Speculation: Hawks Wishlist

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
so whats your plan...be mediocre? This team isnt going to be a top lottery team. or do you want to sell? Keith Saad Kane??

I say keep the big 3 - Toews, Kane and Keith, out of respect for what they did unless they want to go because of a rebuild. They’ll also help fill seats and maintain a good lockerroom. Dangle every player not named DeBrincat and Schmaltz, reduce as much of the cap obligations as possible, accumulate picks for 2-3 years, hopefully some in top 3-5, with deep classes, hit on them, have them come up with recent picks and hopefully be good when Toews and Kane are 32/33.

I think I’d feel a lot differently if they had made a coaching change.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
"It sounds like Chicago continues to monitor the possibility of a Justin Faulk deal."

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Faulk really isn't that great. I'm fine with acquiring him, but I'm really afraid we would overpay.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
One thing for sure. Conservatism on Stans part won't work. He needs to get aggressive and if that involves core or former core players, so be it. It may even involve dangling Kaner... just saying. But first and foremost, Q needs to be promoted.

I don't think Kaner's dangled unless the brass thinks this core is 100% done and they're nuking *everything*. Speculation, sure--who here isn't speculating? Thing is if they think the team has a remote chance they probably won't trade the 1 vet skater with enough left in him that he doesn't need to be carried.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the core that won three titles is done for sure. the only one that is not "done" is Kane.

dangling Kane would not be the worst thing for the hawks future, it would be interesting to see what kind of a package he could bring in.

more important moves would be to deal Toews and buy out sea brook but Kane is the hawks most worthy asset for sure

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Faulk is good and would fit well with our team. That Carolina D and coaching just wasn't matching. Underwhelming.

I think Faulk can be a 40-50 point D here that immensely helps our PP.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
The problem with Faulk is that he is pretty much what Jokiharju and Boqvist are projected to be, at least (they will be better). My problem is that when Faulk is due to new contract, Jokiharju should be regular and Boqvist is coming too. And dont forget Mitchell and Beaudin, though Beaudin is LD.

But Faulk would be good addition here now and I think we need to think this prospects vs. veterans thing one season at a time. Faulk helps this team two seasons. Do we let him be UFA if Jokiharju and Mitchell are already playing very good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad