Confirmed with Link: Hayden for Quenneville

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Liked Hayden personally but once he kept getting scratched for the likes of who shall not be named it was time to move on for both organization and player.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
If you've ever been to New Jersey, you'd be surprised they even have a board. :)

I'm still trying to figure out if this picture is real from yesterday. I have my doubts.

ZMOWFTKMBRFSLBDOXQM2GMZPQ4.jpg

Boooooooo.

Anyway, JQ needed a second chance elsewhere. He fell behind in the depth chart at LW with Hall, Bratt, Coleman, Wood all being better players that would fill roles there. He had a chance last year to establish a role but was largely unnoticeable. For a guy whose greatest asset is probably his shot, he rarely would ever get it off.

Hope he finds success though. No falling out or anything, he was given a pretty clear message to get in shape and he followed through, but was just never able to find success even having done that. This will hopefully be a good opportunity for him to try and re-establish himself elsewhere.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL

might as well call hayden the landfill cause he's total garbage...chief loves him somehow

I was really hoping Hayden could be that tough winger who could check and go to the net, but he just was not a good skater at all and couldn't handle the puck to save his life. Good move by Stan getting a player in return, but let's see what Q can do in camp.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Even if both are just AHL guys Hayden's AHL numbers never really translated from the NCAA I feel like. Edjsell was better looking for the Hogs in their playoff run than Hayden did

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Even if both are just AHL guys Hayden's AHL numbers never really translated from the NCAA I feel like. Edjsell was better looking for the Hogs in their playoff run than Hayden did

Yea at worst Quenneville will help the Hogs. He was very good in the minors last season.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Quenneville is a top 6 or bust type of player. I don't think he can adapt to be a bottom 6er, which is why he washed out in NJ.

Good luck to him in Chicago.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Jersey seems to be built on speed, IMO, and don't believe Hayden fits that mold. He never seemed to find a place with the Hawks and I don't think JC was that fond of his play. The only area he'll be missed is that he replaced Hartman as the scrum guy so we'll need someone to take that spot next year. Hope he carve out a role on the 3rd and 4th line for the Devils.

Reactions: Muffinalt

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I remember when everyone was freaking out when Hayden might not sign with us after staying for his senior year - now many of the same people couldn't want him out fast enough.

For me, Hayden was never really utilized right, I took shit for saying it and still do. I always wanted him at center or at least tried there, I get his skating wasn't up to snuff, but overall I think the kid was bounced around a lot and never really knew who to be.

I don't know what happens to him over in NJ, but they do find ways to get use out of bigger players like Jimmy Hayes and Maroon..maybe the trade sparks the kid and he turns into a decent bottom 6 option - or he never makes it back up..either way I am happy the kid signed with us instead of bolting for free agency, kid doesn't get enough credit for doing that whether you liked him or not.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hate this trade the hawks are so soft and Hayden was the only guy who would throw a body check :shakehead

He isn't a good hockey player, as far as the pros go... I couldn't care less if he hits a ton or not, if he's not a good hockey player.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I remember when everyone was freaking out when Hayden might not sign with us after staying for his senior year - now many of the same people couldn't want him out fast enough.

For me, Hayden was never really utilized right, I took **** for saying it and still do. I always wanted him at center or at least tried there, I get his skating wasn't up to snuff, but overall I think the kid was bounced around a lot and never really knew who to be.

I don't know what happens to him over in NJ, but they do find ways to get use out of bigger players like Jimmy Hayes and Maroon..maybe the trade sparks the kid and he turns into a decent bottom 6 option - or he never makes it back up..either way I am happy the kid signed with us instead of bolting for free agency, kid doesn't get enough credit for doing that whether you liked him or not.

If Hayden is serious about an NHL career he needs to find a proven skating coach. I will be cheering for him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah but the problem is the hawks are too soft. Hopefully Kirby Dach can fix that problem.

They've gotten bigger, and still have all of free agency to sign guys and make trades. They're not soft. They're far from soft. The definition of "soft" isn't "don't hit." Hitting, and physicality, are not one and the same in hockey.

The Hawks, through the decade run they had, were outhit in every single game, basically. Were they soft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->