Has Nazem Kadri played his last game as a Maple Leaf

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
He is a disgrace!

You are welcome to your opinion. From how I see it Kadri has a remarkable ability to spark the team and defend his team mates. Boston aside, this has a general net positive impact to the team. Yes Boston and Kadri don't mix, but that doesn't translate to other teams.

The Leafs are better with Kadri than without, except this Boston series because Boston is a better team when riled up and Kadri riles them up.

Reactions: Lilou

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
The 'clearing salary' argument just mystifies me. You're not gaining much potential value by dealing a player of Kadri's caliber when he's only pulling in 4.5M.

If the Leafs are really in such dire straits that they need to clear that sort of a contract, then they're going to be where Chicago is now in just a few short years, only without the Cups.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs are better with Kadri than without, except this Boston series because Boston is a better team when riled up and Kadri riles them up.
Not sure how much this matters but last month when Kadri was out with a concussion the Leafs record was 5-2-1 without him. Plus their power play looked better during that time and last night we saw Andreas Johnsson who replaced Kadri on the #1 power play line had a goal and assist.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Not sure how much this matters but last month when Kadri was out with a concussion the Leafs record was 5-2-1 without him. Plus their power play looked better during that time and last night we saw Andreas Johnsson who replaced Kadri on the #1 power play line had a goal and assist.

Philly had a better record without Lindros during his final two years. I don't think you'll find a sane man that will argue that he was a negative value player.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I really hope we don't get rid of him. Great contract, and even better competitor. Plus on a more sentimental note he has been around for so long, during the really dark years, I would love to see him carry on as a Leaf.

Kadri's my favourite player and I'd be crushed if they traded him over suspensions.

But Seeing him up in the managers box last night, and leading the practice stretching today, doesn't look like management or the team have lost any love for him.

We really shouldn't be trading a player like him at his contract, it should be Nylander going for the cap space once his huge bonus is paid out in the summer.

I'm gonna say Kadri will be a Leaf for a long time, possibly his whole career.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
It reminds me of the Evander Kane situation in Winnipeg. Move the guy for whatever you can. It's Mathews' and Marner's team now, Kadri needs to in order for the leafs to move forward. Also, If Babcock can't get through to him, he's done.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Naz doesn't give Dubrusk a taste of his own medicine, league doesn't step in and tell refs to start enforcing rules. Bruins will never beat the leafs when they can't play greasy. Naz may be suspended, but he sealed the deal for a leaf victory.

Kadri did not get the NHL to look at the game and change things. There is not 1 good thing that came from that stupidity. If you think so your fan glasses are way too tinted. The complaints filed by both teams and the media coverage got the refs in trouble.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The sure aren’t looking like it but I liked Washington over them anyway.
Ok...but I was just pointing out that the Lightning were the overwhelming favorites and if they aren't ready to win,then who really is?
i realize this was likely an historic anomaly ,but any team that makes it to the dance has a real shot at winning...Vegas last year was incredible as well,so even though the leafs aren't the faves ,it's looking better at this point in time.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Kadri did not get the NHL to look at the game and change things. There is not 1 good thing that came from that stupidity. If you think so your fan glasses are way too tinted. The complaints filed by both teams and the media coverage got the refs in trouble.
Refs were a disgrace in game 2...embarrassingly so!

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Ops premise (which we hate) is we don't play another round. Very HF but whatever.

I could see it going either way. Two first round freak shows in a row gets tired fast. Problem is we don't have anything like a #3 C replacement unless we are going with Nylander. 7 mil #3C, doubtful.

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff to factor in which we can't. What all his relationships are like with Shanny, Babs, the main kids, JT.

I mean he's local and homegrown. Great contract. Solid #2 C. Physical, agitator. Qualities we are generally low on.

vs

Playoff Freak show

It's hard to give up on him but man he isn't making it easy. I'll say he stays for now.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
"Leafs need physical guys that stand up for their teammates"

*Refs fail their job, create an unsafe environment, and teammates are coming close to serious injuries from dirty/cheap shots*
*Kadri plays physical and stands up for teammate after dangerous play*

"Trade him"

#HFlogic

Rielly4Capn

Apr 16, 2019
And the complaints wouldnt have been heard and media would have barely made noise if Kadri doesn't pull a Mcsorely.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The 'clearing salary' argument just mystifies me. You're not gaining much potential value by dealing a player of Kadri's caliber when he's only pulling in 4.5M.

If the Leafs are really in such dire straits that they need to clear that sort of a contract, then they're going to be where Chicago is now in just a few short years, only without the Cups.

The thing with the leafs is your about to have 4 players, all on forward, eating over half the cap. You just can’t add to that 4.5M on a third line player, and still address the d. Which is where that 4.5 will be better spent. Do you keep him over a guy like Johnsson(sp), Kapenen? If you chose to keep those young depth players you have to cut from somewhere

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
The thing with the leafs is your about to have 4 players, all on forward, eating over half the cap. You just can’t add to that 4.5M on a third line player, and still address the d. Which is where that 4.5 will be better spent. Do you keep him over a guy like Johnsson(sp), Kapenen? If you chose to keep those young depth players you have to cut from somewhere

Right, which puts them in Chicago's situation. They have so little fluidity that they're going to need an unsustainable revolving door of overperforming ELCs just to contend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad