GDT: Hawks @ Jackets 6pm NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Also, has anyone seen the reports of the Russian winger we are battling to sign against Detroit among others? Would he be eligible to play right away when his contract expires at the end of April? He’s third in the K in points right now.
Damir Zhafyarov Is the name
The report is in the prospects thread
All depends on how the nhl rules the contract status of The of khl players

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Also, has anyone seen the reports of the Russian winger we are battling to sign against Detroit among others? Would he be eligible to play right away when his contract expires at the end of April? He’s third in the K in points right now.

Damir Zhafyarov Is the name

Yeah, I've seen a few. Not a big guy, but very skilled and can skate. No idea if he can play for us this season. If our scouting department wants him (and, obviously, they do), I want him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Also rather have a high pick + the cleared cap space. Two offseasons from now we are going to be in a world of hurt with Dach, Kubalik, Lankinen, Kurashev and Boqvist needing new contracts.

They can start talking to Dach this summer about a new deal right? If so, will be interesting to see if they try to lock him down to a long term deal at a slightly lower AAV than if they wait until the following offseason to get it done.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If he would talk do you offer him 8x8 right now? Let's say 8 is the max you'd offer
Haven't seen enough to offer him that much yet, and I'm a huge believer in him.
That would be an incredibly ballsy move.

I think both sides play out next season and see where they are.
Because Dach has missed this season, I see a bridge deal happening.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Haven't seen enough to offer him that much yet, and I'm a huge believer in him.
That would be an incredibly ballsy move.

I think both sides play out next season and see where they are.
Because Dach has missed this season, I see a bridge deal happening.

They could potentially lock him into the type of deal that gives them a window to win like the Keith deal did, if they can get him for a big discount (in future aav) and get it right it could afford them huge luxuries in the future, but yeah it would be incredibly risky and a huge bet on kirby...coming off an injury it would be interesting to see what they could lock him up for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad