Hamilton Bulldogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

Thoughts?

Predictable. It appears that the OHL is really cracking down. These playoffs were supposed to be about learning. Hopefully Mutter learned that he needs to keep his cool in that situation.

I'm very surprised that Maksimivich got 2 games for charging Roy. It was a really dumb play, but I certainly didn't think that it warranted a suspension.

It's a good trade off for Hamilton, but Ottawa has a lot more depth up front. Especially with Jenik getting hurt.

Reactions: Helvigster

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton

Thoughts?

Both wholly expected. Despite what I thought was an elbow initially, you can't chase down another player and break your stick over him. That's a borderline check initially, I won't call fault for the non-call there.

As far as running the tender, I'm fine with that call, so long as it gets applied universally. Too many times we seen that happen in the NHL without a call. I seem to recall Lundqvist and Price both getting run down with some regularity back in the day. In particular with the lack of great Canadian tenders, protecting them seems smart to me.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'm actually proud of the way the boys battled tonight. They only used 10 forwards the whole game (2 of them are 16 yr olds) and were just worn down by a deeper, more talented Ottawa team.

You could see near the end that there just wasn't anything left in the tank, but they still came close.

It would be nice to see them get a win tomorrow night, but I'm worried that the wheels could come off. I hope that I'm wrong.

Reactions: Helvigster

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
3-0 already. (And Yes I'm watching the game on SN360).

Bulldogs are just overmatched by these 67s.. and it looks like Hamilton's season will be over tonight.

Like with Matt Strome, this will be my last game posting on this page, since he'll be in Lehigh Valley next year (to be more exact, likely this weekend), giving me no reason to watch this team.

It's been a great 4 years for him--winning a championship and making the playoffs 3 times--and hopefully he will have a good career starting in the AHL next season, which I will try to see him when Lehigh Valley comes to town.

Expect tons of changes in Hamilton next year--especially the roster and the coaching staff, because I just don't feel Andlauer will be comfortable with Laise as head coach since Matsos is likely gone (health).

Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Like with Matt Strome, this will be my last game posting on this page, since he'll be in Lehigh Valley next year (to be more exact, likely this weekend), giving me no reason to watch this team.
This is quite dumbfounding considering how critical you were of him for excersizing his no-trade clause, which he had the rights to, and that he was dedicated to finishing his OHL career as a Bulldog.

Glad you finally watched a game this season. It's unfortunate that you couldn't be positive and celebrate the championship last season like the rest last season but I guess everyone has their own unique way of celebrating.

I'm sure Flyers fans will enjoy your company. Ciao.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Despite the sweep (full credit to Ottawa), this has been a successful rebuild year and there are a lot of positives to draw on.

- Staios recouped draft picks and focused more on acquiring 2020 2nds (deeper draft than 2019)
- Many rookies had noticeable development, and some others also took a big step in their their game (especially Landry)
- Jenik should return and Bertuzzi will hopefully give a boost to the offence. The low cost of acquiring Jenik and having him commit was a huge accomplishment itself.
- Considering the low price of acquiring Supryka and Vescio, both had noticeable improvements in Hamilton and will hopefully have a good season next year.
- In terms of fans, I really liked seeing more fans sporting Bulldogs merchandise. Last year's run and championship really helped build the brand.
- All returning players got playoff experience, and outgoing players got to enjoy some playoff hockey before moving on to the next stage (CIS, AHL/ECHL).

I'm sure that I am missing other positives from the season. Looking forward to the draft and offseason moves!

Chris Coutu

Mar 27, 2019
Burlington
Went to the game last night and Bulldogs played a decent game and put up a good fight.

First time I was in the arena since game 4 of the Soo playoff series last season. Unfortunate about the crowd size but I understand it's tough on a Tuesday night.

Good luck to the team in the off season and I look forward to attending more games next season.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
3-0 already. (And Yes I'm watching the game on SN360).

Bulldogs are just overmatched by these 67s.. and it looks like Hamilton's season will be over tonight.

It's been a great 4 years for him--winning a championship and making the playoffs 3 times--and hopefully he will have a good career starting in the AHL next season, which I will try to see him when Lehigh Valley comes to town.

Expect tons of changes in Hamilton next year--especially the roster and the coaching staff, because I just don't feel Andlauer will be comfortable with Laise as head coach since Matsos is likely gone (health).
Do you know what kind of issues Matsos is having? Seems a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad