GDT: Happy Tavares Day! - Sabres @ Leafs - 7:00PM - HNIC - CBC/SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
I feel like Babs wants to put "responsible" guys with Willy when he's at centre, but I don't think it's giving him much of a chance to create offensively.
Totally agree. But if it helps Nylander's game long term I am fine with him being on a defensive line for awhile. Although of course I want to see him produce offensively.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
It’s getting the point where I can’t wait to get swept by Boston

Babcock is the biggest f***ing moron of all time

He has to go

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Browns free ride continues
Marincin in again after the absolute disgrace hockey he has provided for years now.
Ennis our who has been one of our best players and the line has been great

Honestly f*** you babcock moron

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Dont get Babcock taking out Ennis but we have to see what Petan can do and replacing a 4th liner with a 4th liner shouldnt change much

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Not wishing for failure but when it happens I won’t be mad if Babcock is gone

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't understand why you would take out a player from the 4th line
Ennis along with Hyman were the only player showed any balls

Our 4th line was good I thought. They have been good

Take out Brown for God's sake. What has he done to stay up in the line up
Ennis has more goals than Brown playing less games

brown needs pressbox to think about his game and not get entitled; ennis showed to play - i don't get why players that show up to play are rewarded by babcock by healthy scratch and players who dont put in the effort get preferential treatment

Reactions: Al14 and dsred

Beanzy

Nov 14, 2018
Not a fan of swapping out Ennis for Petan. Ennis is just getting back into the groove and looking like his pre-injury self. Not that it would ever happen, but, someone like Brown, Marleau or Gauthier should be sitting to slot Petan in for a showcase.

For a small guy, Ennis has been one of our more physical and determined forwards. A little annoyed by this move.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Ennis has been playing well, but losing his 10 mins a night isn't a huge deal and Petan gets a chance to make an impression.

Brown PK's and plays a different role. Clearly Brown and Marleau are with Nylander to support that line defensively, as Babs likely doesn't entirely trust Nylander defensive as a centre yet. But at least he's got Willy playing down the middle, unlike last year, so that's a start.

Really not worth getting upset about.

Hate seeing Marincin in, he's awful, but the Leafs don't really have another option on the left side at this point. Holl isn't that good.

at home where he can dictate the match up; there is absolutely no reason to put two offensive plugs with nylander - whats the point of having offensive depth when you are not going to use it - especially at home with last change?

last year when matthews went down babcock ran at home

marleau-kadri-komarov (checking)
hyman-nylander-marner (they scored)
jvr-bozak-brown

then away games he had

komarov-kadri-marner
hyman-marleau-nylander
jvr-bozak-brown

it is absolute stupidity flanking nylander with offensive plugs and not exploiting our offensive depth especially at home with the last change and us being 3 pts behind boston with equal games played.

Should be

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Nylander-Moore
Petan-Gauthier-Ennis

babcock is just frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad