Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
I was fairly content with the game the Wild played tonight. We had enough chances to win, but as usual we didn't capitalize on any of them. Overall it was a good game, and looking forward to game 2.

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
I don't think they were booing him because he has MS, guys.

This. Just got back from the game. The fans have no idea who Harding is or what he went through...they just booed because he was a wild player... i think I saw only one other person with a wild jersey on...it was a blast...too bad we lost...although I was thinking I prob would have gotten killed if zucker would have scored that goal...come back with that same effort in game 2...we have a chance in this series

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This. Just got back from the game. The fans have no idea who Harding is or what he went through...they just booed because he was a wild player...

This, plus on top of that, Harding isn't the type that wants sympathy. He wants to be booed by opposing fans because that means he's doing his job well. He doesn't think about the MS when he's being booed. He's not crying underneath his mask. He's still a player.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
In other words he's a 3rd line center. I agree.

his creative skills on the ice are not even close to worthy of a 1st line center, and he'd be middle of the road at best as a 2nd line center.

I won't even bother getting into this as it's not worth my time, but :laugh:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
In other words he's a 3rd line center. I agree.

his creative skills on the ice are not even close to worthy of a 1st line center, and he'd be middle of the road at best as a 2nd line center.

I was playing and watching hockey before your parents even thought about conceiving you. I've been a North Star, Fighting Saints and recently Wild fan..... but the truth is what it is. This team is just not that good. They need to rid themselves of a lot of dead weight. Bouchard, Brodziak, Gilbert, Stoner, ect.... all need to go.

And stop trying to sell Mikko off as a 1st line center. it's embarassing.

I was saddened by the loss but you made my morning a lot better. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm feeling pretty ****ing deflated, too. This team's just been too emotionally inconsistent, and too bad at bouncing back from tough losses. Hate to say it but I've got a bad feeling in my gut that they'll completely forget all the discipline that made them competitive tonight.

They might. But they might not. If they can play game two exactly the same and add just a little more offensive zone time, and maybe get pommer back and get the powerplay to work again it should be a fun time to be had for all except the hawks.

Also, I don't care if the Hawks fans boo every opposing player named in the three stars. You don't ****ing boo Harding in his first start since January and after he played like THAT.

Stay classy, Chicago. Secord ****ing sucks, jack holes.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Overall I thought it was a decent game - they showed up and played hard against a stupidly good, and well conditioned team.

I'm really curious to see how they respond on Friday. As long as they continue to push themselves like this, they should take a couple games.

I was pleasantly surprised by Scandella's play; I hope he keeps it up.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
I missed the game; any briefing would be greatly appreciated! Who played well, who didn't, what went our way etc? I read that Harding stood on his head after Backs left with an undisclosed injury :(

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I missed the game; any briefing would be greatly appreciated! Who played well, who didn't, what went our way etc? I read that Harding stood on his head after Backs left with an undisclosed injury :(

Harding and Suter were superb, Zucker was good, too. Koivu and Parise were quiet. Defensively a solid game from the team.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Harding and Suter were superb, Zucker was good, too. Koivu and Parise were quiet. Defensively a solid game from the team.

Great to hear! Defense is vital in this series! What are we looking to do better 'til game 2?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
So is it for sure Sydor who does the PP? Because he's got to go. There's no use spending all that money on players if you can't get a working PP with this amount of talent.

Tell that to the Pens and Hawks. Both have been awful either this or last year. I'd say they both beat us in the talent dept.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Couldn't watch the game. Sucks that we lost.

Did the Hawks outplay us or were we able to play some hockey?
It's great that Hards played well.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
We dumped on almost every rush. Most of you defend the the Wild whenever someone else brings up the word boring or trap but how did you not see it? We were dumping on 4 on 3 rushe, 3 on 2 rushes, every 2 on 2 rush.. It's like we have the puck entering the zone, instead of maintaining the god damn puck, we dump it for a 50-50 chance to get it back. 90% of our dumps get cleared out within 10 seconds and its the most frustrating hockey to watch. Call me a hater but our system painful to watch most of the time.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
We dumped on almost every rush. Most of you defend the the Wild whenever someone else brings up the word boring or trap but how did you not see it? We were dumping on 4 on 3 rushe, 3 on 2 rushes, every 2 on 2 rush.. It's like we have the puck entering the zone, instead of maintaining the god damn puck, we dump it for a 50-50 chance to get it back. 90% of our dumps get cleared out within 10 seconds and its the most frustrating hockey to watch. Call me a hater but our system painful to watch most of the time.

Agreed. Very boring and frustrating to watch. You see the Hawks pass it back to their D and then go D to D for a while waiting for their team to change while maintaining possession. Then they attack. We never do that. We are always looking to dump it. We had almost no quality scoring chances coming of the rush like usual. It not the hockey I would coach a team to play. It was just so infuriating, I would yell at the TV every minute, "Stop dumping the puck". It just didn't seem to be working for our players last night. No one could really get a cycle going. And even if they did the Hawks would just wait and keep us to the outside because we have no idea how to make a play towards the slot. All three forwards are constantly looking to cycle instead of feeding the other guy for a one timer or give and go to the net. They just shovel it back down the boards. Cycle cycle turnover is a summary of our offensive strategy.

I just don't expect our Defense/Goalie to play that well all series, so we are going to need to score some goals at some point. And trying to dump and change every shift isn't going to work.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava

Gotta agree with you. It allows the opponent to regroup. It doesn't really create much pressure or force mistakes and on top of that you miss odd-man rush opportunities.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
We were majorly outplayed.

I wouldn't say that. We kept them to the outside a good portion of the game. We just didn't create enough scoring chances. I would say we held our own. We had a few breakaway chances and odd man rush opportunities that we (Brodziak) just ****ed up. They also had a few good chances that should have gone in. Having a decent PP would have made me feel a lot better about the game. But we just have to find a way to get more offensive zone time and generate real scoring opportunities.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I take it Koivu and Parise were pretty invisible last night?

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I wouldn't say that. We kept them to the outside a good portion of the game. We just didn't create enough scoring chances. I would say we held our own. We had a few breakaway chances and odd man rush opportunities that we (Brodziak) just ****ed up. They also had a few good chances that should have gone in. Having a decent PP would have made me feel a lot better about the game. But we just have to find a way to get more offensive zone time and generate real scoring opportunities.

They were just constantly in our zone.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I take it Koivu and Parise were pretty invisible last night?

Yup. They both had one/couple chances but else than that - offensively speaking - they didn't do much. They did hold Toews co. off the score sheet, tho.

Can't help but to think that the system kinda forced them into a situation like that.

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
I must have missed it and I didn't notice an Injury thread, but what is the word on Backs? He done for remainder? To what extent is the severity of his injury? Is the the same one that kept him out last season?

Time to PANIC?!

tumblr_lyb8wlRtw11qk682c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad