Speculation: Hawks Wishlist

HawksFan37

Dec 27, 2007
If it's truly firesale time in Ottawa (and it sure looks like it is), what about making a play for Duchene and figuring out an extension for him obviously or Zack Smith to help shore up the center depth on this team?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If it's truly firesale time in Ottawa (and it sure looks like it is), what about making a play for Duchene and figuring out an extension for him obviously or Zack Smith to help shore up the center depth on this team?

I don't know if it is a complete firesale over there. Hoffman was simply moved based upon all this drama with the Karlssons. EK requested a trade. Don't know of anyone else being on the block from them.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think we will sign JVR ...the usual Stan $6.0, and NMC deal and 7 yr Contract..But it does make a line if JVR Schmatlz Kane ...should be lots of goals and a true pp LW goal producer ...that is...IF they can get the puck back because Schmaltz cannot win a face off for his life.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Zack Smith is on a block and I would trade for him as our new 3C. Or Pageau. And after that I would trade Anisimov.

Obviously depends on price.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think we will sign JVR ...the usual Stan $6.0, and NMC deal and 7 yr Contract..But it does make a line if JVR Schmatlz Kane ...should be lots of goals and a true pp LW goal producer ...that is...IF they can get the puck back because Schmaltz cannot win a face off for his life.

If Bowman gives JVR a 7 year contract, he won't be GM much longer.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If Bowman gives JVR a 7 year contract, he won't be GM much longer.
That sounds like the opposite of true to me. He'd help the team so much short term which will sustain Bowman longer. It just won't be a well set future for the team at all.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crazy thoughts.

Pens want to move Kessell, will the retain? He only has 4 years left on his deal.

What about a 3 year Kovy deal?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Simmonds would be a lot of fun.

I want no part of Kovalchuk unless it's beyond dirt cheap and I don't imagine he's open to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad