Confirmed with Link: Hayden for Quenneville

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Quenneville meant so much to Devils fans that their board didn’t even bother making a thread.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Quenneville meant so much to Devils fans that their board didn’t even bother making a thread.
If you've ever been to New Jersey, you'd be surprised they even have a board. :)

I'm still trying to figure out if this picture is real from yesterday. I have my doubts.

ZMOWFTKMBRFSLBDOXQM2GMZPQ4.jpg

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If you've ever been to New Jersey, you'd be surprised they even have a board. :)

I'm still trying to figure out if this picture is real from yesterday. I have my doubts.

ZMOWFTKMBRFSLBDOXQM2GMZPQ4.jpg

They have a small but passionate fan base. When they played Anaheim in the Cup finals I was able to buy tickets from the box office less than an hour before the game. True story.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
They have a small but passionate fan base. When they played Anaheim in the Cup finals I was able to buy tickets from the box office less than an hour before the game. True story.
I know ... they do have a small passionate fan base. Back in the day, I almost went to work for them.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Quenneville never played a game with us, I'd still be happy with this trade.

Hayden has a nose for the net and the character but can't get there - I was hoping Hayden could improve his skating, but after a few seasons it doesn't look promising. Hence, I agree with you. I'd rather he doesn't take a spot away from a guy with more promise.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Dont know anything about Quenneville, but John Hayden sucks at hockey, so at worst this is a lateral move.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Quenneville had a falling out there, thought he had some attitude issues or something like that - not saying he has a bad attitude, just heard he is very loud and annoying at times...I don't know...someone who knows better can chime in..I could be wrong, but something happened there with him...

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
If any team is gonna root for quenneville on the 4th line, it's the blackhawks. I will really really not miss hayden falling over all the time. The only thing I will miss is him trying to fight people all the time.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Hayden has a nose for the net and the character but can't get there - I was hoping Hayden could improve his skating, but after a few seasons it doesn't look promising. Hence, I agree with you. I'd rather he doesn't take a spot away from a guy with more promise.
Yea he always looked a step slow getting into his forecheck.

My guess is q isn’t qualified. Hawks just wanted to move Hayden’s salary.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Lotta hate-in' on Hayden I always liked the guy. Was he ever gonna make the all-star team? No
but he gave 100% every shift - my kinda hockey player.
But ... onward & upward let's go Q's nephew!

One other point: Given the Hawk roster, Hayden kinda thrown into the "drop the gloves" guy and he accepted it tho didn't seem up for (who besides a psycho would be?) I understand& accept that part of the game but had a lot of respect for John Hayden just for that. Will continue to cheer him on - NJD one of my favorite EC clubs - tho this Subban move bad news for them imho.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad