GDT: Hawks @ Jackets 6pm NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Death, taxes and puckinhostile and the rink cast crew never being happy with anything.

Imagine being mad that Colin f’ing Delia hasn’t played enough. Like that’s the thing you’re upset about?

Has Delia not had enough starts as a Blackhawk? I feel very comfortable with the current rotation.

Those guys are the worst, they were upset about stupid s*** when the hawks were good too.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Death, taxes and puckinhostile and the rink cast crew never being happy with anything.

Imagine being mad that Colin f’ing Delia hasn’t played enough. Like that’s the thing you’re upset about?

Has Delia not had enough starts as a Blackhawk? I feel very comfortable with the current rotation.

Those guys are the worst, they were upset about stupid s*** when the hawks were good too.
jaeckel was a real red arse at hockeybuzz too over nonsense and his own pontifications

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
It is really strange how injuries have made personnel decisions for the Hawks this year within seasonal play. I value the health of the Hawks to even hint at further injuries, but the Hawks seem to be playing their best right now without the guys who have been injured during the season. I think it is a case of less is more. Sure some guys may have a little more offensive savvy or grit, but the bad aspects of their game - e.g,, soft play or taking foolish penalties - outweighs whatever benefit they may bring.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I missed the first period and half of the second, how was Boqvist tonight?
Quiet for the most part. He didn't make any egregious mistakes nor did he make anything happen. Had some giveaways in the neutral zone that didn't amount to much but overall not that noticeable.

Didn't have the greatest game fancy stat wise but he and de Haan kept most of their allowed shots from the perimeter.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawksDub89

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
It is really strange how injuries have made personnel decisions for the Hawks this year within seasonal play. I value the health of the Hawks to even hint at further injuries, but the Hawks seem to be playing their best right now without the guys who have been injured during the season. I think it is a case of less is more. Sure some guys may have a little more offensive savvy or grit, but the bad aspects of their game - e.g,, soft play or taking foolish penalties - outweighs whatever benefit they may bring.
I can bag on colliton as much as anyone but I think my biggest gripe has always been the roster and identity has always been in a tweener or limbo state.

I have no problem in what colliton talks about how he wants the team to play and the things they focus on but it often didn't mirror what happened on the ice. I'm not saying the higher end players weren't buying in but I think it's a mix of two things:

1. simplifying the game and having a lunchpale attitude has been more beneficial for the youth breaking into the team who aren't fully baked to open up and make plays like veterans on the NHL level yet
2. colliton has been, at times, a little stubborn to evolve some of his approach and system to better cater to what he has to work with. losing the top two centers, and even strome now, has removed more skill from the team to allow his blue collar style of play to be effective top to bottom

you just wonder if/when dach and toews return, if the full team buy in stays in place or if some identity gets lost as more offensive talent returns and it opens up a bit more that the current corps can't quite play at that level outside of kane and debrincat

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can bag on colliton as much as anyone but I think my biggest gripe has always been the roster and identity has always been in a tweener or limbo state.

I have no problem in what colliton talks about how he wants the team to play and the things they focus on but it often didn't mirror what happened on the ice. I'm not saying the higher end players weren't buying in but I think it's a mix of two things:

1. simplifying the game and having a lunchpale attitude has been more beneficial for the youth breaking into the team who aren't fully baked to open up and make plays like veterans on the NHL level yet
2. colliton has been, at times, a little stubborn to evolve some of his approach and system to better cater to what he has to work with. losing the top two centers, and even strome now, has removed more skill from the team to allow his blue collar style of play to be effective top to bottom

you just wonder if/when dach and toews return, if the full team buy in stays in place or if some identity gets lost as more offensive talent returns and it opens up a bit more that the current corps can't quite play at that level outside of kane and debrincat

Huh?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018

The thing is they have guys that have shown they can score even when not featured - adding some scoring depth. Further, Boquist, Beaudin and Mitchell all have shown they can score at d. The young d really aren't being factored in to the Hawks offense yet. I would say the Hawks have untapped offensive upside right now even without injury returnees. Heck, Beaudin as a seventh d has better hands than any of the Hawks on the fourth line. It should be interesting how March pans out. I wish the Hawks could get another saavy slightly above replacement value player to play in the top 6 if Toews and Dach aren't returning this year.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Something that I notice with Boqvist:
Even on nights he gets killed in possession, like tonight....he still ends up with a positive xGF%. That counts for something. Which means he allows shots from the perimeter and creates more on offense.
I feel boqvist is having "quieter" nights too, in a good way. He seems to be reading the play better and less getting caught flat footed

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Highmore works his ass off, puts his body on the line, and basically does everything you criticize others for not doing. Why do you hate him so much?
My problem with Highshit is that he generates nothing offensively, yet takes bad penalties and is prone to the untimely turnover. Plus I think Johnson brings more to the table physically.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
You know, we talk about the young guys a lot and how they're making a difference but we haven't really talked about how well the depth adds have worker out this year.

Janmark and now Soderberg have become important pieces in helping us win games. Zadorov and Subban trades were not considered wins for the Hawks but both have helped the team and even Wallmark is looking like he's going to be decent for a $1M guy.

Like many I shrugged at the off season moves but they've actually helped the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad