OT - NO POLITICS HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It never snows where I live, although while it's currently mid-summer we've had quite a lot of rain recently. The local waterfalls were looking pretty good on the weekend:

IMG_20201108_105859055_HDR.jpg IMG_20210201_120053258_HDR.jpg IMG_20210130_113647523.jpg IMG_20201122_114526178.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Dustin Diamond, 'Screech' on 'Saved by the Bell,' Dead at 44

This all really escalated quickly from a month ago him announcing that he was going to the hospital with fears for his health to being diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago to dying suddenly.

He was a strange guy with a strange life, but the amount of time I spent watching Saved by the Bell re-runs every afternoon in middle school makes me feel like this is a big loss.
Stories like this are so scary.

Blurs the line between "I'm a hypochondriac who tends to Google every pain" and "I have a serious issue that will kill me in three weeks"

He was five years younger than me.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
My GF's mother fell 3 weeks ago and broke her left collar bone and right humerus right near the shoulder. She's 86 and my GF is staying with her, which is difficult.

Her no-account brother lives about 10 miles away and refuses to come and help shovel out is 86 year old injured mother.

Well, he can go screw, I'll gladly drive 45 miles to go shovel her out.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Older I get the more I hate snow. I sit directly where it says 18 inches.
Plus Ive been in bed 4 days now with bad back. My sons are going to have to go out there every few hours I guess.
Cape Cod/Plymouth area is looking better and better to me.
50 miles away but over 12 plus inches difference. Dusting and rain.

hope you’re feeling better, Wally.

we got about 8” overnight, then it slowed down, now gangbusters again.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My GF's mother fell 3 weeks ago and broke her left collar bone and right humerus right near the shoulder. She's 86 and my GF is staying with her, which is difficult.

Her no-account brother lives about 10 miles away and refuses to come and help shovel out is 86 year old injured mother.

Good for you :)

Reactions: rfournier103

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

hate things like this. Dad passed away and it was mum living in the family home alone after his passing. I helped arrange some cleaning companies to come in simply because her mobility made it difficult to look after what was once simple cleaning.

I then mentioned to mum I`d be happy to arrange for a company that provides help doing groceries, taking clients to appointments etc....she said it wasn`t necessary as my sisters partner did all that for her for only $30. I was livid finding out my mother was being charged by her own family to ensure she had food and made all appointments. Not lying here, I went online the next morning and had a flight late the next afternoon to Ottawa, rented a car, showed up on my sisters door because she refused to answer any of my calls or emails and I unloaded on both her and her loser partner.

even worse, mum`s condition worsened to the point where my sister was left with mum`s bank card and access to pay her bills online. After mum passed, I asked the lawyer to request bank statements from the 4-5 months my sister had this access and when he found out what she was using my mother`s card to do, he deducted almost 10 grand from my sisters inheritance and mentioned to her that if she`d like to dispute this to be careful, he could have deducted 20 grand easily. My sis and I haven`t spoken in years, just can`t forgive her for this behavior

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin - Really???

"What's on the other side Mummy?"
"They're called... petrified voice Queenslanders!"

Ha ha. There's a couple of things at work here. The state border closures during the pandemic have been quite contentious, and the Australian Lamb Council is known for making grand, over the top ads promoting the buying and eating of lamb. Put the two together and this is the end result. It's a little much but still quite funny.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
CEO sent out a letter today pimping our organizations “opening day” for two new covid immunization sites. I found out about it last Wednesday, workflows and data flows were still unknown, my boss suggested i code for it as if our team would be to responsible for building everything from scratch. So i did. Late Friday the workflow had major issues but ahhhh, TD Charlie has already coded for every scenario =]

I did have to make some changes half way through day 1, but it went well considering requirements, timeline, and criticality.

I don’t mean to toot my own horn but beep freakin beep. It didn’t really dawn on me until the lady friend gave me a hug and said she was proud of me, and that over 60 people took a Covid shot Monday afternoon because of a big effort I was a big part of.

i don’t always suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad