Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

Awesome game, awesome effort! Harding.. Jeesus.. no words.

****. So good game, but someone must lose.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
So is it for sure Sydor who does the PP? Because he's got to go. There's no use spending all that money on players if you can't get a working PP with this amount of talent. We should've easily won this game if our PP wasn't horrific

Agreed, they play arguably our best shooter as a screen guy on the 2nd unit too.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
that was awesome, much better than i expected

its a shame Zucker couldnt finish some of his grade chances =(

first line was pretty invisible, and our grinding along and boards and dump and chase isnt generating enough offense

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Tough loss.

Great effort by Minnesota and you have to give a bunch of credit to Josh Harding - he played a hell of a game. Chicago's a great team and I don't blame anyone for the goal. However, this was a game they needed to win. It's going to be a tough uphill climb down 1-0.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Proud of the boys, they played their hearts out. Great game by Hards.

Unfortunately the boys shot their wad tonight and got nothing for it.

The next three games will sadly be blow outs. This game was our only chance.

I only watched the overtime, but the Hawks seemed to get away with more no-calls than deserved. But apparently our ********* Powerless Play has returned just in time for the playoffs.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I mean we've got the template to beat them. And Pominville, when (if) he comes back will be a nice injection.

Zucker's flying. Gotta keep throwing those homerun passes to him/seto.

We showed we're here to play.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Should have been boarding on Mitchell at the opposite end. I've come to expect trash from the NHL, but the Hawks winning on a weak call that leads to a goal makes me sick. Not the game winner, but the game would have ended in regulation if it was not called.

I agree with this, I really believe Minnesota could have ended up up 2-0 if not for the refs messing with the momentum, really a very disappointing result in a game that the Wild deserved the win.

OpRedDawn*

Woulda rather got down by 2 early so I wouldn't have invested this much care into the fricken game

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
Very good game from the Wild. Especially the first period. Overtime was pretty even. It's too bad are powerplay is just plain ineffective, inexcusable to go 0 for 4 in a game on the PP.

dwanmaster*

*** ******* ****** This one is gonna take a long while to get over

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Tough loss.

Great effort by Minnesota and you have to give a bunch of credit to Josh Harding - he played a hell of a game. Chicago's a great team and I don't blame anyone for the goal. However, this was a game they needed to win. It's going to be a tough uphill climb down 1-0.

Next time go to a part II, treating the post season differently jinxed them. :p:

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Great effort tonight.

Im glad we have that layoff til Friday.

Refine, relax, forget about this one, get healthier and rest the legs.

We can play with these guys.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
No ****ing moral victories. Needed to pull that one out. Period. Can't let the Hawks steal games from you.

Disappointing to see Suter make that big gaffe to give up the game-winning 2-on-1 after he played so many solid minutes.

But the worst part was easily the classy, classy Chicago fans booing Harding when they announced the 3 stars.

I don't even want to win now. I just want to eliminate Chicago.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I look forward to having Pom Pom and Backs in game 2

Harding should start the next game no matter what! The way Backs played down the stretch was brutal... the way Harding played tonight... it's exactly what the team needs between the pipes!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Tough loss. Harding played great. I also thought Scandella looked pretty good.

But where the hell was Koivu all game. He was a non factor out there. At least I notice Parise hustling around and trying to get in on the forecheck but I can't remember a single offensive play from Koivu. He has got to wake the **** up and make something happen offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad