Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He def has gone up a couple inches the past few years. He’s probably 6’1 but I’d guess every guy listed at 6’2 is probably 6’1. Georgiev is listed at 6’1 he’s probably 6 ft.

so that’s fine.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
And by the way Kravtsov is totally bought in on it. I’ve been incredibly impressed wirh his two way game. When he’s not scoring he’s doing everything he’s supposed to do on the defensive side of the puck. Very responsible. This is one of those games. They just are playing it very systematically. No one taking any big chances here. Every puck deep either carried deep (mostly) or softly dumped into corners
This is good news. I feel if he keeps this up, we should see him called up after the trade deadline.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
no I meant melt the clock. Keep things quiet clock keeps ticking away not necessarily add that goal that puts a team away. Just manage to keep things very quiet no big surges. Don’t give any opportunities to give the opposition momentum Just melt the clock

Got it. Ice the game , melt the clock is the same thing. I wasn’t sure about melt the game. ;)

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Couple of decent saves by Shesterkin. Rykov looks smooth and confident most of the time I think. Noticed Kravtsov's effort on the back check and things like that, he hasn't had a chacne to play the puck much yet

Pack on a PP now though

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Gropp setup for a good chance but kinda had to chop at the puck and didn't get it on net

Then Rykov misses a puck at the blueline and gets beat in a footrace by Carey who scores short handed. Had time to go across the goal crease forehand to backhand and got the shot over Shesterkin's pad. Shesterkin mighhhhht want that one back

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Carey just made Rykov look like he was skating in quicksand, and scored a shortie.

Yeah Rykov almost looked surprised at that whole sequence. Didn't keep positioning to slow down Carey, didn't get a good jump on trying to get back for the puck, seemed surprise to see Carey on his tail

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Gettinger scores, 1-1 now

Letteri set him up all alone in the slot just a moment before but instead of catching and shooting he tried to basically shovel tip it towards the net and missed badly with the goalie flailing on the ice, then he got the puck back and beat the Providence goalie with another shot

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Nice pass int he neutral zone by Kravtsov to spring Di Guiseppe through the neutral zone when he had two Bruins closing on him

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Couple of chances for the Pack and then the Bruins get a bit of a rush down the ice, Keane plays it well and keeps his man to the outside for a soft shot, Kravtsov was all the way back and bodying his man away from Shesterkin in case there was any rebound

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rykov takes a holding penalty...

Things not quite going well for him this game to some extent

he doesn't look like a real fast skater but he looks smooth...I think people have commented that he swivels his hips real well and that helps his mobility a ton

e: Shesterkin clears a loose puck all by himself like it's nbd

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
1-1 after 1

Pack look like a pretty well structured team that supports each other pretty well. Don't look like a majorily talented overall team but well coached team.

Kravtsov looks like he's putting in work all over the ice and doing what the coaches would expect of him, but I feel like he seems a bit more unsure of himself when it comes to being able to get the puck and make plays. Not a ton of puck carrying, more get it and move it. Kind of like Kakko...seems to be adjusting to some of that. He will definitely benefit from putting on some weight eventually

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Rykov had a bad period. He never looked very comfortable on the point during the PP either.

Kravtsov is putting in the effort to be defensively responsible. Was noticeable in a good way most of the period.

Shesty is stupid calm when he has to play the puck.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Gropp just doesn't do much for me...had a chance to create and move some stuff if he could just hold onto the puck along the boards for another second but basically just immediately lost it

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Shesterkin comes all the way out to the top of the circles to play a puck or the Bruins would have had another short handed breakweay. He moved it up the ice and got taken down by the Bruins player
Kravtsov then setup a teammate for a quick shot from the hashmarks that didn't go

Shesterkin again came out to the circles to move the puck to his teammates

Then came out well to take away the angle on a chance by Providence

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
action picking up...Shesterkin making a huge save on a 2 on 1 then the puck gets slid across the crease while he sprawled to take away the rebound

Kravtsov spring sDi Guiseppe across the blueline and then gets a tip on net that almost gets jammed in on the rebound by his teammate. Then Bruins take a penalty, another Pack PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad