Confirmed with Link: Hawks ink Kurashev to 3 year ELC

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Osipov is a big dman 6'4 230. Can't go wrong. Also Right handed.

s1hnuu.jpg

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No idea about Osipov but not really too concerned about him but who knows maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

Seems to me like Stan is getting set to deal some D in the organization.

The Greatest news today is Kurashev signing his ELC. I have watched this guy quite a bit and been reading as many reports and articles on him as I can find. I read the Roy one some time ago. I watched every game he played in at the WJC this year and he was the best player of the tournament IMO

My guess is he makes the hawks next year and to be frank I think he can play a fairly significant offensive role. He is great on his skates, I mean lightening fast accelleration, has a dynamite shot and is not at all afraid to get into the areas where the dirty work is done.

I hope that he is brought in as a winger initially and to be honest I think that is where he would excel as an NHL player, partly as a result of his skills but also partly cause I see Barratt/Wise in addition to Toews, Strome, and presumably Kampf as C's moving forward.

Kurashev is a player that can put you on the edge of your seat, he is that good it remains to be seen if he can do that at the NHL level and how often he gets people on the edge of their seat.

His ceiling is pretty high IMO

PUMPED about the recent ELC the hawks have inked.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
After leading the World Juniors in goals, Blackhawks prospect Philipp Kurashev has his sights set on the NHL

Mark kelley had some nice words to say about Kurashev awhile back

Draft Pick Profile: Philipp Kurashev | The Rink

Here is another one I thought was worth finding and posting here.

You will see that in most articles about his potential there is some question or hit and miss regarding his Defensive play. I think from what I have seen he has really worked on that part of his game and improved. This guy is a perfect fit for Colliton's style of play.

I like to think of him as having the potential to be a hybrid/cross between Filip Forsberg and Matt Barzal

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
was snooping around for news on Kurashev and found this photo of him when he was peewee in Switzerland so I thought I would post it. Can't wait till training camp to see this guy in action with the hawks IMO he has a good shot at making the club next season.

Says his idols are Ovy and Datsyuk

Swiss Eastern Selects - PeeWee Ice Hockey: Philipp Kurashev

Yeah I think he's ready next year with some icehogs seasoning ala Schmaltz during the season. I really liked him at the WC, his speed was always dangerous and impactful.

But what impressed me the most was his play against Latvia during the second game. Watch his highlight at 0.35.

It was so impressive because the game was such a stalemate up to that point, Latvia was really good and the Swiss just had no skill to break through, almost no chances up to that point. Then Kurashev goes and does that play. Not only he showed game breaking ability with that patience to create the chance, but the most impressive part isnt even on the video. Before that play earlier in his shift he covered for a defensemen's high pinch, basically positioning himself in his spot all the way back. So as you say, his consistency on that end right now is hit and miss, but when he tries he really tries.

Honestly he's showing such high potential. If he can put it all together its really going to be something.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kurashev is kind of like Turcotte in style so if Turcotte isn't the pick, you can still look forward to a similar player in Kurashev. Obviously the ceiling isn't the same, but honestly Kurashev is one of those guys that if he became a 1st liner I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not expecting that out of him, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Kurashev is kind of like Turcotte in style so if Turcotte isn't the pick, you can still look forward to a similar player in Kurashev. Obviously the ceiling isn't the same, but honestly Kurashev is one of those guys that if he became a 1st liner I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not expecting that out of him, but it wouldn't surprise me.

It’s going to be a very exciting summer. Wish we could click the “Sim to draft” button

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm super stoked about Kurashev, but am not expecting him to make the team out of camp.
out of camp is going to be asking a ton. Kubalik is locked in for a roster spot and most of the top 9 is back depending on what happens with AA...a few spots are open on the 4th line and we could still land a big fish to play with Kane and Toews that drops Caggiula down....he should easily be first call up though and I think he will impress at camp making the decision to send him down a difficult one.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
out of camp is going to be asking a ton. Kubalik is locked in for a roster spot and most of the top 9 is back depending on what happens with AA...a few spots are open on the 4th line and we could still land a big fish to play with Kane and Toews that drops Caggiula down....he should easily be first call up though and I think he will impress at camp making the decision to send him down a difficult one.

I see it unfolding that way too, FWIW. A half season (to an entire season) in the A, playing against men (albeit, mostly young men), should be a good challenge and get him ready for the show. Very interested in seeing how he fares.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I see it unfolding that way too, FWIW. A half season (to an entire season) in the A, playing against men (albeit, mostly young men), should be a good challenge and get him ready for the show. Very interested in seeing how he fares.
yep, I think he is going to surprise a lot of people as names like Sikura, Hayden, Perlini etc better be looking over their shoulder as this kid is nearly ready to play in the NHL IMO..

Reactions: Kevin Musto

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey if you watch the SC between STL and Bos,notice the refs ha e reverted to letting interference,holding and grab n'clutch...that used to be the Boston mantra bit they added some more skill guys and that has been shown useless against this kind of let me go reffing.. who h is right up the Big physical finish tge check but also With extra grabs clutches and of course interference that the Nog "heavy" Blues prefer...hrond me down..

So getting to playoffs with regular reffing calli g the rules is totally different than winning on playoffs ...because totally different rules apply as the refs throw their blinders on,or simply forget they were given whistles.

Hard to fathom how Hawks plethora of smurfy pmd pipeline saviours on D are gonna survive playoffs when refs give Big heavy teams like STL such a leeway.

Maybe this is why BIG Ospisov is put into the field?

Hope he skates at least as fast as the Blues Bog lugs on D...if he is Seabrook-sliw..that cannot be mitigated even if refs do not call grab and clutch in the SC...because at turtle pace NO REF can make up for the pantsings and the flop out of positions and the cannot get to loose pucks ,and the failed clear attempts that our Turtle Boy gives us each and every game...painful to wat h incompetence especially at a $.875 million a year cap hit. So Ospisov whatever he is cannot be a duplicate foewhat Seanrook pro idescus now...if he is simply the same level.of incompetence then having mere size does him no good.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
From the way we talk here it seems like this team is the deepest team in the NHL in prospects. In the past 4 years this team hasn’t had much success brewing their draft picks to the NHL, only ones that come to mind are Cat and Schmaltz that’s it. Only 2 players that’s truly pathetic, let’s see if any of these guys actually do as much as the huffing and puffing in here.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
From the way we talk here it seems like this team is the deepest team in the NHL in prospects. In the past 4 years this team hasn’t had much success brewing their draft picks to the NHL, only ones that come to mind are Cat and Schmaltz that’s it. Only 2 players that’s truly pathetic, let’s see if any of these guys actually do as much as the huffing and puffing in here.
Hayden, Hinostroza, Sikura, and Hartman are all in the NHL. Then there are quite a few who are almost ready.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hayden, Hinostroza, Sikura, and Hartman are all in the NHL. Then there are quite a few who are almost ready.

Hayden is absolutely useless, Sikura got nothing so far but some decent play but doesn’t scream out success, Hartman is meh, Hiniztroza is the only one who has actually amounted to anything as a third liner. So in the past 4 years we have Cat, Schmaltz and Hinny which was traded. When you have such little help from your drafting and having a long horrendous trading history(minus a couple trades) you wonder why the team is trash...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad