OT - NO POLITICS HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That makes it difficult to pull the barrel away from the house when it's go-time though.
I'll have to look at how my mom rigs hers the next time I'm over and send you a picture. I will say the back porch/mudroom bumps out from the main house.

Reactions: TD Charlie

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Handle out, that way you don't have to turn the barrel around before pulling it to the curb.

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight as I have a dumpster.
We do handle in, opening it up to put trash in it is done far more often than dragging out to curb. Then again, here in Portland they don't allow garbage pick up more than biweekly.

Reactions: TD Charlie and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My license expired and I'm trying to get a Real ID. I would say this qualifies as "part of a driver's license/ID renewal" right? So why the heck will this trash ass MASSrmv website not let me start the real id application and make an appointment? About to cut someone.

Because it is (name your state here) RMV/DMV. I have never heard anyone praise their RMV/DMV. Ever.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My license expired and I'm trying to get a Real ID. I would say this qualifies as "part of a driver's license/ID renewal" right? So why the heck will this trash ass MASSrmv website not let me start the real id application and make an appointment? About to cut someone.
It is the MA RMV. They have made inefficiency an artform.

If you can, call a AAA branch to see if you can go there and complete the application process there.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Just find a Triple AAA office near you and go in there. Much easier. For the real id though, you need like 14 different pieces of info that prove who you are, a gallon of blood, and a human sacrifice. It's really f***ing annoying. I went in planning on doing that, and ended up just getting a regular license renewed because you can always add the real id part later. Your name has to be exactly the same on all your shit too, which was my issue. My license said jr but my home loans just had my name with no suffix.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just find a Triple AAA office near you and go in there. Much easier. For the real id though, you need like 14 different pieces of info that prove who you are, a gallon of blood, and a human sacrifice. It's really f***ing annoying. I went in planning on doing that, and ended up just getting a regular license renewed because you can always add the real id part later. Your name has to be exactly the same on all your shit too, which was my issue. My license said jr but my home loans just had my name with no suffix.
I'm not in MA, but I just bring my passport when I need to fly domestically and keep the plain CA driver's license. Not worth the effort.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Well ****. I think I will also be running into the JR issue then. My birth cert and ss card have JR, but nothing else throughout my entire 36 years on this earth has ever included JR.

I'm not a AAA member

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm not in MA, but I just bring my passport when I need to fly domestically and keep the plain CA driver's license. Not worth the effort.

I literally went and was told I didn't have the right things, so I left and got them, only to be told I still didn't have everything needed. So I left and got what was missing and returned the next day. Where they told me I still didn't have the right forms of proof, so I said f*** this shit and renewed my license. It was insane. The last time was when they hit me with the names not matching exactly.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well ****. I think I will also be running into the JR issue then. My birth cert and ss card have JR, but nothing else throughout my entire 36 years on this earth has ever included JR.

I'm not a AAA member

I don't believe that matters. Never mind. I guess you do. lol

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I literally went and was told I didn't have the right things, so I left and got them, only to be told I still didn't have everything needed. So I left and got what was missing and returned the next day. Where they told me I still didn't have the right forms of proof, so I said f*** this shit and renewed my license. It was insane. The last time was when they hit me with the names not matching exactly.

So I guess between this whole JR ordeal, and my home address sometimes including a unit # in it, and my father also having the same address...I am never ****ing getting an ID.

God bless America

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And now that I take a closer look at my 36 year old social security card, unlaminated for all these years, one of the digits has rubbed off entirely and theres a rip in it that is roughly 3mm from tearing the paper in half. Unreal.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And my birth certificate is a photo copy of a book held by the Mass DPH, but theres an original red ink stamp on it so hopefully that will suffice. I am growing increasingly annoyed with this whole process to say the least.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I'm not a AAA member
Obviously not a Jr but I have the same issue with my social security card. I have always spelled out my full name when signing any legal documents like my car and apartment lease but my social security card only has my middle initial.

I've thought about having it changed but there is too much red tape to even bother.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Obviously not a Jr but I have the same issue with my social security card. I have always spelled out my full name when signing any legal documents like my car and apartment lease but my social security card only has my middle initial.

I've thought about having it changed but there is too much red tape to even bother.

Yeah this is gonna be a fun process. I'm just gonna do whatever I can to update everything possible to include the suffix and the full address...and pray for the best lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yeah this is gonna be a fun process. I'm just gonna do whatever I can to update everything possible to include the suffix and the full address...and pray for the best lol
Fingers crossed.

Be prepared, with covid these agencies are slow as hell.

Reactions: TD Charlie

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Wow, I guess I had it easy. I was doing a change of address and upgrade to Real ID. I'd heard that they can be sticklers about forms of ID needed, so I had my Birth Certificate, Passport, mortgage bill, phone bill, cable bill, everything I could find. After the first three she said "All set, you can put that other stuff away.'

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wow, I guess I had it easy. I was doing a change of address and upgrade to Real ID. I'd heard that they can be sticklers about forms of ID needed, so I had my Birth Certificate, Passport, mortgage bill, phone bill, cable bill, everything I could find. After the first three she said "All set, you can put that other stuff away.'
Did they take print copies of your bills? I really don't want to turn off paperless billing just to update my drivers license.

I also really need to send in my passport renewal. Too bad you cant pay online and submit the receipt with all the paperwork. I hate sending money through the mail

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Did they take print copies of your bills? I really don't want to turn off paperless billing just to update my drivers license.

I also really need to send in my passport renewal. Too bad you cant pay online and submit the receipt with all the paperwork. I hate sending money through the mail

Not sure, mine were from my new accounts so I hadn't turned on paperless. I got one month of paper bills just for the license change.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not sure, mine were from my new accounts so I hadn't turned on paperless. I got one month of paper bills just for the license change.
Wonderful lol.

The amount of documentation needed for a flimsy piece of plastic is an identity thief's dream come true

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Birth Cert, check
Passport, expired
Mortgage, paperless
Phone bill, paperless
Cable bill, paperless
Utilities, paperless
SS card, damaged
W-2, doesn't include JR
Auto insurance policy, doesn't include JR
Paystubs, don't include JR

So I put in for a replacement SS card, which should take 2 weeks. It's amazing because even on paperless billing, Comcast/National Grid/Hanover Life etc are CONSTANTLY sending me bills and statements. Suddenly I hit a dry spell.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Help me settle a debate please

Large city supplied trash barrels. Wheels and a lid. The hinge is on the same side as the handle, which has a single axle on the bottom to move it around. Big honkin barrels.

When you bring the barrels back in, if you had to place them against the side of a porch/house, do you push them in so the wheels/handle/hinge face out, or do you pull them in so the wheels/handle/hinge are against the house?

I have VERY strong feelings on this but won't provide just yet

Also, I know the "correct" answer is, "Whichever way SHE wants the barrels put back." That's not what I'm looking for here

For me it’s wheels in every time. We line up 4 of these barrels in a row and there is a shed at on end of the row. If I put them away with the wheels out I can’t access 3 of the barrels.

As for rolling them to the curb, our barrels have a 10” bar molded across the front and a large plastic lip for the automatic dumping arm. A simple lift on either and the barrel rolls out away from the wall, incredibly simple.

I toss trash or recycling into these barrels anywhere from 5 to 10 times a week, I roll them to the curb once. Why would I make life more difficult all week long to make a relatively simple task a little easier?

Also, when I get to the curb I turn the barrels around so the handles are facing the workers who are picking them up...it’s just common curtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad