OT - NO POLITICS HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sonofabitch

upload_2021-1-31_19-42-20.jpeg

Reactions: eightspokedb

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
is it ignorant or disrespectful that I played a par 3 course up the street from my place yesterday? If so, would it make you feel better knowing I hit the ball like I`d never picked a club up before?

Older I get the more I hate snow. I sit directly where it says 18 inches.
Plus Ive been in bed 4 days now with bad back. My sons are going to have to go out there every few hours I guess.
Cape Cod/Plymouth area is looking better and better to me.
50 miles away but over 12 plus inches difference. Dusting and rain.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Plus Ive been in bed 4 days now with bad back. My sons are going to have to go out there every few hours I guess.
I am glad I live out here where there may be a couple of days of snow a year. After being here almost thirty years, I couldn’t return to a place with snow.

Reactions: rfournier103

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
which would u take, though:

a blizzard or arctic cold for 2 weeks....and then a blizzard

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Director and comedian Mike Nichols arrived in the U.S. as a child refugee from Nazi Germany, and he went on to become a Tony- and Oscar-winning master of both stage and screen, with such classics as "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?," "The Graduate," and "Silkwood." Correspondent Mo Rocca talks with biographer Mark Harris and actress Candice Bergen about Nichols, the outsider who became a Hollywood and Broadway A-Lister, mining real life for comedic and dramatic gold.

Nichols was 'discovered' when he and partner Elaine May did commercials for a Rhode Island beer company

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Five years ago yesterday, this is the closest I've ever been to the Stanley Cup. All star weekend in Nashville.

FB_IMG_1612193310931.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1612193310931.jpg
    FB_IMG_1612193310931.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We got snow last night, but only enough to have to bother with cleaning off the windshield
20210201_081842.jpg

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

while I enjoy snow, the shoveling and silly cold weather that often comes with it had long passed it`s course with us. If it snows here (Van Island) it`s still mild and gone in days more often than not

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am leaving work in MA soon to drive home to NH.

I am ok with a blizzard once in awhile.

I had unplugged my Christmas out door lights but it was really cold so I hadn't taken them down yet.

I am going to plug them back on because they look so pretty in the snow.
absolutely loving how so many homes, apartment/condo patios (ours included) has left the lights up and shining bright

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A look inside the life of TD Charlie

So my father has a physical handicap. Walks with two canes. Drives lefty. We co-own a two family home, I live 2nd floor he's on the 1st. My youngest brother, who doesn't speak to anyone in the family and is kind of a jerk (although things have been somewhat ok lately) also lives downstairs, has never worked, argues with everyone, has never contributed to the house in any way at all in the 4 years I've owned it.

My weekends are typically spent with my children, who live an hour away. I don't have a whole lotta free time to complete tasks. Heck, my license expired almost 2 weeks ago and I have no idea when or how I'll get in to renew it.

Pops needs a new car. He wants a Grand Marquis. I find him countless examples with low miles for roughly $2k-2500. He even offers similar money on others that he came across. Ultimately, he buys one for $500 because he knew the guy selling it. It has twice the miles of all the options I gave him. It also needs a bumper, grill, headlights and turn signal assemblies, and paint. His reasoning is that I will replace all the damaged/missing parts for him, and a friend of his will paint it. Even getting this done with favors and cheap parts, he's still gonna be into it for over a grand. So essentially he's relying on me and his chop shop owner friend to spruce up the car, and in the end will save maybe 600 bucks, but the car will have twice the miles and God only knows when this will be completed.

It would be a PERFECT time for my youngest brother to step up and offer to do this work. It would benefit all 3 of us I think. I just know it won't happen. Once the weather warms up I'm sure I will have to put my body mechanic hat on and get to work, with a smile. There's a reason I am clearly the favorite of 3 sons, but I'm still a little more than mildly annoyed by this whole ordeal.

That is all. Thanks for coming to my TED talk and stay safe out there today

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
A look inside the life of TD Charlie

So my father has a physical handicap. Walks with two canes. Drives lefty. We co-own a two family home, I live 2nd floor he's on the 1st. My youngest brother, who doesn't speak to anyone in the family and is kind of a jerk (although things have been somewhat ok lately) also lives downstairs, has never worked, argues with everyone, has never contributed to the house in any way at all in the 4 years I've owned it.

My weekends are typically spent with my children, who live an hour away. I don't have a whole lotta free time to complete tasks. Heck, my license expired almost 2 weeks ago and I have no idea when or how I'll get in to renew it.

Pops needs a new car. He wants a Grand Marquis. I find him countless examples with low miles for roughly $2k-2500. He even offers similar money on others that he came across. Ultimately, he buys one for $500 because he knew the guy selling it. It has twice the miles of all the options I gave him. It also needs a bumper, grill, headlights and turn signal assemblies, and paint. His reasoning is that I will replace all the damaged/missing parts for him, and a friend of his will paint it. Even getting this done with favors and cheap parts, he's still gonna be into it for over a grand. So essentially he's relying on me and his chop shop owner friend to spruce up the car, and in the end will save maybe 600 bucks, but the car will have twice the miles and God only knows when this will be completed.

It would be a PERFECT time for my youngest brother to step up and offer to do this work. It would benefit all 3 of us I think. I just know it won't happen. Once the weather warms up I'm sure I will have to put my body mechanic hat on and get to work, with a smile. There's a reason I am clearly the favorite of 3 sons, but I'm still a little more than mildly annoyed by this whole ordeal.

That is all. Thanks for coming to my TED talk and stay safe out there today

Sucks for sure, unfortunately an enabled deadbeat will never change

Reactions: TD Charlie

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Dustin Diamond, 'Screech' on 'Saved by the Bell,' Dead at 44

This all really escalated quickly from a month ago him announcing that he was going to the hospital with fears for his health to being diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago to dying suddenly.

He was a strange guy with a strange life, but the amount of time I spent watching Saved by the Bell re-runs every afternoon in middle school makes me feel like this is a big loss.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Dustin Diamond, 'Screech' on 'Saved by the Bell,' Dead at 44

This all really escalated quickly from a month ago him announcing that he was going to the hospital with fears for his health to being diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago to dying suddenly.

He was a strange guy with a strange life, but the amount of time I spent watching Saved by the Bell re-runs every afternoon in middle school makes me feel like this is a big loss.
Same here.

Kind of stunned to be honest

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
snow coming down hard now. Im bailing from work soon.
hope the power stays on for the game tonight. snow gonna be coming full speed from 7-1am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad