Has Nazem Kadri played his last game as a Maple Leaf

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the right deal comes along for a defenseman, perhaps. But his contract and what he provides at that value makes him pretty valuable to the cap strapped leafs.
The only worry is that his suspension history means that if he pulled the same hit that Jumbo did he’d get 3 games for it instead of the 1 Joe got cause he’s a repeat offender.

Have to be able to trust him to maintain his composure.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I would look to trade him,but not because of the indiscretions. I think he still has value as a 2nd line center to some team and the compete level is likely a plus as well!Sticks up for his team mates...who doesn't want that? Good contract and may bring back a good Dman or prospect.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'd think about it more If the Leafs got their asses kicked tn and the rest of the series. I'd say he stays a leaf unless someone comes hunting hard

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Good 3rd line centers aren't cheap, and we don't have one in the pipeline. Unless they have faith in Nylander being able to play center full-time (something which is unlikely at this point), it makes almost no sense to move Kadri. If we had a cheap alternative to slot in? He'd be on the block. But, with the Leafs upcoming cap-crunch, trading one of the guys who tends to outplay his contract along with Rielly would be short-sighted.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Good 3rd line centers aren't cheap, and we don't have one in the pipeline. Unless they have faith in Nylander being able to play center full-time (something which is unlikely at this point), it makes almost no sense to move Kadri. If we had a cheap alternative to slot in? He'd be on the block. But, with the Leafs upcoming cap-crunch, trading one of the guys who tends to outplay his contract along with Rielly would be short-sighted.

I have to agree with this.

While I obviously hate the stupid temper-driven plays, the grit he brings come playoff time is something that is noticeably absent with basically the rest of this leaf team other than Muzzin. Had he been able to keep his composure enough to fight Debrusk instead of the cross-check, he would have probably got the boot for instigating / misconduct, and then been an absolute nightmare for the B's tonight.

As the Leafs grow into a team that hopes to go deep in the playoffs consistently, they need more players like Kadri -- just ones who don't lose their cool and do something completely stupid.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I’ll take Kadri all day on the Kings. His contract is one of the best in the league and he brings a lot to a team. If the Leafs move him I hope Kong’s inquire

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Not sure if the Leafs still have their 2019 2nd round pick but if they do, they should send it and 2020 3rd along with Kadri to the Canucks for Tanev and Granlund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I really hope we don't get rid of him. Great contract, and even better competitor. Plus on a more sentimental note he has been around for so long, during the really dark years, I would love to see him carry on as a Leaf.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Naz doesn't give Dubrusk a taste of his own medicine, league doesn't step in and tell refs to start enforcing rules. Bruins will never beat the leafs when they can't play greasy. Naz may be suspended, but he sealed the deal for a leaf victory.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Back to back years, he has been suspended in the playoffs, it is not going to help the team.

The Leafs also have cap issues and moving Kadri may make a lot of sense, so do you guys think that Kadri has played his last game as a Maple Leaf?

This is assuming the Leafs don't advance further into the playoffs and Kadri is ineligible to return for the playoffs.

Zaitsev and Brown get moved before Kadri

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I would look to trade him,but not because of the indiscretions. I think he still has value as a 2nd line center to some team and the compete level is likely a plus as well!Sticks up for his team mates...who doesn't want that? Good contract and may bring back a good Dman or prospect.
Absolutely, put in a second line role he’s good for 30 goals and probably 60 points (especially with the increase in scoring) he is unbelievably valuable for his cap hit and gives our team its biggest strength. With Kadri in the lineup we can roll 3 lines that can match with almost anyone. Without him, Nylander flanked by old Marleau and Brown seems like a huge hole. Best course of action is to keep him IMO.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad