Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Most of this goals last playoffs came off washington D playing terribly and parting the red sea down the middle of the ice for him. Same kind of junk that let them get beat by the Pens.

Not sure that will be happening much vs Boston.

Just not a good situation in this series. Bergeron's line is insanely good.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
That loves McDavid, how were his playoffs last year? Hot take: He wasn’t good
He also ate up 13 games of Vlasic, Lindholm, and Manson. Along with Kesler, Silverberg, Getzlaf, and Pavelski. All in all, just as much (if not more )defensive prowess than what Matthews is getting right now.

Regardless, it's pretty pathetic to see you try and deflect. I almost feel bad for you

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
He plays for the lowest scoring team in the league.

With the worst record in the league.

And had 64 in 67 returning from a sprained ankle.

Playing against the best defensemen every shift.

64 in 67 is really good considering all that.

Matthews hasn’t done that either but since he finally got a ppg finish by one point 63 in 62 on a winning team that scored a hundred more goals, I guess that’s just so much more impressive?

Dropping all this as it’s not relevant to this subject.

Meh what does Auston say again..”bleep happens.”

If he didn’t have a horrible attitude maybe the leafs would win a series this decade.

He's playing 20 minutes a night, lowest scoring in the league=more opportunity to shine also Kane=Nylander and Okposo/Pominville>Hyman, so there's no excuses there. But yeah the rest of your team is trash

Sorry he's made of glass.

So are most top guys in the NHL, congrats I guess?

It is considering he played hurt and played nearly 10% less in terms of TOI.

Coaches fired by Auston:0, coaches fired by Eichel:1.

I understand why you're mad though, you have an awful team, your guy isn't as good as ours and when you play us we c**k you in your own barn aka ACC 2.0.

Do you think Eichel will finally score 30 goals in his 4th year or will it take a bit longer? Lmfao

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is the last player I’m worried about. When Frederick Andersen lets in 3 goals on 4 shots again and Mike Babcock is putting komarov on the 1st line that’s the issue.

When you’re down 3 or 4 goals right off the bat you can’t play your game because you’re in catchup mode. If the leafs can score first it will help them a lot.

Tough to win a cup with a euro goalie which is why Boston and Nashville won’t win the cup. Look for Pitt to 3 peat or the Jets from the west.
I'd take an African goalie over Euro goalie everyday. Unbeaten in the playoffs.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He was fine in the first game. Unlike the main boards full of trolls (I've seen your post history being very antagonistic about the Leafs); it's clear what has been the main decider between the two teams. The Bruins are capitalizing on the power plays given to them, the Leafs are not. Plus, they have also gotten like what, 12 PPs in 2 games? That's higher on average than what teams get in the "softer" regular season. I said it before the series, the Leafs need to play their own game. Not fall in to a trap by trying to out grind the Bruins.
I'm not sure what this has anything to do with it. All the stuff you said what very out of context to what I said.

Matthews has had a very weak series so far. By his standards and most playoff team's 1C standards. And I really fail to see how you are arguing that.

Btw your history is way more over the top homer of the leafs, than mine is critical of the team. So don't even start that uphill battle lol

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He's playing 20 minutes a night, lowest scoring in the league=more opportunity to shine also Kane=Nylander and Okposo/Pominville>Hyman, so there's no excuses there. But yeah the rest of your team is trash

Sorry he's made of glass.

So are most top guys in the NHL, congrats I guess?

It is considering he played hurt and played nearly 10% less in terms of TOI.

Coaches fired by Auston:0, coaches fired by Eichel:1.

I understand why you're mad though, you have an awful team, your guy isn't as good as ours and when you play us we c**k you in your own barn aka ACC 2.0.

Do you think Eichel will finally score 30 goals in his 4th year or will it take a bit longer? Lmfao

Bleh.

Made of glass.

Stopped reading there.

Mathews is more injury prone. Eichel got two freak injuries. (Sprained ankles in practice tripping and another into the boards.)

I’d rather have the guy who’s put up 30 assists in every season then someone who hasn’t done it even once on a team that scores so much.

Just remember if the leafs lose in the first round it’s just as bad as not making the playoffs.

I’d rather finish dead last with a draft lottery like this then get trounced in the first round.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not sure what this has anything to do with it. All the stuff you said what very out of context to what I said.

Matthews has had a very weak series so far. By his standards and most playoff team's 1C standards. And I really fail to see how you are arguing that.

Btw your history is way more over the top homer of the leafs, than mine is critical of the team. So don't even start that uphill battle lol

All of my posts have context and even if I post "homerish" bits, I always preface my reasoning and I am open to being proven wrong. Again, 17-2 shots for when Matthews was on the ice. Nothing went right for the Leafs in game 2. Not much Matthews could have done.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He also ate up 13 games of Vlasic, Lindholm, and Manson. Along with Kesler, Silverberg, Getzlaf, and Pavelski. All in all, just as much (if not more )defensive prowess than what Matthews is getting right now.

Regardless, it's pretty pathetic to see you try and deflect. I almost feel bad for you

Isn’t the “best in the world” suppose to eat the rest for breakfast lol. So Bergeron who’s a better shutdown guy than any of the guys you listed can contain Matthews so he’s shit but when it happens to McDavid it means little. Hilarious haha

Reactions: LeafsNation75

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Bleh.

Made of glass.

Stopped reading there.

Mathews is more injury prone. Eichel got two freak injuries. (Sprained ankles in practice tripping and another into the boards.)

I’d rather have the guy who’s put up 30 assists in every season then someone who hasn’t done it even once on a team that scores so much.

WOW 30 assists??????????????? Unreal, congrats dude.

Eichel truly is better than Matthews, if only he could stay healthy, score 30 goals, not get coaches fired and not be playing in ACC 2.0.

Maybe your coach can play him 30 minutes next year so he can hit ppg finally lmao.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You should talk? We all know your a closer Oilers fans that likes to **** in the Leafs. Your ColoradoCanes junk fools no one

Closer? wow grade school was hard huh?

I love it. You just ignore any reply and just say any antagonistic shit you want to. Because that is a hell of a lot easier than admitting Matthews has been soft as baby shit in the series.

Its funny, I was born in Carolina, live in Colorado now. But think what you want, it really matters to me.

Wasn't even an Oilers fan, but since I've joined the site, I have found myself watching the Oilers a lot. They are an exciting team, but the real reason is because they are the only fan base as large and obnoxious as the leafs, in the daily Oilers versus Leafs threads, I found it very easy to pick a side. The side you and the rest of your annoying cronies aren't on.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Isn’t the “best in the world” suppose to eat the rest for breakfast lol. So Bergeron who’s a better shutdown guy than any of the guys you listed can contain Matthews so he’s **** but when it happens to McDavid it means little. Hilarious haha
wait wait wait, what happened to the pathetic deflecting part? You're fine with being the lowly fan that can't take criticism?

Thats good to know.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Bleh.

Made of glass.

Stopped reading there.

Just remember if the leafs lose in the first round it’s just as bad as not making the playoffs.

I’d rather finish dead last with a draft lottery like this then get trounced in the first round.
Dude I'm sure leafs nation is just happy to be in the playoffs, it's been a long time we deserve some sort of success...

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Closer? wow grade school was hard huh?

I love it. You just ignore any reply and just say any antagonistic **** you want to. Because that is a hell of a lot easier than admitting Matthews has been soft as baby **** in the series.

Its funny, I was born in Carolina, live in Colorado now. But think what you want, it really matters to me.

Wasn't even an Oilers fan, but since I've joined the site, I have found myself watching the Oilers a lot. They are an exciting team, but the real reason is because they are the only fan base as large and obnoxious as the leafs, in the daily Oilers versus Leafs threads, I found it very easy to pick a side. The side you and the rest of your annoying cronies aren't on.

Closet, to busy schooling the rest of the closer crew but hey don’t like my opinion. Hit the ignore button and do us both a favor

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Matthews definately struggles in playoffs. He's had many egregoious giveaways this series. It's no wonder Bergies line is dominating the zone time. In the first game Matthews could barely get any offence going. He turned it up a bit in 2nd of this last game by taking more shots. But most were muffin shots without any real danger to them. Screams of a player realize he's just not good enough and is trying to up his shot clock so he can say atleast I was somewhat effective,

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Closet, to busy schooling the rest of the closer crew but hey don’t like my opinion. Hit the ignore button and do us both a favor
Thats it? No longer reply? No shit about how amazing the leafs are and how I am satan for disagreeing? Nothing about me being the biggest leafs hater ever (Even though if you looked at my history I vote Leafs players for a fair # of polls)?

I am so confused. What happened?

Getting crapped on by the bruins really mellowed you out. I miss the insulting version of The List of Jericho

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He needs to engage like laine more. Watching laine he finishes every check returns every slash and crosscheck. And scores too.

Yeh Laines extra grit gives him the edge on Matthews and the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad