Hampus Lindholm is good (more accurate thread title)

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Loses sight of the puck between his legs from time to time. For whatever reason.

Seconded. Sometimes rushes a bit to get the puck out, but I honestly don't know if some of that is because of his D partner. He's been the team's resident babysitter. Could probably stand to be a bit more physical at times, but that's more of what I'd prefer to see than a weakness.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Moving back to a more general Lindholm discussion, it's nice to see him getting some recognition as he definitely deserves it. Like I said previously I just wish he would work on his shot and overall game in the offensive zone. It could be the difference between him being great and elite.

Any other Ducks fans want to chime in on his deficiencies?

Not a Ducks fan, but I get to watch him often. He bobbles the pucks and loses it quite a bit (Costed them a SH goal vs. us). Solid every where else.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seconded. Sometimes rushes a bit to get the puck out, but I honestly don't know if some of that is because of his D partner. He's been the team's resident babysitter. Could probably stand to be a bit more physical at times, but that's more of what I'd prefer to see than a weakness.

Incredible that in the span of 5 years this organization has been giving 20 year olds in fowler (Paul mara) and Lindholm (revolving door) babysitter duties.

Although if that blue line was fully healthy fowler would be back with lovejoy instead of Manson and Lindholm would have Beauchemin again.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't get to watch him enough, but isn't Hedman pretty good in terms of positioning?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maatta is better positionally.

I mean i can honestly say there is not 1 part of me that would take maataa over lindholm.

Lindholm will be over looked a lot because he plays in anahiem, hes not super flashy and he plays with a new partner every night, for a 20 year old to never get a chance to be comfortable with a partner(outside of his time with beauchmin) and still manage to have the +/- numbers he has, is pretty damn impressive. Im not to worried about who people want to compare him with from other teams because im perfectly happy with lindholm and see a very bright future for him.

Aela*

Until lindholm improves his zone clears, Maatta will be ahead of him there. Maatta also has a better shot. And Imo maatta is better at stripping the puck from people. Otherwise it's either close or in Lindholm's favor. They're very close overall right now.

Oct 18, 2011
He rendered Taylor Hall useless last night, that's for sure.
Also, tired of my fellow duck fans trying to be unbiased, Lindholm is the best dman from the 12' class so far. He's the best defensemen on the team this year and it's not close

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
THISx1000

Getting very annoying. And 99% of the time its the Islanders, Ducks, or any of the Canadian teams. Stop overrating your players, please....

I think you've described yourself quite perfectly in your username. Go back through and count how many times it was pointed out that the OP is not a Ducks fan. Read the whole thread before posting.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not a Ducks fan, but I get to watch him often. He bobbles the pucks and loses it quite a bit (Costed them a SH goal vs. us). Solid every where else.

I mean even when he does bobble the puck he usually is pretty good positionally, or good enough to clean up his mistake. He never really gives up on a play/out of a play due to his hockey smarts.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland

he has been way more physical this year than he was last year.

that said, i would like to see a bit more of a mean streak in his game. wouldn't mind more shots either.

both he and fowler could join the rush more, but i think that may have more to do with the defensive partners than instinct. especially in fowler's case.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
he has been way more physical this year than he was last year.

that said, i would like to see a bit more of a mean streak in his game. wouldn't mind more shots either.

both he and fowler could join the rush more, but i think that may have more to do with the defensive partners than instinct. especially in fowler's case.

Why vatanan rushes enough for the whole team and then some.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Nope. I really like Maatta but this just isn't true.

Very, very wrong. Maatta's best attributes are his positioning and anticipation. He reads how the play will develop like very few players in the league, allowing him to get to the correct spot before his opponent, which compensates for his average physical abilities. There are certainly things Lindholm does better than Maatta though and I have both as the top two Dmen from the 2012 draft.

Scarbarian*

The guy is just 20 year and playing like a #1 d-man on the best team in the league. He has surpassed likes of Beauchemin and Fowler within just a season.

If this guy was playing for a team like Winnipeg Jets, nobody would even remember who Trouba is, let alone be even considered in the same breath as Hampus.

Man, I am so jealous of Anahiem, they have a stud in their hands who can anchor their d-core for next 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The guy is just 20 year and playing like a #1 d-man on the best team in the league. He has surpassed likes of Beauchemin and Fowler within just a season.

If this guy was playing for a team like Winnipeg Jets, nobody would even remember who Trouba is, let alone be even considered in the same breath as Hampus.

Man, I am so jealous of Anahiem, they have a stud in their hands who can anchor their d-core for next 15 years.

Try harder.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
As a neutral fan, Trouba > Lindholm. Lindholm is probably better positionally, but Trouba's tools are off the charts. Trouba is the best D-man from the 2012 class IMO.

Scarbarian*

As a neutral fan, Trouba > Lindholm. Lindholm is probably better positionally, but Trouba's tools are off the charts. Trouba is the best D-man from the 2012 class IMO.

Nope, Lindholm is easily the best d-man drafted in 2012 and AINEC. He is the modern day Larry Robinson.

Then it falls down to:

Murray

Maataa

Trouba or Rielly

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I'm not sure how Trouba has better tools. :dunno:

Lindholm is the better skater, and I think he has a higher hockey IQ. Trouba might be better at some things, but a blanket statement like that seems pretty misleading.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

And this just isn't true. Fowler at his best is still better. And we really don't need this type of hyperbole. Trouba is an excellent young defenseman. To me, they are 1 and 2 from the draft, and I think they are fairly interchangeable. It comes down to style preference.

Scarbarian*

And this just isn't true. Fowler at his best is still better. And we really don't need this type of hyperbole. Trouba is an excellent young defenseman. To me, they are 1 and 2 from the draft, and I think they are fairly interchangeable. It comes down to style preference.

come on bro, donèt forget about injured Ryan Murray, had a heck of a season last year, if he was active, he would comfortably be ahead of Trouba.

and I guess we agree to disagree but I truly feel Maataa has proven mroe so than Trouba already and shows no sign of slowing down.

Trouba does have potential to be the 2nd best d-man but at this point in time, itès not even close.

very overrated player, same with Morgan Rielly. two major disappointments so far after all the hype

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad