Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It would be a mistake to give up Lindgren, or make him the odd-man out. He brings the physicality and nastiness that no one else does. He's also rock-solid defensively. IMO he's the perfect guy for your third pair, and he's capable of stepping up a level if the need arises.

The debate should be what you do with Staal, Rykov, and Hajek. Obviously Staal needs to go, which then makes the decision do you move one of Rykov or Hajek, or potentially even move Skjei. At this point I'm not moving anyone for Hajek, but I'd also like to keep him at least another year to see what he turns into.

Assuming my expectations (from watching Rykov on many occasions over the last year) are correct when it comes to being better than both Hajek and Lindgren, the decision on who stays and who goes will include considerations re cap hit, elements of the game and how these fit in with the rest of the defensive core and what a trade return could bring). Throw Skjei in that discussion too.

Reactions: nyr2k2

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I guess Elmer is hurt? He was out of lineup for Maine saturday after playing thursday, friday

And now as of monday 30th, ECHL transactions page has Elmer "placed on Reserve"

Unlucky timing,
w Fogarty up,
Newell & Fonataine hurt,
so HWP has unproven guys like Fox and McBride among their roster Fs

I even believe Geertsen may have skated at least 1 game as 7th D/13th F

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I would easily trade skjei. He's a 3rd pair defenseman on great teams and a 2nd pair on most else. He's a top pair here when he shouldn't be.

Can we get an upgrade at forward for him? If so I'd easily move him.

Leaving our left side with...what, exactly?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Rykov Lindgren Miller smith one of trouba DeAngelo fox or lundkvist moving over to the left, and any number of available filler defenseman...

2020 NHL Free Agents Tracker

And where do you see Staal going, besides straight to the first pair? Rykov's still in Hartford, Lindgren's on the 3rd pair, Miller and Lundkvist shouldn't make the team for at least another year unless they really break through, and Smith's not even good enough to take a regular shift at D

Trading Skjei prior to the prospect depth actually proving they're NHL players is a recipe for disaster

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
And where do you see Staal going, besides straight to the first pair? Rykov's still in Hartford, Lindgren's on the 3rd pair, Miller and Lundkvist shouldn't make the team for at least another year unless they really break through, and Smith's not even good enough to take a regular shift at D
I see staal being bought out, but you could just ride it out.

Coming into this season how would you have described fox, DeAngelo, hajek, and Lindgren?

4 of the 7 defenseman who play(Ed) regularly for us.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I see staal being bought out, but you could just ride it out.

Coming into this season how would you have described fox, DeAngelo, hajek, and Lindgren?

4 of the 7 defenseman who play(Ed) regularly for us.

DeAngelo as a Top 4 defenseman
Fox as a promising prospect
Hajek & Lindgren as prospects.

Now?
DeAngelo as a Top 4 Defenseman
Fox as a Top 6 Defenseman (arguably Top 4)
Hajek & Lindgren as 6-7 defenseman on our team, 7/AHL on better teams

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
DeAngelo as a Top 4 defenseman
Fox as a promising prospect
Hajek & Lindgren as prospects.

Now?
DeAngelo as a Top 4 Defenseman
Fox as a Top 6 Defenseman (arguably Top 4)
Hajek & Lindgren as 6-7 defenseman on our team, 7/AHL on better teams

I think the hope would be that by the end of this season and with another off-season of training, Lindgren (who I see as a solid 6 anywhere right now) and Hajek (who again I see as a solid 6 anywhere right now), can maybe push to that #5 slot each. And with the depth on the right side, these young LD's really can just concentrate on moving the puck effectively and playing defense. Rykov, to me, was the best of the bunch heading into this season and he's just getting back into game shape.

Count me in for seeing if there are any takers for Skjei

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I think Skjei is moved in conjunction with a trade for a potential top-pairing LD.
Sure move Skjei for a Poehling type young F
But maybe, don't bring back a new top LD for a year or 2,
trial-by-fire the guys we have for a while,
at off -season '21 the Shatty, Staal, Hank, Smith cap-hits all expire,
the kids are mostly adapted and the new contention Era begins,
i'd rather the imported top LD guy be ~26 then, rather than a guy who's 26-28 now

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Listening to the Pack game at the moment

Pack off to a tough start with Bridgeport dominating the first part of the period including getting a PP. Shesterkin making the saves needed it seems

e: Pack get a power play now

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pack score, Belesky just after the PP ends

e: from Di Giuseppe and Rykov

Then Raddysh scores 51 seconds later, unassisted

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Seems like Shesterkin has had to make several good saves against shorthanded Bridgeport

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
3-0 Pack, PP goal by Belesky after redirecting a Rykov shot and then getting his own rebound.

Hearing a lot of Rykov, seems like he's getting a lot of minutes and doing well.

Not as much from Kravtsov but not for any "bad" reason that I can tell from just listening

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Bridgeport scores near the end of the period. Audio cut out but sounded like a bit of a broken play

3-1 Pack after 1

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Bridgeport scores near the end of the period. Audio cut out but sounded like a bit of a broken play

3-1 Pack after 1

Pack players were already in intermission at 19:30 of the first... too bad a period is 20:00... but good for the game, keeps the Pack on their toes... 3 goal leads are dangerouuuus hahahahahaha

Rykov with 2A already, guy making things happening

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pack players were already in intermission at 19:30 of the first... too bad a period is 20:00... but good for the game, keeps the Pack on their toes... 3 goal leads are dangerouuuus hahahahahaha

Rykov with 2A already, guy making things happening

yeah sounds like he's being leaned on as the teams top Dman and is producing...really interested to see him called up in the future.

e: Kravtsov down and hurt...holding his arm a bit and now up and goes to the bench for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->