Confirmed with Link: Hayden for Quenneville

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
They've gotten bigger, and still have all of free agency to sign guys and make trades. They're not soft. They're far from soft. The definition of "soft" isn't "don't hit." Hitting, and physicality, are not one and the same in hockey.

The Hawks, through the decade run they had, were outhit in every single game, basically. Were they soft?
When they won cups they had Eager, Bollig, Mayers and Shaw. You look at how STL won they had guys like Maroon. So they better pick someone up like that during free agency or trades.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember when everyone was freaking out when Hayden might not sign with us after staying for his senior year - now many of the same people couldn't want him out fast enough.

For me, Hayden was never really utilized right, I took **** for saying it and still do. I always wanted him at center or at least tried there, I get his skating wasn't up to snuff, but overall I think the kid was bounced around a lot and never really knew who to be.

I don't know what happens to him over in NJ, but they do find ways to get use out of bigger players like Jimmy Hayes and Maroon..maybe the trade sparks the kid and he turns into a decent bottom 6 option - or he never makes it back up..either way I am happy the kid signed with us instead of bolting for free agency, kid doesn't get enough credit for doing that whether you liked him or not.
This.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
When they won cups they had Eager, Bollig, Mayers and Shaw. You look at how STL won they had guys like Maroon. So they better pick someone up like that during free agency or trades.

Of the players you listed, only Shaw had a significant impact on winning any games or cups. And it wasn't because he hit people, it was because he was a good bottom 6 player who never stopped moving his feet.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Of the players you listed, only Shaw had a significant impact on winning any games or cups. And it wasn't because he hit people, it was because he was a good bottom 6 player who never stopped moving his feet.

I'd add Eager. Eager was very effective on the 4th line that season and had a couple big playoff goals. Not to the level of Shaw, but he had a role that season and that 4th line allowed the rolling of all four. Shaw was a level above, no argument.

Thedogo

Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Even though the blues won with big tough boys like Maroon. Hitting fighting and toughness still play a part in the NHL so you need guys to do it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
They've gotten bigger, and still have all of free agency to sign guys and make trades. They're not soft. They're far from soft. The definition of "soft" isn't "don't hit." Hitting, and physicality, are not one and the same in hockey.

The Hawks, through the decade run they had, were outhit in every single game, basically. Were they soft?

You are always happiness rainbows and butterflies arnt you there buddy, and Stan can do no wrong can he? LOL. I bet if we go back two years ago you have been preaching your prosperity since then and what do you know two years of no playoffs. I wonder what you will say if the Hawks miss the playoffs for a 3rd year in a row... Same old same old lol

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Eager was underrated too, he had some timely goals and played some physical hockey as well, he was a skilled kid at the time with the Hawks atleast.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I remember when everyone was freaking out when Hayden might not sign with us after staying for his senior year - now many of the same people couldn't want him out fast enough.

For me, Hayden was never really utilized right, I took **** for saying it and still do. I always wanted him at center or at least tried there, I get his skating wasn't up to snuff, but overall I think the kid was bounced around a lot and never really knew who to be.

I don't know what happens to him over in NJ, but they do find ways to get use out of bigger players like Jimmy Hayes and Maroon..maybe the trade sparks the kid and he turns into a decent bottom 6 option - or he never makes it back up..either way I am happy the kid signed with us instead of bolting for free agency, kid doesn't get enough credit for doing that whether you liked him or not.
I will never understand why they never played Hayden at center. Yes he never improved, but the way he was used didn't do him any favors either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I remember Hawks winning in 2015 with a butter soft lineup with only Bickell providing muscle

Shouldn't the league be softer/kinder league if its a copycat league?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Eager and Bollig sucked, and Shaw does not a contender make.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You are always happiness rainbows and butterflies arnt you there buddy, and Stan can do no wrong can he? LOL. I bet if we go back two years ago you have been preaching your prosperity since then and what do you know two years of no playoffs. I wonder what you will say if the Hawks miss the playoffs for a 3rd year in a row... Same old same old lol

You're obsessed with my personality. It's kinda creepy.

And where have I ever said Stan can do no wrong? You're another meatball that puts words in people's mouths. Reading comprehension... not your strong suit!

Thedogo

Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
I remember Hawks winning in 2015 with a butter soft lineup with only Bickell providing muscle

Shouldn't the league be softer/kinder league if its a copycat league?
No because I said a million times St Louis had Maroon, Bortuzo, Blas Schenn, and Zanford. And why would you want the league softer?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Eager wasn't bad. Nothing special, but played his role well. He certainly doesn't belong in the same group as Mayers and Bollig though.

Reactions: Thedogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad