Has Nazem Kadri played his last game as a Maple Leaf

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
"Leafs need physical guys that stand up for their teammates"

*Refs fail their job, create an unsafe environment, and teammates are coming close to serious injuries from dirty/cheap shots*
*Kadri plays physical and stands up for teammate after dangerous play*

"Trade him"

#HFlogic

Play physical, absolutely

Gutlessly cross check a guy in the face and get suspended for the series, no.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I wouldn't think so, but this is now twice in a row he has been literally useless in the playoffs.

3 strikes and your out (MO).

Reactions: Vaporwave

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Too early to say anything. Playoffs are still going. If Leafs make round 2 and end up going to the finals with Kadri contributing, maybe even scoring a big time OT goal or something, no one in Toronto will want him out.

But if they lose to Boston, after b2b 1st round losses you'll feel like some changes are necessary and it's easy to look at Kadri and say he blew it both times.

But regardless i don't think they'll get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him. It's all about the right deal out there like 90% of the time. At the end of the day Kadri is a good player, playing a desired position, on a good deal for 3 more years. You don't give up that type of asset for cheap.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Kadri is psychologically unstable and violent by nature. Hes way worse than Wilson since Kadri's intent to injure is always purposeful.

I think he should be banned from the league for life.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Kadri is psychologically unstable and violent by nature. Hes way worse than Wilson since Kadri's intent to injure is always purposeful.

I think he should be banned from the league for life.
Wow.

Where did you get your degree?

It's unethical, doctor, to diagnose someone who is not your patient, and even more so to breach confidentiality if he is.

On the other hand, if you aren't qualified to express an opinion on Kadri's psychological makeup, then your opinion is worth nothing at all.

Reactions: Mitchy

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
"Leafs need physical guys that stand up for their teammates"

*Refs fail their job, create an unsafe environment, and teammates are coming close to serious injuries from dirty/cheap shots*
*Kadri plays physical and stands up for teammate after dangerous play*

"Trade him"

#HFlogic

Or, in #Everyonelogic, physicality is only good when it helps your team win.

Kadri's "physicality" (AKA dirty crosscheck) had the opposite effect, in both the game and ongoing in the series.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
High probability if leafs don't make round 2 he will be gone. If leafs do make round 2 and he redeems himself and comes in beast mode after f***ing up his playoff performance in back to back seasons then that will be another conversation.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Or, in #Everyonelogic, physicality is only good when it helps your team win.
You don't say? What insight.

In other words, no point trying to chase players that don't fit your style of play. Square peg in round hole. Yet everybody keeps telling the Leafs the opposite.

Kadri's "physicality" (AKA dirty crosscheck) had the opposite effect, in both the game and ongoing in the series.
Kadri's physicality (aka defending a teammate when the refs let the game become dangerous, and Boston repeatedly attempted to seriously injure him and his teammates), had zero consequence on the game that the refs had already pre-determined before it started, and while his presence is missed in this series, it brought the team together, Desbrusk has also been a non-factor since that hit, and it ensured a spotlight on the series/reffing, so that no other game would become the dangerous bloodbath game 2 was. We have forward depth to deal with his absence.

As much as I think Kadri handled it wrong, our players not being seriously injured was more important, and Kadri made that sacrifice for the team. That's what everybody keeps saying we need, until they don't like the realities of what that means.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Leafs have some cap issues and Kadri has a cap friendly contract. I can't see them letting that go

Reactions: Carl33

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
You don't say? What insight.

In other words, no point trying to chase players that don't fit your style of play. Square peg in round hole. Yet everybody keeps telling the Leafs the opposite.

Kadri's physicality (aka defending a teammate when the refs let the game become dangerous, and Boston repeatedly attempted to seriously injure him and his teammates), had zero consequence on the game that the refs had already pre-determined before it started, and while his presence is missed in this series, it brought the team together, Desbrusk has also been a non-factor since that hit, and it ensured a spotlight on the series/reffing, so that no other game would become the dangerous bloodbath game 2 was. We have forward depth to deal with his absence.

As much as I think Kadri handled it wrong, our players not being seriously injured was more important, and Kadri made that sacrifice for the team. That's what everybody keeps saying we need, until they don't like the realities of what that means.

You say people just don't like the consequences of physicality, but it's really just that Kadri has taken it further than was needed or even helpful - to the point of ugly. That's the difference, and it's a pretty simple one. No disparaging comments regarding "insight" are necessary.

Do you truly think it's hypocritical that fans want their team to keep pace with a physical team in a playoff series, and simultaneously don't want their players to attempt to injure other players?

I'm a Leafs fan, and I can see what value Kadri brings. Unfortunately, he far too often takes it way too far, and that I am not a fan of.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
the option could also fall to the dops.

if Toronto goes to the 2nd round, you have to think any other team is going to target him.

I do not believe he can control himself.

I think another headshot in the playoffs gets him the playoffs and 25 games next season

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I've said all along i think Leafs win the series and I still do. So he'll be back next round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad