Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That's good because I think coming into the night he averaged less than a shot per game or something similarly concerning.

not since he’s come back since he’s come back he’s been generating chances and shots for sure. Haven’t watched last nights game yet but when I do I’ll post some thoughts.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
not since he’s come back since he’s come back he’s been generating chances and shots for sure. Haven’t watched last nights game yet but when I do I’ll post some thoughts.
5 SOG in 3 games since coming back and 7 in 8 prior to last night.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Watching last nights game now

some new looks

Jones elevated playing with Gettinger and Lettieri.

Nieves with Fogarty and Beleskey. This will change obviously with Fogarty called up.

that made the top line DiG ORegan Kravtsov. That will stick

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov about 10 mins in winds it up in the neutral zone and pulls that move between the legs he loves that Chytil did recently centers it and just missed in front by DiG. Man was that smooth.

he’s busting it every shift thus far

pack have been all over the Sound tigers here big time forecheck

Reactions: egelband and ohbaby

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov with a big blocked shot gets back to the bench and his teammates with a few pats on the head. He’s been all in since he’s returned. I gotta say again it’s night and day difference.

I wonder though does he pout again when he finds out Fogarty called up and he wasn’t. I hope not and we’ll find out tonight but this kid playing like this is a hell of a two way player

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov making more happen winding around the zone gets it back to the point for a shot and gets the rebound with a guy draped over him and is stopped.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Kravtsov with a big blocked shot gets back to the bench and his teammates with a few pats on the head. He’s been all in since he’s returned. I gotta say again it’s night and day difference.

I wonder though does he pout again when he finds out Fogarty called up and he wasn’t. I hope not and we’ll find out tonight but this kid playing like this is a hell of a two way player
Once he starts scoring, he should get some serious consideration in being called up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov is doing a lot of things that you saw from Chytil down here. He’s coming all the way down into the zone on this last play cleans up a loose puck in his zone comes thru the neutral zone with speed drops it off to DiG for another big time chance.

this period has been all wolf pack. Crazy they lost this game the way they did 0-0 is probably why. Not capitalizing on these chances did them in. Totally dominated period 1 led by Kravtsov

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Pack down 2-0 after 2 to Bridgeport. Shots are 18-14 Hartford. Huska in net.

Andrew Ladd scored for Bridgeport. Andrew Ladd is in the AHL?

I was a Ladd fan earlier in his career and had hoped the Rangers could draft him way back when. That contract is brutal though. Three more years AFTER this season. 5.5 million cap hit with 4 million real salary for those years. Modified NTC in the last 3 years - can submit a list of 15 teams he can't be dealt to.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Kravtsov is doing a lot of things that you saw from Chytil down here. He’s coming all the way down into the zone on this last play cleans up a loose puck in his zone comes thru the neutral zone with speed drops it off to DiG for another big time chance.

this period has been all wolf pack. Crazy they lost this game the way they did 0-0 is probably why. Not capitalizing on these chances did them in. Totally dominated period 1 led by Kravtsov

Great to hear he seems to have gotten his head on straight. It's amazing what a fresh start and fresh attitude can do. If he works hard he'll most likely see some NHL time this year, and hopefully be a regular next year then his whole episode will be a tiny footnote on a hopefully successful career.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
5 mins into period 2 Huska robs Ho Sang on a breakaway then puck comes back to the point for a shot and he makes a clean glove save. Looks confident here.

Kravtsov comes down the left wing rips a shot that just catches the glove of the goalie sits in the crease for a second then swept away Sound tigers come back the other way 3 on 2 pass from left to right on the crease for a tap in is knocked away by a diving back check by Kravtsov. I mean the guy is doing everything but scoring here. Still 0-0 but opening up here.

Reactions: Hankenstein

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wow loverde got blind sided behind the net and Raddysh came in and beat the holy hell out of Bobby Carpenters son Bobo. Zero hesitation. Looks like Raddysh gets the misconduct and the instigator. 1230 to go. This has been almost all Pack I wonder if this is where the wheels come off.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Bridgeport does get one and the teddy bear toss is on. Been pretty uneventful since. 5 mins to go. Again it’s only 1-0 and Huska has been solid. That instigator pp goal sure enough did cost them. But again they must have an epic meltdown to lose this game 5-1.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Well there’s the killer. Hartford completely dominated the last 5 mins of the period and wirh 22 secs to go koivula sends a pass across the crease to Ladd for a tap in goal to make it 2-0. Period over.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2-1 after a Nieves short handed goal.

but Ladd gets another tap in goal to make it 3-1. Huska no chance on this one either

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ok wheels are off point shot beats huska that’s a bad one 4-1.

this never has felt like a bad game.

actually looks like Hutton tipped it tough one.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
McCallum assigned by Maine to Florida Everglades. Maine had 3 goalies with one of the goalies being assigned from Laval in the AHL.

Very random thought: it seems to me that Huska isnt getting many starts... would it be a good idea to put ECHLer Tom McCollum behind Shesterkin for mop-up duty and the occasional game and let Huska get a heavy ECHL workload with Maine?... somehow I feel Huska has stalled a bit and could use more games/reps without it affecting Igor. My 2 cents.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I think the issue is whether it is better for Elmer's development to play top line minutes in Maine or 4th line minutes in Hartford. One thing I don't like about Hartford is that the team has loaded up the top two lines with AHL vets, which might be good for the team but not so good for development of younger players.
Good for Fox, not so good for Dmowski, Chase or Elmer. And for Ronning, if I want to see someone turn invisible, I go and youtube "David Copperfield" instead. Curious to see Fox and how he does in the A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad