GDT: Happy Tavares Day! - Sabres @ Leafs - 7:00PM - HNIC - CBC/SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Wonder who gets targeted today without any Leaf retaliation? Hope it's not Anderson going down while the rest of the Leafs on the ice stand around thinking about tomorrow's shopping spree instead of what happened.

Reactions: Rogue

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Petan-Nylander-Brown or Petan - Marleau - Nylander ... in any case Nylander will be carrying the puck.
Ennis-Gauthier-Moore

Why not just change up 1 line?
IMO the 4th. line doesn't need a change.
Add an offensive player to the 3rd. line.
Leave Ennis on his natural side.
Petan was a PPG player in the AHL at 22, give him an opportunity to be his best on an offensive line.
If Brown went down would they not have to kill penalties?

Leafs can kill penalties with the following forward units:

Hyman-Goat

Kapanen-Marner

Marleau-Tavares

Brown is not some elite PKer where when he is on ice opposition never scores goals.

I do agree with Petan/Moore shuould be on the line with Nylander; we have offensive depth and we are not even using it and it is frustrating

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
All your favorite, below average players from before, like Kapanen, Johnsson and Kadri, all became studs or above their value because of Babcocks teaching. Trust the process and let Team CANADA's elite coach run the team.

Hell, this fan base "needed a #1 soo0o0o0o bad" on D before this yr, meanwhile we had Rielly the whole time. But yet, this talented group of analysts on the HFBoards couldnt see that. shocking.

Reactions: Lauro

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I guess both Holl and Igor are incapable of playing left d? Only reason I can think I of why Marincin is still in.

rielly zaitsev
muzzin oz
hainsey holl

could have been done if babcock really wanted to.....

instead

rielly hainsey
muzzin zaitsev
marincin oz

is what he is going with.

when everyone is healthy the pairings should be

rielly gardiner
muzzin dermott
hainsey zaitsev

but ofcourse it wouldnt be as we all know; those pairings happen when leafs are chasing the game

so babcock runs his stupid pairings; leafs go down a goal or two and then he runs the pairings i have suggested; why not start with those pairings and score goals first ffs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
All your favorite, below average players from before, like Kapanen, Johnsson and Kadri, all became studs or above their value because of Babcocks teaching. Trust the process and let Team CANADA's elite coach run the team.

Hell, this fan base "needed a #1 soo0o0o0o bad" on D before this yr, meanwhile we had Rielly the whole time. But yet, this talented group of analysts on the HFBoards couldnt see that. shocking.

Every team have young players who get better.
Every team have defenders playing on the 1st. pairing.

The trouble is team fans have vested interests which aren't always broad enough to understand how good all team are, and overrate and underrate their own.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Ugh, I hate this post. Way too many bad takes to unpack to even bother going over it piece by piece.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Getting upset about line combos and calling Babs names seems like a stupid idea and a waste of energy. You really think changing our 4th line LW and our 6th D is going to alter the outcome of the game?
Exactly. :thumbu:
Marleau, Ennis, Brown in or out of the lineup aren't going to make that much of difference, at least not enough for the tears that seem to be generated by it

Reactions: egd27

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006

This makes no sense? Are we the only team in the league that our youth get better cause of coaching? Seems like the whole league does it, except oilers.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Really want a good bounce back performance tonight. Having home ice is still very much in our reach

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

LOL

they underachieved because babcock refused to play them more and more prominent roles; they as good as before. hell every young player in every NHL team gets better without babcock

this is seriously hilarious :laugh:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Getting upset about line combos and calling Babs names seems like a stupid idea and a waste of energy. You really think changing our 4th line LW and our 6th D is going to alter the outcome of the game?

It’s about playing the best lineup and rewarding guys who deserve it
Ennis has played a lot better than Brown
And guaranteed Moore will come out of the lineup before Brown

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

right since that lindholm trade the 4th line hasn't done anything. After the TDL when leafs played sabres the 4th line wasn't the reason the outcome of the game was decided; you are so right....

2v1om3.jpg

:rolleyes:

Reactions: dsred and MSZ

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I truly wish I could be at this game tonight.

I would cheer and chant for John Tavares the entire game, even if I lose my voice for the rest of my life.

Islander fans are poop for treating a player that gave his all for their team for 10 years. Too bad he didn't Lindros them!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
yes. It's weird to pretend the time the 4th line or 3rd defensive pairing plays doesn't count. Our 4th line won the game against Buffalo for us last time, and Ennis had the game winning goal

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
ACC has to be the worst rink to play in. Hyman after the isle game says "It's fun to play in a game like that instead of a game that's quiet". I bet all the players hate playing at home. It's a morgue.

And let's not forget even with our team playing how their playing it's been said play off tickets gonna start at 6-700 each going up to 1k$ if we win a round or two

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

This is one heck of a story and for anyone having lost a parent at an early age, it may bring a tear to your eye.
It happened last time we played the Habs, at Scotia Bank Arena on Feb 23rd.

Carey Price is such a legend, total class act and one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) ambassadors the NHL has seen in its history. You can find numerous examples of him being a great human being like none other, he represents not only Montreal and BC (his home province) but all of Canada very well.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I bet Petan has a real good game tonight. Were going to have some great winger depth come playoff time

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
ACC has to be the worst rink to play in. Hyman after the isle game says "It's fun to play in a game like that instead of a game that's quiet". I bet all the players hate playing at home. It's a morgue.

Lower the f***ing prices then, so super rich business twats can't continually occupy the lower bowl

Reactions: Lilou and Lauro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad