GDT: Hawks @ Jackets 6pm NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Wow. 1 - 0 game and the jackets barely touched the puck in the last three minutes. It was so . . . uneventful.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
the shine has worn off roslovic in columbus. he continues to try and overplay the player he is thinking he can deke through swarms of defenses like he's kane. he's been a big liability for then the last few games against us and I'm sure torts is not happy with him at all lately

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
upload_2021-2-25_21-27-58.png

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
the 4th line with Highmore-Kampf-Carpenter was probably the most consistent line for hawks tonight
I think it's more Kampf/carpenter have been very effective lately. highmore IMO has been a passenger that just moves with the play. pucks have been dying on his stick and he seems to cough up possession

I don't think it's a mystery in a game with very little special teams time he played only 8 min

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It was not glorious hockey...but as a pastor above said...Hawks gutted out a Torts check fest .
.Not really hockey you would pay to see for the amount they would charge for your "entertainment " if fans could get back into the seats ..But Hawks were not made to pay for turnovers tonight so I guess be happy with thec2 points and the fact we dod not give up points to the opps because we got through this game in regulation with the W.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I think it's more Kampf/carpenter have been very effective lately. highmore IMO has been a passenger that just moves with the play. pucks have been dying on his stick and he seems to cough up possession

I don't think it's a mystery in a game with very little special teams time he played only 8 min

I really like how JC has deployed Kampf this year. He was one of my least favorite players last year when JC played him with more skilled players. He is being used exactly how he should this year, and is only out there in situations that make sense.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Give credit where credit is due... De Haan started that play.

My take, fwiw.... I think it is de Haan's deliberate play that some folks construe as anything else or a negative. The fact that he can be patient with the puck rather than make the knee-jerk reaction is unappreciated for whatever reason. It is what veteran Dmen do. After a shaky start de Haan has steadily gotten better this season. But sadly, someone has to be the whipping boy around here even when the team is winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad