Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Early second period Kravtsov down in a heap behind the net came flying back on the back check dove to break up an odd man rush and slid backwards into the boards full speed. I think he’s ok.

but he’s gotten roughed up a couple times today. Took a couple sticks and a bad hit last game too

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ebert is pretty talented. Always come away thinking that. Playing with Rykov they’ve really played well together.

Kravtsov back out there doesn’t miss a shift but on the way back to the bench looks a bit sore

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Jones centering Beleskey and Gropp is an interesting line. I like the way both Gropp and Jones have played lately. Been good again here

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov just does so many of the little things well. Great outlet pass not afraid to go to the net to look for tips. Just a really smart two way player.

Rykov just Tony Ded a guy at the blueline gets to the middle ice and shoots a weirder that’s blocked but it looked like a really confident move and shot. 10 mins to go

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way Skarek in net here for the Sound tigers in the second period. Kind of an interesting goalie prospect in his draft year. Good size.

Bodie Wilde is out here too. Looks like crap. Lumbering. I wanted him was surprised he fell but doesn’t look very good. I’d take Keane over him all day. I definitely take miller and lundkvist over him all day long.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
By the way Skarek in net here for the Sound tigers in the second period. Kind of an interesting goalie prospect in his draft year. Good size.

Bodie Wilde is out here too. Looks like crap. Lumbering. I wanted him was surprised he fell but doesn’t look very good. I’d take Keane over him all day. I definitely take miller and lundkvist over him all day long.
Rangers the smartest guys in the room confirmed? :sarcasm:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pack have an ability to melt games like good teams do. When they get a lead things really slow down whistles scrums pucks getting deep. No one really runs around all 5 guys in the picture.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
First sustained pressure from the SoundTigers in this period comes with 4 mins to go. No shot actually hits the net and the Pack clear. Then Jones draws a pp using his speed driving to the net.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Pack have an ability to melt games like good teams do. When they get a lead things really slow down whistles scrums pucks getting deep. No one really runs around all 5 guys in the picture.

You probably meant to "ice" games, right? Otherwise, in the past regimes HWP had very difficult time protecting a lead, even when it was a sizable one too.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You probably meant to "ice" games, right? Otherwise, in the past regimes HWP had very difficult time protecting a lead, even when it was a sizable one too.

no I meant melt the clock. Keep things quiet clock keeps ticking away not necessarily add that goal that puts a team away. Just manage to keep things very quiet no big surges. Don’t give any opportunities to give the opposition momentum Just melt the clock

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
For instance we’re about 10 mins Thru this period and nothing has happened. We aren’t turtling we just carry pucks into the corners. Our guys straight directly into the opposition corners and hold pucks, 5 guys in the picture again no one running around. Everything to the outside. Great gaps, standing up at the lines, getting whistles, scrums, anything to slow the game down to a crawl. Leave very little chance for the tigers to get any momentum.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The levels of our forecheck are just so crisp. Guys circling even without too much pressure it’s just extremely well executed.

oregan actually takes a dumb penalty here trying to do to much to keep a puck in the offensive zone. Maybe opens a door here for the soundtigers

nope Ladd takes a penalty right away lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And by the way Kravtsov is totally bought in on it. I’ve been incredibly impressed wirh his two way game. When he’s not scoring he’s doing everything he’s supposed to do on the defensive side of the puck. Very responsible. This is one of those games. They just are playing it very systematically. No one taking any big chances here. Every puck deep either carried deep (mostly) or softly dumped into corners

Reactions: egelband and ohbaby

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
LoVerde takes a dumb one with about 8 mins to go. Think he grabbed a guy unnecessarily.

Again Maybe this gives The sound tigers life they’re 0/3 on the pp

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We hold the line so well that part of that melting the clock is whistles. We cause so many offsides with how we hold the blueline. That’s by design and completely the opposite of what’s going on in NY where we back up to the circles all day on zone entries.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ebert is pretty talented. Always come away thinking that. Playing with Rykov they’ve really played well together.

Kravtsov back out there doesn’t miss a shift but on the way back to the bench looks a bit sore
I said the other day someone will give Ebert (and Raddysh) a cup eventually, he's pretty good. Not an NHL regular but he'll play some games.

I figured we'd take a goalie in that draft and Skarek was the one I wanted. Annunen is looking like the best so far. Oh and we have Lindbum.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Aho fires one from the point and Ladd tips it home right at the end of this PP with about 5 mins to go. This is literally like the only way Shesterkin gets beat ever. It’s literally got to be unstoppable. 3-2 it’s basically another perfect game from him.

man what a play by Gropp racing down the right wing chips around dman gets to it sets up Beleskey cross crease looking for the HatTrick just misses.

Pack continue to stand guys up at the line this time geertson flattens someone 3 mins to go

grear shift here by the Kravtsov lone sustaining pressure kill a minute in the offensive zone

PACK hang on 3-2 win didn’t give up a shot after that goal. No panic.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I said the other day someone will give Ebert (and Raddysh) a cup eventually, he's pretty good. Not an NHL regular but he'll play some games.

I figured we'd take a goalie in that draft and Skarek was the one I wanted. Annunen is looking like the best so far. Oh and we have Lindbum.
Rangers the smartest guys in the room confirmed? :sarcasm:
Debunked

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Honestly when we fire Quinn and we will if we don’t decide we need an nhl coach wirh experience and go and hire a DeBoer or Laviolette (if he becomes avail) Knoblauch with Murphy should seriously get consideration.

I don't think they fire Quinn for at least another year but if the defense continues to look like a tire fire they might do something

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pack play Providence tonight. They are two points back on Hartford 2nd place in the Atlantic. This is what Shesterkin has done to them this season.

4-0-0-1 /a 1.20 GAA / a .963 SV %, and 2 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad