Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Rykov has 7 pts in less than 12 games. That’s good.

I am close to 40. Recon it will be another 40 years until we have an opening at LD (vets handed a spot because they make a ton of millions per year don’t count, those spots aren’t “open”).

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think he's been fine and like his speed and toughness. Not much offense so he might be the odd man out in a trade either this summer or after expansion depending on Rykov and the next crop.
I was referring to you saying he was going down to the NHL...not the ahl... Implying he plays in a higher league than the NHL

It sounded funny in my head.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I suspect a lot of these guys have been told, either directly or indirectly, to hold on and see what happens after the TDL/heading into training camp next year.

Personally, I think by the time next season opens, it's likely Staal is bought out, Skjei is traded, Georgiev is traded, and some combination of Kreider/Buch/Strome/Fast are traded. There'll be spots for all of these guys (Rykov, Shestyerkin, Kravtsov) so long as they play well enough to seize them.
I agree in principle but I don’t think it will be that drastic a turnover. Seems to me management is quite sensitive to the locker room chemistry. They keep mentioning the importance of keeping everyone upbeat and confident.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the hope would be that by the end of this season and with another off-season of training, Lindgren (who I see as a solid 6 anywhere right now) and Hajek (who again I see as a solid 6 anywhere right now), can maybe push to that #5 slot each. And with the depth on the right side, these young LD's really can just concentrate on moving the puck effectively and playing defense. Rykov, to me, was the best of the bunch heading into this season and he's just getting back into game shape.

Count me in for seeing if there are any takers for Skjei
I think this would be a move that management avoids for fear of delaying the locker room. Right or wrong, that’s the sense I get from management.
I’d think that after seeing Hajek come back strong and Rykov showing good things in the NHL - assuming those things happen - then they’d be more open to trading Skjei.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
from today's AHL transactions wire
the Dillan Fox era didn't last long ...

2020-01-02 Ryan Dmowski (LW) Hartford ADD Recalled from loan to Maine (ECHL)
2020-01-02 Dillan Fox . . . . . .(C) Hartford DEL Released from PTO

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ok first period here we go Kravtsov again on top line wirh Oregan and DiG

couple early stops by Shesterkin gloves the last one slows things down.

soundtigers pp here. Big shot and Shesterkin another big glove save again shuts it down no rebound.

Rykov blocks a Ladd shot and clears.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Zero set up time for the Pack here on the powerplay. About 12 mins to go. Rykov is getting PP2 time he really does a nice job walking the line and turning his hips. Sends it to DiG on the right wall. Shot hits a body then

Beleskey throws one off the goalie to the side of the net after the DiG shot and it goes in on like a 2nd attempt. 1-0. DiG and Beleskey get the assists.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wow then about a minute later Raddysh winds up in the neutral zone throws the puck to the right wall past the Dmen he goes and gets it and beats coreau short side 2-0 Pack. Right around the half way point of the period. Unassisted

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov steals a puck down low tries to go to the net and dish off to DiG that just misses connecting. Quiet otherwise thus far.

Another big full reach glove save by Shesterkin Sound tigers broke in short handed. Then kubyak breaks in from the circles in one on one wirh Shesterkin and another save off the shoulder. Another great short handed chance. he shuts it down and sure enough pack get set up Rykov with a big blast from the point and rebound popped in by beleskey 3-0 late here.

bouncing puck in the slot bumbled by the Pack and Koivula just bats it in the net from 7 feet directly out in front of the net 3-1. Unassisted with 16 secs left. Dumb one on the Pack that’s about the only way you can even beat Shesterkin Feels like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad