Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Big games this weekend. Barrie beating Ottawa last night has made things much closer than I thought that they would be...

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Meanwhile, Kaliyev is a goal away from 50.. as the Bulldogs are tied 3-3 vs. an Ottawa team that has basically nothing to play for other than tuning up for a lengthy playoff run.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Unfortunately, the Bulldogs could not hold a tie game, as Ottawa scores 2 in the 3rd to win 5-3. Not helping the Bulldogs chances of avoiding these same 67s in a few weeks (barring Barrie going on a huge run).

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
It looked like Cameron Supryka may have had a head injury in addition to being cut. He left early in the game and didn't return.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Not only did the Bulldogs lose to London despite Kaliyev's 50th goal.. Barrie upset the IceDogs, and Hamilton now only is up 3 points on the Colts. The chances of Hamilton missing the playoffs are very real with 5 straight losses and not much relief in the remaining schedule, as much of their remaining games are against better teams (Sudbury x2, Kitchener, Missy, and North Bay).

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Not only did the Bulldogs lose to London despite Kaliyev's 50th goal.. Barrie upset the IceDogs, and Hamilton now only is up 3 points on the Colts. The chances of Hamilton missing the playoffs are very real with 5 straight losses and not much relief in the remaining schedule, as much of their remaining games are against better teams (Sudbury x2, Kitchener, Missy, and North Bay).
We know you're getting excited but calm down. You'll likely be dissapointed. Lol

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
We know you're getting excited but calm down. You'll likely be dissapointed. Lol

Even if they get in--they're gone in 4 games to the Ottawa 67,s, Niagara IceDogs, Oshawa Generals or Sudbury Wolves.

Nevertheless, major changes are coming to the roster and the coaching staff this offseason--likely focusing on trying to fix and develop the team's poor defense (9th most goals given up in the East, near the bottom overall) and helping Zachary Roy and future goalie Marco Constantini improve their development (expecting Donofrio to be waived or traded).

Glad to put a face to the name, hope you guys had a good time for what was a very chippy game. Have a safe trip back guys.
Nice to meet you as well Hammer. I gotta say...you've got some pretty classless fans in that building. Embarrassing really.

most classless fans I've ever witnessed....brutal in fact and I've been around a while.

We had a guy behind us chirping the Knights and anything London related the entire game...I don't mind that..it's actually comical especially when it's coming from someone of below average intelligence. ......but ....when you go out of your way after the game to walk over and confront me and my family..you're precariously bordering on taking your teeth home in your hand territory. Luckily I've calmed down a lot as I've gotten older. Not cool to go out of your way to confront me and my daughters just because I'm wearing a Knights jersey.

I'd definitely go back next season just to hit The George Hamilton again. Awesome pub. I wonder if most Hamiltonians even realize they have a historic gem mere feet from the First Ontario Centre. Opened in 1853..and still going strong. Great food...nostalgic atmosphere. A diamond in the rough

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Even if they get in--they're gone in 4 games to the Ottawa 67,s, Niagara IceDogs, Oshawa Generals or Sudbury Wolves.

Nevertheless, major changes are coming to the roster and the coaching staff this offseason--likely focusing on trying to fix and develop the team's poor defense (9th most goals given up in the East, near the bottom overall) and helping Zachary Roy and future goalie Marco Constantini improve their development (expecting Donofrio to be waived or traded).
Quite honestly, I really question what kind of hockey team you like, and if you cheer for any team. I've long had a very strong feeling that you're not a Bulldogs fan and that you just like to come here and stir up trouble.

Last year you hated that Hamilton had a winning team and thought they shouldn't go for it, and you were critical and negative the entire time of guys like Coach Gruden and Fulcher. They won. And you were still critical that there'd be a rebuild, and didn't show any excitement of the win.

This year you wanted Hamilton to sell even earlier in the season, which would decimate the roster even sooner, causing a worse record and final standing, but you're critical of the current record? Seems hypocritical.

You gloat about a connection you have to Strome because you say you work with a family member... but then you were critical towards of him for not waiving his no trade clause... meanwhile you've never been supportive of his team to begin with... but you like to gloat of your connection. It's embarrassing.

What the hell do you want in a hockey team? You don't come across as a Bulldogs fan (never have) but you continue to spew your negative and cynical crap. Meanwhile you seem to read boxscores and form opinions of how a game went without actually watching games in person or on tv/live stream.

Once anyone points out your negativity, you show some fake/weak optimism for a couple weeks about the team and then you go back to your same old dog and pony show. You're wasting your time by trolling the this board.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Quite honestly, I really question what kind of hockey team you like, and if you cheer for any team. I've long had a very strong feeling that you're not a Bulldogs fan and that you just like to come here and stir up trouble.

Last year you hated that Hamilton had a winning team and thought they shouldn't go for it, and you were critical and negative the entire time of guys like Coach Gruden and Fulcher. They won. And you were still critical that there'd be a rebuild, and didn't show any excitement of the win.

This year you wanted Hamilton to sell even earlier in the season, which would decimate the roster even sooner, causing a worse record and final standing, but you're critical of the current record? Seems hypocritical.

You gloat about a connection you have to Strome because you say you work with a family member... but then you were critical towards of him for not waiving his no trade clause... meanwhile you've never been supportive of his team to begin with... but you like to gloat of your connection. It's embarrassing.

What the hell do you want in a hockey team? You don't come across as a Bulldogs fan (never have) but you continue to spew your negative and cynical crap. Meanwhile you seem to read boxscores and form opinions of how a game went without actually watching games in person or on tv/live stream.

Once anyone points out your negativity, you show some fake/weak optimism for a couple weeks about the team and then you go back to your same old dog and pony show. You're wasting your time by trolling the this board.

He 100% isn't a Bulldogs fan and doesn't watch the games. At this point I just find him irritating.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Nice to meet you as well Hammer. I gotta say...you've got some pretty classless fans in that building. Embarrassing really.

most classless fans I've ever witnessed....brutal in fact and I've been around a while.

We had a guy behind us chirping the Knights and anything London related the entire game...I don't mind that..it's actually comical especially when it's coming from someone of below average intelligence. ......but ....when you go out of your way after the game to walk over and confront me and my family..you're precariously bordering on taking your teeth home in your hand territory. Luckily I've calmed down a lot as I've gotten older. Not cool to go out of your way to confront me and my daughters just because I'm wearing a Knights jersey.

I'd definitely go back next season just to hit The George Hamilton again. Awesome pub. I wonder if most Hamiltonians even realize they have a historic gem mere feet from the First Ontario Centre. Opened in 1853..and still going strong. Great food...nostalgic atmosphere. A diamond in the rough

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Nobody should be treated that way just because they wear another teams jersey. It just seems ridiculous to me. After browsing the Knights board and hearing about how we are all toothless and stupid I would like to point out that there were more than 5500 people there yesterday. It seems shortsighted to paint us all with the same brush because of the behaviour of 1 or 2 idiots.

I have season tickets at the center ice red line and opposing fans sit around me all of the time and I have yet to witness anything at all ((I have missed 1 game all year). The most obnoxious opposing fan that I have witnessed all year was there on Saturday, but other than being loud and standing for long periods of time he was harmless . I wouldn't label all London fans because of his behaviour. There were London fans in front of me and they yelled at him to sit down so they could see. From what I could hear those people were the only ones that even said a word to him.

If this ever happens again I would suggest to any fan that they just talk to their usher and they will get security. Problem solved. Obviously it should never come to that, but if it does it just isn't worth it to deal with it personally.

I think that I may have seen you walking in the concourse if you were wearing a signed Zac Rinaldo jersey. Zac used to babysit my niece. Very nice guy. At least off of the ice.lol

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton

Well that I am sorry to hear. That is not remotely cool, especially for junior hockey. I haven't encountered that in 125, but if you are one of the so called Bulldogs fans doing that and you are reading this post, you need to grow up. There's no reason for that kind of behaviour.

As far as the George Hamilton, that is a bit of a misnomer. The building itself has been around since that time, yes but it hasn't been run continuously since that time. I know a couple years back it was far less nice and called "Cottage Life". That said, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

We had a guy behind us chirping the Knights and anything London related the entire game...I don't mind that..it's actually comical especially when it's coming from someone of below average intelligence. ......but ....when you go out of your way after the game to walk over and confront me and my family.

No worse than the guy in London who tried to sucker punch me in the back of the head while I was walking to my car after a game wearing a Spirit jersey. All teams have thier a**holes. No need to act like thiers are any worse than your own.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
No worse than the guy in London who tried to sucker punch me in the back of the head while I was walking to my car after a game wearing a Spirit jersey. All teams have thier a**holes. No need to act like thiers are any worse than your own.

I disagree, this kind of behaviour should be condemned no matter where it happens. I have encountered this many times at CFL games (although it has mellowed out in recent years) but not at Bulldogs games. Not even when it was Montreal's farm and we played the Marlies.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
My bigger worry is less the Dogs, and more the other team's remaining schedule compared to the Dogs. Let break them down.

Mississauga has - Hamilton, Erie, Erie, Niagara, North Bay, Barrie

Peterborough has - Kingston, Barrie, North Bay, Ottawa, Ottawa, Sudbury

Hamilton has - Kitchener, Mississauga, Sudbury, North Bay, Sudbury

Barrie has - North Bay, Peterborough, Niagara, Owen Sound, Niagara, Mississauga

North Bay has - Barrie, Oshawa, Peterborough, Hamilton, Mississauga, Niagara

Realistically, Mississauga has the easiest schedule there, and they are likely to clinch soon, given they are 11 points up on Barrie. 5 of those 6 games they are likely the favourite, so we are down to 4 now.

Now that said, Peterborough is 5 points up on Barrie with Hamilton and North Bay are 3 points up on them. In my eyes, Peterborough and Hamilton have 3 games where they aren't expected to get blown out of the water, with North Bay and Barrie having 4 each.

That Barrie vs North Bay game is a big deal for the bottom three teams. If North Bay takes it, they have good odds on shutting the door on Barrie. If Barrie goes on a tear though, that North Bay/Hamilton game might decide the 8th spot. Conversely, if Peterborough excels, that bodes well for Hamilton, even if it seals the Bulldogs fate to 7 or 8. Hamilton has the hardest schedule left, except North Bay, every team is 5th place or better right now. At this stage, if you can squeeze points out of those expected blowouts, even in the form of OT losses, that might be the difference maker here. Crunch time boys, those playoff spots are well in the air.

Reactions: Helvigster
I'd call out anyone if I saw that type of behaviour regardless of the rink. It's not only the epitome of being a loser it's pretty much bottom of the barrel. I hope the guy sleeps well at night knowing he went out of his way to confront a family just because they were wearing an opposition jersey. Totally unprovoked, and total garbage.

I think that I may have seen you walking in the concourse if you were wearing a signed Zac Rinaldo jersey. Zac used to babysit my niece. Very nice guy. At least off of the ice.lol
Yep..that was me. Figured Rinaldo being from Hamilton was my obvious choice of jersey to wear

P.S. The toothless comment was tongue in cheek and referred only to the jester who confronted myself and my family

Last edited:
Reactions: Rounder8

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Digiblader is just a real glass half empty kinda person when it comes to the Dogs, you just got to learn to brush it off. It is a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, whatever one may think of it.

The best was when we were in grave danger due to lack of draft picks. I found that whole ordeal amusing. Those who know this league, know draft picks exchange hands like candy. It never looks as bad as it seems.

Reactions: Rounder8

The Mikestro

Apr 5, 2015
Hamilton, ON
For those who attend the games at First Ontario Centre, what do you think of the fan club "Golden City Brigade" formerly sat at Section 118, now Section 104?

LongtimeListener

Nov 27, 2017
but...but...but....we have Conor Ali on defence...how could we 9th in the East in GA?

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
For those who attend the games at First Ontario Centre, what do you think of the fan club "Golden City Brigade" formerly sat at Section 118, now Section 104?
Well, you don't like them, right? I've met Michael once right after we won the Cup and he was okay. Haven't talked to them since.

(if you're wondering how I know you, I'm Helvigster on Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad