Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Matthews really showing his leadership skills by saying "shit happens" when asked about the 20 point performance by the Beats Per Minute line. How about taking some responsibility and recognizing that it's your teams job to shut those guys down. And they want this guy to wear the C. Not anytime soon if they have any sense.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He has a higher PPG than Matthews. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

P.S. An attack on McDavid isn't a defense of Matthews.

Yet I guarantee you started this thread to make Matthews look bad and judging by your responses I wouldn’t be wrong. 5 points in 8 games while McDavid “The World’s Greatest” had 9 in 13 not a big difference to me lol

Reactions: King Weber

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Patrice Bergeron is taking the kid to school.

Good...and he should. That's the difference between - "dude is a sniper with ultra high end skill and his two way game puts him over the top", and "holy shit, Bergeron is literally first or second in the Selke every year. Dude is a two-way god". For one player it's a footnote on his resume and for the other it's a lifestyle.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Did people suddenly just forget about Pastrnak and Marchand also? Ya know the guys that have more points than Bergeron?

Hockey is a fluid game and you don't suddenly just walk through that line, doesn't matter if you're McDavid, that line is going to be tough to play against.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Matthews really showing his leadership skills by saying "**** happens" when asked about the 20 point performance by the Beats Per Minute line. How about taking some responsibility and recognizing that it's your teams job to shut those guys down. And they want this guy to wear the C. Not anytime soon if they have any sense.

Your right, he should create a circus like your captain did all season hahahaha.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Did people suddenly just forget about Pastrnak and Marchand also? Ya know the guys that have more points than Bergeron?

Hockey is a fluid game and you don't suddenly just walk through that line, doesn't matter if you're McDavid, that line is going to be tough to play against.

Best line in hockey I'd say.

Reactions: googleIsMyFriend

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That loves McDavid, how were his playoffs last year? Hot take: He wasn’t good
Interesting that Leafs fans are now understanding that a top shutdown line can shut down star players. The only difference is that McDavid looked much better against Anaheim than Matthews has in this series so far, and he had to put up with far more interference and obstruction than Matthews has because Bergeron doesn't play like Kesler.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
We can agree to disagree. I'd take Datsyuk 10/10.

Yeah, it really comes down to personal preference more than any factual difference. Dats is not bad pick by any means. Fedorov was superb too. Defensive play is much harder to rank compared to offensive play. Guys like Zetterberg and Tikkanen were world class shadows where as Datsyuk or Lehtinen were more all-around defensive players. But any way we slice it, Bergeron is one of the best defensive forwards in the history of the game.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Your right, he should create a circus like your captain did all season hahahaha.

Nah, look at the way Karlsson handled the media after a loss during last years playoffs. A true professional, and a leader, took the responsibility on his shoulders and flat out said his team needs to be better. And then unlike Matthews he'd go out the next game and actually take over the game himself.

Matthews is not captain material yet I'm afraid, he's very immature and selfish.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I really enjoy watching the leafs get blown out but I think it's likely revealed after the series that Matthews is playing through a significant injury.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Nah, look at the way Karlsson handled the media after a loss during last years playoffs. A true professional, and a leader, took the responsibility on his shoulders and flat out said his team needs to be better. And then unlike Matthews he'd go out the next game and actually take over the game himself.

Matthews is not captain material yet I'm afraid, he's very immature and selfish.

Right...like half the stuff out of Karlsson's mouth this year doesn't have Sens fans thinking he's disloyal and ready to bolt if he doesn't get his money. Great captain lol

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad