Hart 2015 Finalists

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Has it ever happened (probably has) that the top3 nominees wont end up as top3 in the voting?

What do you mean? There literally is no chance for that to happen, since the three "nominees" are the three highest vote getters. Being one of the "nominated" players means that the votes have been counted and the three guys finishing highest are announced as the "nominees". It baffles me that people don't get it.

TheRealDeal88

Dec 10, 2013
What do you mean? There literally is no chance for that to happen, since the three "nominees" are the three highest vote getters. Being one of the "nominated" players means that the votes have been counted and the three guys finishing highest are announced as the "nominees". It baffles me that people don't get it.
Ye, though can understand confusion after all their announcements are highly misleading. But they want to give false impression like this from marketing perspective, just marketing 101.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Ye, though can understand confusion after all their announcements are highly misleading. But they want to give false impression like this from marketing perspective, just marketing 101.

Yeah. I guess it's fairly simple to make the mistake. I just thought it has been brought up at this forum so often that everyone knows it. It's kind of dumb to say they are "nominations", since they just simply are the top three among voted.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
When even so called Caps fans put down Backstrom to hype their almighty Ovechkin then BACKSTROM REALLY IS UNDERRATED!!!

Why don't you quote the post where anyone put down Nick Backstrom?

Nick is great.

Alexander Ovechkin has lead the team in points and goals for 10 straight years.

Noldo

May 28, 2007
Storylines matter with all voted awards (see every Adams vote in history as well as Gretzky's Hart in LA for reference), but it is especially true with Hart.

The storyline of Price dragging his offensively inept team to the top of the conference while playing at record setting level is far stronger than story of AO of this season winning Richard decisively but without being that much of standout overall, especially concidering that offensive numbers were relatively poor across the board.

My guess is Price winning with clear margin, but far from being unanimous choice.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Does anybody really think Price isn't going to win this? These guys would be my top 3 also. The voters did a good job.

Moops

Jan 22, 2015
Today UI learned that John Tavares nabbed 3rd place in Hart voting. Congratulations!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
When even so called Caps fans put down Backstrom to hype their almighty Ovechkin then BACKSTROM REALLY IS UNDERRATED!!!

Bäckström is my favourite player as you can tell by my username, but come on.
Bäckström is an elite talent, Ovechkin is a generational player.
If both were to retire today, one of the two is immediately inducted in the HHOF and it ain't Bäckström.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovechkin has been a finalist for the Hart 4 times in his career, not including this one.
He won 3 out of 4 times when he was a finalist.

He has a good shot at winning the Hart since Price is a goalie and Tavares isn't better than him.

I think that Price is the most deserving though.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Media loves voting ovechkin but 3 players out scored ovechkin this year. He didn't come close to dominating forwards as price dominated goalies.

Davebo*

Has it ever happened (probably has) that the top3 nominees wont end up as top3 in the voting?

They are, in this instance, not nominees, but finalists. Meaning they are the top three in voting, and one is the winner.

I expect the nominees list is much longer than 3 players.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Media loves voting ovechkin but 3 players out scored ovechkin this year. He didn't come close to dominating forwards as price dominated goalies.

Your Ovechkin hatred on display again. Yes, 3 players had more points than he did. A whopping 6 whole points at the most. He had 10 more goals than the 2nd place finisher. Do you really believe 6 points of any type are more impressive than 10 goals?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ovechkin has been a finalist for the Hart 4 times in his career, not including this one.
He won 3 out of 4 times when he was a finalist.

He has a good shot at winning the Hart since Price is a goalie and Tavares isn't better than him.

I think that Price is the most deserving though.

That's not the point of the Hart, you're mistaking it for the Lindsay.

Price is going to win, but Tavares has one hell of an argument to come in 2nd over Ovechkin.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That's not the point of the Hart, you're mistaking it for the Lindsay.

Price is going to win, but Tavares has one hell of an argument to come in 2nd over Ovechkin.

Yeah, I get confused between the Hart and the Lindsay sometimes. Hart is MVP, Lindsay is most outstanding.

In this case, Tavares could come 2nd for the Hart and 3rd for Lindsay. Ovechkin has a good shot at the Lindsay.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah, I get confused between the Hart and the Lindsay sometimes. Hart is MVP, Lindsay is most outstanding.

In this case, Tavares could come 2nd for the Hart and 3rd for Lindsay. Ovechkin has a good shot at the Lindsay.

I can agree with your assessment. If it weren't for Price, the Tavares-Ovechkin debate for the Hart would be quite exciting as the playoff series was.

Good luck against the Rangers, I would say most Isles fans are now on your bandwagon! Please destroy them, unleash Wilson on their d-men. Watch out for Kreider injuring Holtby though.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Your Ovechkin hatred on display again. Yes, 3 players had more points than he did. A whopping 6 whole points at the most. He had 10 more goals than the 2nd place finisher. Do you really believe 6 points of any type are more impressive than 10 goals?

Scoring goals in today's league is huge. I'd rate Price>Ovechkin>Tavares

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad