Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If you read their PGT most of their complaints are goalie related
And they should be. I brought it up a week ago on the main forum stating that they don't get any points from their backup and they are gonna most likely run Andersen into the ground before the playoffs. Which by the way if they don't finish top 3 in their division will be tough to make it this year. They pretty much poopooed my opinion at that time.

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Think George gets moved? Rykov I could see taking over for Staal. Can't imagine Hank is retiring mid-year.
Hank like Staal isn't going anywhere. It's just easier (if Quinn uses some smarts) to find a way to get Rykov/Hajek time and sit Staal in street clothes. I don't see any other way...JG is gonna have to be creative and find a fair return for Georgie

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hank like Staal isn't going anywhere. It's just easier (if Quinn uses some smarts) to find a way to get Rykov/Hajek time and sit Staal in street clothes. I don't see any other way...JG is gonna have to be creative and find a fair return for Georgie
Even though everyone in the world probably sees it coming, moving George before Igor gets games in will take some real courage. Puts JG in a real bind if Shestyorkin can't translate it, and puts Igor under tremendous pressure to be at least as good as Georgie pretty quickly.

Reactions: leetch99

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Jeff Gorton is very shrewd. He will make a few nice moves down the line. Most good teams are short on cap space so they will be late ones. Marc Staal will most likely be bought out. We will not risk upsetting Shesty, the threesome idea is not optimal either. The math is all there,

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Watched a good chunk of the game tonight. Kravtsov is playing with pace and effort. And more importantly, he had several other chances to get on the score sheet. Though watching him play in the A is like watching Panarin on a line with McKegg and Howden. Still very encouraging. He still needs to get used to the NA style and I'm a little concerned that some of the plays he can make at this level may not work in the NHL. But regardless, he's definitely making a bigger impact, certainly more than Lias did. Due to being a winger, he's not taking over games in the same way as Chytil. But he's doing quite well. Will be relied on with Fogarty up. They really gave his line a lot of time in the 3rd when the game was 4-1. They even stopped rolling 4 lines (which is unusual for HFD this season).

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Georgiev + Strome to a team for near NHL ready prospect and first, ala Raanta/Stepan for 1st and DeAngelo makes sense to me.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
And they should be. I brought it up a week ago on the main forum stating that they don't get any points from their backup and they are gonna most likely run Andersen into the ground before the playoffs. Which by the way if they don't finish top 3 in their division will be tough to make it this year. They pretty much poopooed my opinion at that time.
I find their board to be actually fairly pleasant but also not very realistic.

Reactions: bl02

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Dont forget the Seattle expansion draft and that Henrik can't be exposed (as far as I know)... makes the goalie game even more interessting.

I think Shesty bought in to playing in the AHL full-time this year with a few starts in the NHL perhaps... kid comes across smart and mature from accounts, interviews, etc.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Dont forget the Seattle expansion draft and that Henrik can't be exposed (as far as I know)... makes the goalie game even more interessting..

Re Seattle neither Georgiev (protect) nor Shesty (ELC) would be at risk, unless Hank resigns/extends with a no-move clause,
Hank's deal ends spring '21 when expansion happens,
NYR will just need to add a G to expose, who is signed or RFA at draft time,

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Jeff Gorton is very shrewd. He will make a few nice moves down the line. Most good teams are short on cap space so they will be late ones. Marc Staal will most likely be bought out. We will not risk upsetting Shesty, the threesome idea is not optimal either. The math is all there,
They could run with 3 goalies for 60% of next season and then move Hank out if he will waive to a contender...he would be affordable at that point for teams needing a goalie for playoff run . Might even fetch us a decent return if we pick up half salary . I'm sure at that point the Canes will be looking hard for a savior . They could have him for little over a Million . He would also be fairly fresh if he was in a 3 way for 2 3rds of season in NY.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Re Seattle neither Georgiev (protect) nor Shesty (ELC) would be at risk, unless Hank resigns/extends with a no-move clause,
Hank's deal ends spring '21 when expansion happens,
NYR will just need to add a G to expose, who is signed or RFA at draft time,

Cwede. You know ur sh.. wow :) thx for clarifying bro.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
These two top teams battling it out again

First period

early first period DiG scores in the slot off a nifty centering pass on the rush by Nieves Rykov started the breakout

good pace here Shesterkin sharp early as usual. Kravtsov with a good chance early as well. 1-0 ten mins in.

I like Gropp these pst few games since he’s returned. He’s been moved up with Newell (injures) and Fogarty not here.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sorry for delay wife was beckoning

Gettinger rips one from the high slot wow kind of surprising makes it 2-0 late first period.

geertson for some reason drops the gloves big time tilt. Stupid time to do it though.

wow Shesterkin save off the glove slides back to his blocker side makes another save on the rebound. Man does he move around so so well

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2nd period

Shesterkin looking cool and calm I mean this kid is the kind of goalie you just love to play in front of (I was not like this by the way I was like hank lol)

but just such a calming influence especially for a young team will be really good. If he’s not a stud goalie at the nhl level I’ll be shocked.

Nick Jones is really finding himself. I’ve like him since the first I saw him in prospects camp but he’s gaining confidence solid steal on the pk here gets a good chance driving to the net.

Kravtsov’s back checking every night since coming back has been ferocious. The last two or three games even more so. He is just flying up and down the rink. Conditioning is not a problem for this kid it was work ethic or to be blunt he was just pouting for a month. he’s got no problem going to the net and battling either.

Gettinger sends Kravtsov in on a breakaway from the left wall and he tries to go 5 hole as we’ve seen him do so often in the KHL goalie read it all the way think he did his homework as he played it really well.

but on the same shift Kravtsov comes back intercepts the puck in neutral zone Hartford gets it back in Rykov sets up Kravtsov and man what a laser that was not easy to do from where he was. Love that finish on the one timer.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
As I’m praising shesterkin and it’s all warranted that goal against I don’t love. It’s a clean look wirh time from the top of the right circle a snap shot but he sees it. There’s traffic around him but it looks like he gets a good look just beats him high glove. Think that one even surprised him. Only blemish on the night for him. 3-1 mid second

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
As I’m praising shesterkin and it’s all warranted that goal against I don’t love. It’s a clean look wirh time from the top of the right circle a snap shot but he sees it. There’s traffic around him but it looks like he gets a good look just beats him high glove. Think that one even surprised him. Only blemish on the night for him. 3-1 mid second

He is truly Lundqvists’ heir... One muffin must be allowed in

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov set up on the right wall on the PP (you know where Kakko should be)

great feed from Lettieri and Kravtsov one times it down on one knee gets it up and I think some how legace got a piece of it with the glove and it ticks over the net. I don’t know how he stopped it. Pure desperation

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Now beleskey on the backhand gets it by makes it 4-1 with 6 mins to go. Nice effort there. Beats him short side. Nice set up from Nieves who’s played well today.
He is truly Lundqvists’ heir... One muffin must be allowed in

well in fairness it wasn’t a muffin. It was a rip with plenty of time to walk in and pick a spot without back pressure just considering how well he’s played I think he probably wants that one. He probably stops it 9 out of 10 times.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Now beleskey on the backhand gets it by makes it 4-1 with 6 mins to go. Nice effort there. Beats him short side. Nice set up from Nieves who’s played well today.

well in fairness it wasn’t a muffin. It was a rip with plenty of time to walk in and pick a spot without back pressure just considering how well he’s played I think he probably wants that one. He probably stops it 9 out of 10 times.

I was mostly joking about Lundqvist habitually letting in at least one goal we know he hates.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov got dinged by the benches hard to see what happened but think he’s ok.

another shift where he comes back into the neutral zone to back check take a puck and regain possession for his club.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Early third period Kravtsov break in down the slot fakes a shot slides it to Oregan for what should have been an empty net and it slides off his stick. It looks like he looked up before receiving the pass. Think of a running back getting thrown to behind the scrimmage line looking down field before catching the ball and it looks like a bad drop. That should have been an easy lay up just looks like he took his eye off the puck. Kravtsov honestly should have ripped it but it’s a goal if ORegan bears down on it.

this kid is doing everything

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Very little happening here in the first half of this third period.

as I say that Kravtsov steals the puck in the offensive zone behind everyone take it to the net and looks like he was slashed right on the hands which sends his shot wide. Should have been a penalty.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wolf Pack have done a good job keeping this third period quiet and melting the clock. Under 5 mins to go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad