Confirmed with Link: Hawks ink Kurashev to 3 year ELC

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Was gonna happen sooner or later for the kid. Happy that it's sooner and hopefully he'll be playing here or in Rockford next season.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Is he any good? Panarin? Kahun? Or is he more like the Sikura or Hayden hype?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is he any good? Panarin? Kahun? Or is he more like the Sikura or Hayden hype?
Better than Sikura and Hayden. Conservatively I'd put him at Kahun level.

Not Panarin level unfortunately...well not yet :laugh:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kurashev did not play on a very good team this season ...Quebec stand 8th in theirconference standings after 65 games...Had he played for one of the better teams in the obviously he would have put up even better points. .

Skating-wise he would be better than all the current Hawks centers ...His shot is very good and he would have more assists than he does if he had more talent to play with .. The question is where to play him...He to me is just average defensively even at the junior level ...so a lot more has to be developed there.This means probably seasoning in Rockford ...but
even if that,I do not think he fits a 3C role or 4C role..so I imagine his future would be on the wing in the show.

I think his strategic position use could change back to center and perhaps take on a 3C till Toews ready to move down line to 3C in 3-5 years from now IF the Hawks fail to land the ideal candidate for that 3C hold till Toes ready to go down line move when it comes onas he hits the back side of his 30s...Alex Turcotte would be that target candidate as the right 209ft center for 3C and a future 1C in waiting ..But we have no assurance we can get him in the draft .

In that case of nit gettibg Turcotte, they could try developing Kurashev as a C in Rockford to see if they can improve his defense to the necessary level for that 3C in the show for the years till Toews has to move down line.

But if we do get Turcotte then I cannot see why they would continue with Kurashev as a center to develop..but rather try developing him as a winger for a role in the show in the top 9 forwards eventually.

I am just saying...in whatever strategic development move they decide...he probably gets that development in Rockford. ..not learning on the job next season in Chicago...he needs some work on his defending decisions in his own end ..because he can skate,neutral zone chucking is pretty good. .But I do think he needs more development to be better in his d-zone assignments especially at the level required in the show. So I would be surprised if he is on the Hawks next season...But he should be Blr to help Rochford in whatever role they decide ...Center or wing ..He has some talent and his skating as I said is better than NY current Hawks center. HE has good coffee sive hockey sense already ..but nerds to improve hockey sense in his own zone from the times I have seen him play.However ..he never has played on deeply talented squads ..so perhaps you have to keep that in mind..With the right talent on his line maybe he could be a lot more impact full right way than we suspect.

But if I had to guess..U would say Rockford next season ..to develop his all round game more.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kurashev did not play on a very good team this season ...Quebec stand 8th in theirconference standings after 65 games...Had he played for one of the better teams in the obviously he would have put up even better points. .

Skating-wise he would be better than all the current Hawks centers ...His shot is very good and he would have more assists than he does if he had more talent to play with .. The question is where to play him...He to me is just average defensively even at the junior level ...so a lot more has to be developed there.This means probably seasoning in Rockford ...but
even if that,I do not think he fits a 3C role or 4C role..so I imagine his future would be on the wing in the show.

I think his strategic position use could change back to center and perhaps take on a 3C till Toews ready to move down line to 3C in 3-5 years from now IF the Hawks fail to land the ideal candidate for that 3C hold till Toes ready to go down line move when it comes onas he hits the back side of his 30s...Alex Turcotte would be that target candidate as the right 209ft center for 3C and a future 1C in waiting ..But we have no assurance we can get him in the draft .

In that case of nit gettibg Turcotte, they could try developing Kurashev as a C in Rockford to see if they can improve his defense to the necessary level for that 3C in the show for the years till Toews has to move down line.

But if we do get Turcotte then I cannot see why they would continue with Kurashev as a center to develop..but rather try developing him as a winger for a role in the show in the top 9 forwards eventually.

I am just saying...in whatever strategic development move they decide...he probably gets that development in Rockford. ..not learning on the job next season in Chicago...he needs some work on his defending decisions in his own end ..because he can skate,neutral zone chucking is pretty good. .But I do think he needs more development to be better in his d-zone assignments especially at the level required in the show. So I would be surprised if he is on the Hawks next season...But he should be Blr to help Rochford in whatever role they decide ...Center or wing ..He has some talent and his skating as I said is better than NY current Hawks center. HE has good coffee sive hockey sense already ..but nerds to improve hockey sense in his own zone from the times I have seen him play.However ..he never has played on deeply talented squads ..so perhaps you have to keep that in mind..With the right talent on his line maybe he could be a lot more impact full right way than we suspect.

But if I had to guess..U would say Rockford next season ..to develop his all round game more.
Pretty good analysis here.

As you said, Kurashev is the best player on his team by far. If he was playing for a team like the Huskies this year he'd probably have around 80 points.

It's likely he'll need some Rockford time, but if he gets some time with the Hawks next season it'll likely be on the wing. He does have the flexibility of playing center too which gives JC more options. I think the best bet is if he's with the Hawks, he should play with Toews. That'll make up for any defensive errors he may have and it'll also help him learn from the best.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Depending on how some of these RFAs shake out this season. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him some time in the pre season and maybe even the ol 9 gamer to see how he can handle the nhl level.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I do not think his d-zone game is at the level to be a C in the show next season..would need to be improved in development in Rockford. .but his skating and shot and creativity are all better than any current Hawks center ...could he start in the show as a wing ?

Maybe..But it depends if a spot is open in the top 3 lines at wing ...

I seriously doubt they want him on the
4th line with limited minutes...AND as I said, he is not a fit as a checker defensively for such a role.

If AA is moved this summer in a trade ...it opens up the 3C role...I doubt Kurashev's d-zone game is at thus pint good enough for that role ..But maybe he is 1RW on the Toews line .

Us Saad on onour team next season?If not it opens a LW spot. ..and maybe they try him there?

Most likely though..he is in Rockford.. developing g to a better slk-round game ..whether it is at WI g or Center.

A lot strategic decision on whether to develop him ax a C or W may depend on who we get in the draft. .A Center or a winger ..

If we could draftt Turcotte then that could make the decision to develop and use Kurashev as a winger .

If we get a winger ,then they might just send Kurashev to Rockford with no rush on him such that he develops his defensive game so he could be our 3C for several years yet more till Toews no longer can do the 1C role.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If the Perlini we've seen the last 4-5 games can play that way consistently, then the Hawks have their missing top-6 winger and they won't have to spend cap space to go acquire one. If that happens, then holding onto Anisimov to be the 3C for another season is not a bad option and that would give Kurashev a full year in Rockford to get his pro game in order with the idea that he could be ready to replace AA in 2020/21.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
In December, his coach Patrick Roy said he thought Kurashev could play in the NHL next season or in 2 years.

«Je le vois jouer dans la LNH très rapidement. Si ce n’est pas l’année prochaine, ça va être l’année suivante. Son jeu est solide, il va au filet et il arrête devant, ses replis défensifs sont excellents et il fait une bonne job sur les mises au jeu. En deuxième moitié de saison, je suis curieux de voir jusqu’où il peut aller. Les gens de Québec vont être excités de le voir jouer», a-t-il mentionné.

"I see him playing in the NHL very quickly. If it's not next year, it'll be the year after. His game is solid, he goes to the net and he stops in front, his defensive game is excellent and he does a good job on faceoffs. In the second half of the season, I'm curious to see how far he can go. The people of Quebec will be excited to see him play", he said.

Patrick Roy ne veut pas de reconstruction - TVA Sports

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
In December, his coach Patrick Roy said he thought Kurashev could play in the NHL next season or in 2 years.

"I see him playing in the NHL very quickly. If it's not next year, it'll be the year after. His game is solid, he goes to the net and he stops in front, his defensive game is excellent and he does a good job on faceoffs. In the second half of the season, I'm curious to see how far he can go. The people of Quebec will be excited to see him play", he said.

Patrick Roy ne veut pas de reconstruction - TVA Sports
I don't trust people who speak French. :P

Reactions: migi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
upload_2019-3-12_14-38-21.jpeg

I speak French.
You're an assbite, pardon my French.

Reactions: Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events