GDT: Happy Tavares Day! - Sabres @ Leafs - 7:00PM - HNIC - CBC/SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

Nice to see Petan in for his debut.

I thought Holl was better than Marincin and would balance us hand-wise, but whatever

This is why Babcock is a joke. Ennis has been all over the ice competing since his return and probably has shown one of the highest compete levels on the team.

Scratch the useless sub Brown instead.

Reactions: Al14

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
What’s super confusing to me is how Brown isn’t even recognizable as the rookie who scored 20 goals. Just what the hell happened to him?

Plays fairly well when he has room(notice on that 2 on 1 with Mitch as an example) but is terrible when he has to make plays in a tight area(very awkward with the puck, bounces always going against him, etc).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think that Babcock needs to be let go in the summer. Our team could be so much better. He is not a good fit for this group. Sorry. If we want get to that next level, he has to go. We need a young, innovative coach who will use our players properly

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14 and dsred

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
brown needs pressbox to think about his game and not get entitled; ennis showed to play - i don't get why players that show up to play are rewarded by babcock by healthy scratch and players who dont put in the effort get preferential treatment
Brown must have a better gudpro/60.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end they need to step up for this game. Can't do anything about the last one now and we just need to keep gathering points.

With the coaching....not much to be done there either. If the team wins it's fine if they don't then things will get interesting over the summer. We have spent a year watching this roster battle between Dubas and Babcock who don't appear to have the same vision for what they want this team to look like. But that doesn't matter much for this game. Players just have to do their part.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Ennis has been playing well, but losing his 10 mins a night isn't a huge deal and Petan gets a chance to make an impression.

Brown PK's and plays a different role. Clearly Brown and Marleau are with Nylander to support that line defensively, as Babs likely doesn't entirely trust Nylander defensive as a centre yet. But at least he's got Willy playing down the middle, unlike last year, so that's a start.

Really not worth getting upset about.

Hate seeing Marincin in, he's awful, but the Leafs don't really have another option on the left side at this point. Holl isn't that good.

Wish there were more sensible posts like this.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
If this game was in Ottawa the fans probably would...at scotiabank, probably crickets unfortunatly

ACC has to be the worst rink to play in. Hyman after the isle game says "It's fun to play in a game like that instead of a game that's quiet". I bet all the players hate playing at home. It's a morgue.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So team plays without much hustle or heart and he scratches one of the few guys hustling and playing with heart?
Does anyone really have to wonder if there could be ongoing players mutiny?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I think that Babcock needs to be let go in the summer. Our team could be so much better. He is not a good fit for this group. Sorry. If we want get to that next level, he has to go. We need a young, innovative coach who will use our players properly the way I want.

Reactions: ACC1224

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Petan may play well tonight, but sitting Ennis after his line's play the last few games seems harsh.

Also, no way in heck should Marincin be back in the lineup. Ridiculous :facepalm:

Reactions: dsred

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
ACC has to be the worst rink to play in. Hyman after the isle game says "It's fun to play in a game like that instead of a game that's quiet". I bet all the players hate playing at home. It's a morgue.
Have you ever been to another rink?
I watched Montreal/NJ, Montreal/Edmonton back to back a few weeks ago, quite morgue like.
ACC isn't unique for this.

Reactions: Lilou and egd27

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
this blurb reads like:

they traded lindholm who i used on pk without consulting me and got this guy who scouts think is better lets see.............

Yea if you read between the lines then it definitely sounds like it wasn’t babs decision to put him in, nor take Ennis out.

Also doesn’t sound like he wanted to trade lindholm.

“Our pro scouts so something they liked”.... “just putting him in”

Doesn’t sound like he has a lot of faith in what he’s seen of petan.

But I don’t know the tone of the convo.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yup. should have been

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Nylander-Moore
Petan-Gauthier-Ennis

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Petan-Nylander-Brown or Petan - Marleau - Nylander ... in any case Nylander will be carrying the puck.
Ennis-Gauthier-Moore

Why not just change up 1 line?
IMO the 4th. line doesn't need a change.
Add an offensive player to the 3rd. line.
Leave Ennis on his natural side.
Petan was a PPG player in the AHL at 22, give him an opportunity to be his best on an offensive line.
If Brown went down would they not have to kill penalties?

Reactions: dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad