Hampus Lindholm is good (more accurate thread title)

Scarbarian*

People have to got to start taking more noticed to this guy. his positioning is out worldly. he is so calm, smooth, and smart with his positioning. rarely out of place and is already playing like the Ducks best d-man.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Many Ducks fans think he has already or will surpass Fowler as our best defenseman.
His ceiling is incredibly high, but saying he's the best in any category is probably a stretch considering he's got less than 120 NHL games under his belt.

Edit: obligatory main board homer post- IMO he will be the best defenseman from his draft class.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Please note that this was not started by a Ducks fan ( before you jump all over us).

Lindholm has progressed wonderfully the point that he may well be the Ducks top Dman, but the claim made by the OP is still pretty aggressive.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
hi-res-184774438-jacob-trouba-of-the-winnipeg-jets-keeps-an-eye-on-the_crop_exact.jpg

This guy says Hello !

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe not in the whole league. Let's not go crazy. But to me for players who strictly rely on positioning to neutralize opportunities, he's up there with the best. Even in the AHL it was apparent that his positioning and speed to cut off lanes of progression, passes, and shots were at a very high level. He does need to work on passes that exit the zone a bit. Not to say he's bad at it but in high stress situations he still makes errant passes. Though the whole team is struggling with this.

But as far as the positioning, yeah, if we're defending a lead late I'd want him and Beauchemin defending.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
hi-res-184774438-jacob-trouba-of-the-winnipeg-jets-keeps-an-eye-on-the_crop_exact.jpg

This guy says Hello !
Look I love Trouba. Probably more than Hampus but he's not quite as good positionally. He gets beat wide more often and doesn't recover as well. But when he's got the step he needs to be in position he can neutralize just as well. And he's better at clearing the zone. You can't go wrong with either. But if you strictly comparing ability to be in the right lane consistently, Lindholm is the better of the two.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Definitely a bold claim but his positioning is exquisite. He reminds me a little bit of Ryan Suter, and I think he can be as good as him too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really wish this could've been a Lindholm general thread rather than proclaiming him the best positional defenseman in the league. Which he's not.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He's not, but he's still a very impressive young defenseman. The combination of his smarts and skating ability is something to see.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
I stand corrected. He's still wrong. :-P

ITT: Ducks fans disagreeing with OP.

Anyways, my biggest gripe with Lindholm is how much he panics when trying to clear the zone, if he can utilize his size properly to give himself space he wouldn't need to make as many erratic d-zone clears. I also wish he would work on getting his shot through better, he's got a decent snapper otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad