GDT: Happy Tavares Day! - Sabres @ Leafs - 7:00PM - HNIC - CBC/SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Nice to see Petan in for his debut.

I thought Holl was better than Marincin and would balance us hand-wise, but whatever

I don't understand why you would take out a player from the 4th line
Ennis along with Hyman were the only player showed any balls

Our 4th line was good I thought. They have been good

Take out Brown for God's sake. What has he done to stay up in the line up
Ennis has more goals than Brown playing less games

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Petan has a chance to be a home run for us. He has had a rough start with a death in his family along with struggling to get into the Pegs lineup. This is a highly skilled young player who we got for a song.

He was a star against the best of the best in the World Jr championship and played at a point per game in the AHL. He would be a great option at center as well as on his strong side wing.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

This is one heck of a story and for anyone having lost a parent at an early age, it may bring a tear to your eye.
It happened last time we played the Habs, at Scotia Bank Arena on Feb 23rd.

Yep - I really feel for that kid. Gut wrenching to lose a parent at that age. Really nice to see him meet Price and share a moment that he'll remember forever. Someone is cutting onions in here

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I do not understand scratching Holl and Ennis.

Oz hasn’t shown me he’s better than Holl with much bigger sample size. Holl was competing and one of our more physical d in that atrocious game in New York and Ennis was one of the few forwards giving a crap last game.

Babcock is becoming frustrating with how he is utilizing some of our players.

..... and Josh Leivo says hello.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ennis has been playing well, but losing his 10 mins a night isn't a huge deal and Petan gets a chance to make an impression.

Brown PK's and plays a different role. Clearly Brown and Marleau are with Nylander to support that line defensively, as Babs likely doesn't entirely trust Nylander defensive as a centre yet. But at least he's got Willy playing down the middle, unlike last year, so that's a start.

Really not worth getting upset about.

Hate seeing Marincin in, he's awful, but the Leafs don't really have another option on the left side at this point. Holl isn't that good.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Does anyone here like the Marleau-Nylander-Brown line? Cannot wait for Kadri to get back.

I feel like Babs wants to put "responsible" guys with Willy when he's at centre, but I don't think it's giving him much of a chance to create offensively.

Having said that getting Marleau away from Matthews is more important imo, so it could be worse.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Clearly Brown and Marleau are with Nylander to support that line defensively, as Babs likely doesn't entirely trust Nylander defensive as a centre yet.
Probably yes.

Any idea how many goals against Nylander has been in on since he started playing C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad