Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I love how we can take the best team in the NHL to OT and yet still some posters make it out to be some embarrassment.

Especially when I was at a friend's thinking about how this site probably went into a meltdown when it was announced Backstrom was hurt.

I was at the Edmonton game, I saw Harding then (actually all three appearances he had this season before tonight live), and I'm sure everyone thought that this team was proper ****ed, and instead, they almost win it and he pulls off some of the best saves I've seen from him, and they take this team that everyone loves to slobber over to OT.

I do have that sinking suspicion that this particular game was the series, as the emotional win it could have been might have really propelled the Wild here. It's usually moral victories with teams from this state and this is definitely another one of those.

It can be something to build on....or something that's soul crushing. Friday is the tell tale factor.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I was playing and watching hockey before your parents even thought about conceiving you. I've been a North Star, Fighting Saints and recently Wild fan..... but the truth is what it is. This team is just not that good. They need to rid themselves of a lot of dead weight. Bouchard, Brodziak, Gilbert, Stoner, ect.... all need to go.

And stop trying to sell Mikko off as a 1st line center. it's embarassing.

So a senile old guy? Gotcha.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Where was Parise tonight?

He needs to be in front of the net winning battles for the puck. Instead he just can't win these battles. He's a good rush player, but I'm beginning to doubt the other stuff.

That is what I asked. I thought he was disappointing all year. Too bad. Hopefully he will make up for it in Game 2.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Anyways guys. Ill see [read lol] you all tmw.

Gotta do HW now. Im exhausted.
Tough loss tonight

But playoff hockey is awesome.

Gnite :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'm not going to say disappointing, but he is not physical enough IMO. We need him to win battles.

I agree. If he does not perform, you have no chance of winning. Anyway, your team played better then I ever expected. Congrats on that. Good luck with Game 2.

:)

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
If Falk gets a start in this series after the way Scandella played I am going...well.....I am going to come on here and *****, that's what I am going to do!

I really thought Scandella played well tonight.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
If Falk gets a start in this series after the way Scandella played I am going...well.....I am going to come on here and *****, that's what I am going to do!

I really thought Scandella played well tonight.

Agreed. Only saw the 3rd period on, but he really impressed me. Spurgeon played better as well--whether that was partly due to Scandella or not is up in the air.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Fun game to watch. Such an intense feeling watching a playoff game with something on the line. I want more!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe Scandella's play will help take some of the burden off of Suter/Brodin going forward... it was nice having at least a "decent" 2nd pair for a change.

edgevolution

GO USA!
Apr 7, 2010
State of Hockey
What a hell of a game! I'm not even really mad, I'm proud of how the team played. If they play the same way on Friday, I think we can take game 2 with Pominville added into the lineup.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Caption this?

167824312_slide.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I hate "what ifs" but I'm going to be seeing that Crossbar in my sleep these next 2 days. Can't imagine what Zucker will be seeing.

OpRedDawn*

Never seen a team continually throw away opportunities as much as this team

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good game plan by the Wild. They played good D, chipped the puck out of their end at every opportunity, and waited for a break. They had a few, but couldn't close the deal.
Scandella looked OK. Nice to see a D man with some size and mobility out there. 4th line played surprisingly well. Cullen was pretty good-hope he didn't tweak something on that chance in front of the net- Seto so-so- Zucker weak at some times, dangerous at others. PMB OK for a change. Coyle didn't look so good to me. Kind of clumsy and ineffective. Clutter played well. Suter was good but made a bad decision on the final play. When you play as much as he is, sooner or later you make a mistake.

Rupp looked funny as hell trying to skate without a blade

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I blew it, couldn't wake up at 3am to watch the game. Now I'm really disappointed about myself.

Nice to see it was a close game, and that Zuckers post/crossbar/wherever it hit what I saw from highlights was basic luck for us.

But yeah, I only saw highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad