Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
No ****ing moral victories. Needed to pull that one out. Period. Can't let the Hawks steal games from you.

Disappointing to see Suter make that big gaffe to give up the game-winning 2-on-1 after he played so many solid minutes.

But the worst part was easily the classy, classy Chicago fans booing Harding when they announced the 3 stars.

I don't even want to win now. I just want to eliminate Chicago.

Whoa, they seriously did that!?

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Next time go to a part II, treating the post season differently jinxed them. :p:
First GDT I lost this year as well.

No ****ing moral victories. Needed to pull that one out. Period. Can't let the Hawks steal games from you.

Disappointing to see Suter make that big gaffe to give up the game-winning 2-on-1 after he played so many solid minutes.

But the worst part was easily the classy, classy Chicago fans booing Harding when they announced the 3 stars.

I don't even want to win now. I just want to eliminate Chicago.
Yeah that one bugged me too.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
We are going to regret letting that one slip away. Quite a few weak calls against us tonight. We really need to do something different with our powerplay it is just hard to watch. Special teams is what makes the difference in the playoffs.

Shakeywalton

Jul 7, 2006
No longer an underrated player. Mikko Koivu might be the most overrated player in the NHL now. The reality is, he's a decent 2nd line center.

Did he even suite up tonight?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Sorry you lost tonight, guys. I want Chicago out. The problem...

1) Zucker has no finish - he never has.
2) Where was Parise??? 24+ minutes and I don't remember hearing his name.
3) Harding was great. Very inspiring. Hopefully he can repeat it.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
No longer an underrated player. Mikko Koivu might be the most overrated player in the NHL now. The reality is, he's a decent 2nd line center.

Did he even suite up tonight?

I wouldn't say overrated. He just doesn't shine when highly skilled players like Toews, Kane, and Hossa are out there. He doesn't have the legs or hands to create much space for himself. He is a cycle guy/high end grinder. We really need him to be physical and take the puck to the net but the few times he got the puck tonight he either dumped it our lost it in a board battle. I want to see a much more aggressive Koivu next game.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Dampland---What makes you say that other than your general pessimist attitude?

He almost played today by all accounts.

He's got a concussion, and he is only a week into it. People with concussions regularily have "good day/ bad days" but it normally takes weeks to months to get over it (If they aren't back within 48 hours)

See PMB, Crosby, Lafontaine, etc.

Concussions do not heal like a broken leg or blown out knee. They do not just get better each day.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Sorry you lost tonight, guys. I want Chicago out. The problem...

1) Zucker has no finish - he never has.
2) Where was Parise??? 24+ minutes and I don't remember hearing his name.
3) Harding was great. Very inspiring. Hopefully he can repeat it.

How do you figure?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
When our D played about the best it ever has, we really needed our first line to show up. And they simply didn't show- granted CHI did play them good. But, no excuses.

Shakeywalton

Jul 7, 2006
That was our 1 chance to make this series interesting. I'll be shocked if we even hold a lead over the next 3 games. Don't humor yourselves, the wild will not win a single game in this series.

To think, if they'd have beaten one of Calgary or Edmonton.... 2 of the worst teams in the NHL, they'd be playing the Nucks and might actually have a chance.

And now we get to listen to Yeo's excuses. Please fire this dude tonight.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Disclaimer- I'm a Hawks fan and partial season ticket holder.

We boo every single opposing player that is voted one of the three stars. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Parise or Suter or Jesus probably.

Was I kind of hoping they would cheer for Harding because of his situation? Yeah, I was. But the fact that he plays for the opposition was always going to get him booed.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just the way it is- been that way for at least the last six or seven years...

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
That was our 1 chance to make this series interesting. I'll be shocked if we even hold a lead over the next 3 games. Don't humor yourselves, the wild will not win a single game in this series.

To think, if they'd have beaten one of Calgary or Edmonton.... 2 of the worst teams in the NHL, they'd be playing the Nucks and might actually have a chance.

And now we get to listen to Yeo's excuses. Please fire this dude tonight.

SoH 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad