Hampus Lindholm is good (more accurate thread title)

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
come on bro, donèt forget about injured Ryan Murray, had a heck of a season last year, if he was active, he would comfortably be ahead of Trouba.

and I guess we agree to disagree but I truly feel Maataa has proven mroe so than Trouba already and shows no sign of slowing down.

Trouba does have potential to be the 2nd best d-man but at this point in time, itès not even close.

very overrated player, same with Morgan Rielly. two major disappointments so far after all the hype

Feels more like you're anti-Trouba than pro-Lindholm. There is no justification for calling Trouba a disappointment. Or Rielly, for that matter.

We're pretty excited about Lindholm, but don't you think you're carrying it a bit far? Larry Robinson? Really?

Scarbarian*

Please...stop...

y u do dis

Seriously. We don't even play you guys again until March. You trying to jinx Hampe?

wat I do. I am just giving credit where credit is due.

I am tired of people constantly praising likes of Trouba and Rielly and completely disregarding player of Hampusès quality.

Its a shame, really. Players playing in a lower market are never allowed to get their due.

Scarbarian*

Feels more like you're anti-Trouba than pro-Lindholm. There is no justification for calling Trouba a disappointment. Or Rielly, for that matter.

We're pretty excited about Lindholm, but don't you think you're carrying it a bit far? Larry Robinson? Really?

style wise, he is comparable to Robinson.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
wat I do. I am just giving credit where credit is due.

I am tired of people constantly praising likes of Trouba and Rielly and completely disregarding player of Hampusès quality.

Its a shame, really. Players playing in a lower market are never allowed to get their due.

Lindholm gets plenty of respect, so what are you talking about? he might not be as talked about but when you make stupid threads like "best ___ in the league" when it's obviously not true all you do is bring negative attention to your player, good idea.

Scarbarian*

whats even more sad is the fact that there are some here who dont even who he is.

I really hope he wins a Norris soon so that everyone realizes just how good he really is.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Not if his play continues to progress like how its been since he entered the league.

I meant because you're comparing him to Larry Robinson and ******** on other teams players that are arguably better than him (Trouba). I don't want our players to get this kind of random, unjustified attention. And when I say unjustified I mean you're overhyping the **** out of him. Larry Robinson, Trouba is **** all of a sudden in your eyes compared to him, and he's the best positional defenseman in the game. Like wtf is this...

Scarbarian*

I meant because you're comparing him to Larry Robinson and ******** on other teams players that are arguably better than him (Trouba). I don't want our players to get this kind of random, unjustified attention. And when I say unjustified I mean you're overhyping the **** out of him. Larry Robinson, Trouba is **** all of a sudden in your eyes compared to him, and he's the best positional defenseman in the game. Like wtf is this...

I have watched at least 10 Ducks games this year and watch plenty of teams like Coyotes, Kings, Blues, Ducks, Leafs, aside from Bruins because I have Game centre.

After a good chuck of evaluation, I have to conclusion, Hampus is very easily the most under-appreciated star, yes I said star because thats exactly how he looks like everytime i watch him play.

and frankly, i dont see what is so wrong about singing his praise.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I have watched at least 10 Ducks games this year and watch plenty of teams like Coyotes, Kings, Blues, Ducks, Leafs, aside from Bruins because I have Game centre.

After a good chuck of evaluation, I have to conclusion, Hampus is very easily the most under-appreciated star, yes I said star because thats exactly how he looks like everytime i watch him play.

and frankly, i dont see what is so wrong about singing his praise.

It just seems like you're going a little overboard, and setting him up for criticism if/when he doesn't meet your description. Comparing him to an all time great is, uh, let's go with ambitious.

That being said, since that 2012 draft, all he's done is impress the fans here. We quickly went from "who?" to "holy crap!" And clearly Boudreau has a lot of trust in him, too, because he's been the guy he trusts to babysit AHL defensemen. Him and Fowler both. Anaheim's top 3 defensemen are basically some variation of Lindholm, Fowler, and Beauchemin. Beauchemin is injured right now, but Boudreau seems very comfortable relying on either of them as his go-to guy on any given night. The two of them, and Vatanen's breakout season, has gone a lot way in keeping Anaheim from completely floundering with the injuries they have. (On the forward front, Beleskey and Silfverberg have been terrific, and have really come up big, and have helped take the burden a bit off of Getzlaf and Kesler)

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Well, I've watched nearly every game Hampus has played in thus far in his career and am dumbfounded. He has the potential to be a top-10 defenseman in the NHL if everything goes well, so does Trouba, Maatta, Murray etc. . At this point in the season he has been (arguably, I guess) our number 1, which is more like a really awesome #2 D, while Fowler isn't playing how he can. And Beauchemin being injured now of course. Hampus is super impressive, obviously. He's a 20 year old with what, 7 different partners this year? Babysitting the likes of Mat Clark for a portion.

That being said, you aren't grasping what you're actually saying, I don't think. We should talk a lot more about Lindholm because he deserves to be recognized as a 20 year old with massive potential and playing his ass off for the Ducks so far. Not as a prodigy. Because he isn't a prodigy. He makes mistakes, although less than our other guys. He does have areas where he lacks like every other 20 year old player in the NHL. He is NOT the best positional defenseman in the game. Not because he isn't good positionally, but because that's reaching for the stars. I guess that last part sums it up. You're kind of reaching for the stars here, but what you should be doing instead is having an actual real conversation about you appreciation for the kid's talent. Not a thread that you're using as a platform to make people dislike him with annoying, dumb comparisons and incorrect statements about how good he has been playing. #Norriswatch2017

And I forgot to quote you. Oh well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah OP is going crazy here...

Very, very wrong. Maatta's best attributes are his positioning and anticipation. He reads how the play will develop like very few players in the league, allowing him to get to the correct spot before his opponent, which compensates for his average physical abilities. There are certainly things Lindholm does better than Maatta though and I have both as the top two Dmen from the 2012 draft.

And do you watch Lindholm any? Because I could literally describe Lindholm in the exact same way. Other than the lack of physical abilities. Lindholm packed on a lot of muscle over the summer and is now much harder to knock off the puck.

I didn't say that Maatta's positional game is weak. It's well above what you see in players his age. Look around any time I mention Maatta, he's one of the best young D-men in the game. Along with guys like, again, Lindholm, Ekblad, Jones, Trouba, Rielly. Those ilk. He's absolutely among that group, but I've seen a fair share of Maatta last season and this one, and Lindholm is just a bit better at positioning.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Lindholm is also a much better skater than Maatta. He is terrific at closing the gap, and is, in my opinion, the second best skater on the team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lindholm is also a much better skater than Maatta. He is terrific at closing the gap, and is, in my opinion, the second best skater on the team.

Is Fowler considered the best? I remember that was his greatest attribute in jr's.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Is Fowler considered the best? I remember that was his greatest attribute in jr's.

Yeah. Fowler is a ridiculous skater. I think if more people saw him he'd be considered amongst the tops in the league. Lindholm isn't at that level, but he is a terrific skater in his own right, and with no real weakness. Boudreau described it as "Fowler-esque" during his first training camp, and I think he was referring to his balance, edge work, and just all-around ability. He really uses it well, too.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Maatta is better positionally.

Maatta gets into position as fast as one can walking through quicksand. You can't be good with positioning if your skating and acceleration is poor. That's probably the biggest negative about Maatta's play, and the thing that will bring him down

Lindholm is much faster, stronger and thinks the game at a higher level. Maatta is good right now, but Lindholm is better and he will only increase that gap between them. If his development stays on track, he will be competing for the Norris within a few years. His potential is that high, but of course he has to work for it and continue to improve like he is now

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maatta gets into position as fast as one can walking through quicksand. You can't be good with positioning if your skating and acceleration is poor. That's probably the biggest negative about Maatta's play, and the thing that will bring him down

Lindholm is much faster, stronger and thinks the game at a higher level. Maatta is good right now, but Lindholm is better and he will only increase that gap between them. If his development stays on track, he will be competing for the Norris within a few years. His potential is that high, but of course he has to work for it and continue to improve like he is now

Can't hurt having Scotty Niedermayer guiding you through your development

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
2012 is an insane year for D, probably will be the best draft class for defenseman for awhile.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
2012 is an insane year for D, probably will be the best draft class for defenseman for awhile.

Rielly
Murray
Lindholm
Reinhart
Pouliot
Maatta
Trouba
Rielly
Ceci

All have potential to be great

Ad

Upcoming events