have done nothing noteworthy other than break the 17, ooo mark per game 2 seasons out of 20.

These are facts. How you chose to deal with them is up to you.
This is getting comical. Maybe the fifth time is the charm. The purpose of my analogy was to point out how attendance of franchises of non-traditional sports correlates to the success of the team. That was it. Seriously, that was THE point I was making. And it still is valid. I have also stated that I was not going for a 1:1 analogy, that it was NOT in fact a perfect 1:1 analogy.

It is quite simple actually. Jays are good, win a couple WS, field a competitive team and = good attendance. Jays suck = bad attendance. Like only 57% capacity for an entire season.

vs.

Canes are good, win a SC, go to ECF, field a competitive team and = good attendance. Canes suck, miss p/o for 9 years = bad attendance. Like only 68% capacity for the entire season.

That's a decent analogy.... which by the way was used for the explicit purpose of repeating the tired things we hear virtually daily here. Canes suck, attendance sucks, can we admit hockey in Carolina has failed, move to QC, move to Houston, move to Hamilton, move, move, move. SO, I found a similar comparison and showed how it feels.

Aaaaaaaand, everyone has bit. You are actually acting exactly as Canes' fans do. Your picking apart the argument. You're shooting it down. Perfect. Now you get it. And along the way you've experienced satire.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
The Blue Jays were the first team in MLB history to break the 4 million mark in attendance.

The Canes have done nothing noteworthy other than break the 17, ooo mark per game 2 seasons out of 20.

These are facts. How you chose to deal with them is up to you.
Saying a team has done "nothing noteworthy" is an opinion, not a fact

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
That's a decent analogy.... which by the way was used for the explicit purpose of repeating the tired things we hear virtually daily here. Canes suck, attendance sucks, can we admit hockey in Carolina has failed, move to QC, move to Houston, move to Hamilton, move, move, move. SO, I found a similar comparison and showed how it feels.
Winnipeg had their team move (and come back), Quebec lost their team (and many want one back), and myself I've heard more way more talk of the Oilers/Flames relocating in the last 10 years than Carolina

So the "this is how it feels" has actually been felt (and is being felt still in Calgary), despite their being in Canada/a "traditional market" & that's why for me attempts at that line of reasoning don't move me at all (it kinda comes across as xenophobic)

I think attendance issues and arena issues are primary reasons for relocation talk, not what country a team is in or whether the market's traditional or non-traditional

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Noteworthy in terms of attendence figures.

Certainly nothing record breaking as the Jays have done.
I had to look it up (being into fact checking + I don't follow baseball) - holy crap you're pointing to 1993! Before Carolina even had a team!

Carolina's won a championship in the last 20 years, have the Blue Jays? A far more recent championship is way more noteworthy IMO than an attendance record from 36 years ago (I don't think I know anyone that would care about an attendance record, and they certainly wouldn't think it's more important than actual results on the ice/field)

When I think of Blue jays/attendance and noteworthy what comes to mind is the Blue Jay fan who threw the can of beer onto the field of play (something that occurred in this century, not the last! HaHa)

I had to look it up (being into fact checking + I don't follow baseball) - holy crap you're pointing to 1993! Before Carolina even had a team!

Carolina's won a championship in the last 20 years, have the Blue Jays? A far more recent championship is way more noteworthy IMO than an attendance record from 36 years ago (I don't think I know anyone that would care about an attendance record, and they certainly wouldn't think it's more important than actual results on the ice/field)

When I think of Blue jays/attendance and noteworthy what comes to mind is the Blue Jay fan who threw the can of beer onto the field of play (something that occurred in this century, not the last! HaHa)

I was stictly speaking in terms of attendance. I don't understand the tangent you went on regarding championships and tossed beercans.

I mentioned two specific facts, neither of which you seem to want accept.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What is your opinion on players giving the "player of the game" a funny hat to wear in commemoration? Such as the Rangers broadway hat or the Flames hard hat? Are these things also not silly?

What about the Octopus tradition? Or throwing literal hats on the ice when someone scores a hat trick? What kind of antics do you think are "professional" over others and why?
1) Stupid
2) Stupid, gross, a waste of good pulpo and potentially dangerous
3) Stupid, a waste of a good chapeau and potentially dangerous

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
I was stictly speaking in terms of attendance. I don't understand the tangent you went on regarding championships and tossed beercans.
For me it's what both teams are most "noteworthy" for in this century (your initial post did not mention strictly speaking in terms of attendance, it said "noteworthy") + it's a bit of mocking you because you think the Blue Jays attendance 26 years ago is relevant now (that nonsensical to me)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad